• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My problem with Muslims from personal experience

Notanumber

A Free Man
Being born and brought up in the West I have got used to living in a country based on law and order applied equally to everyone.

Germany no longer has that and the same is happening to the UK.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What really bugs me is B.B.A who won't eat pork but they'll happily drink alcohol and do drugs. And they say they 'hate' Israel

There is a bit (but just a bit) of stereotyping in that judgement.

Still, you have a point. It does not help that one can hardly ever get a fair testimonial from Muslims themselves on these matters.

Personally, I think that the problems with Muslims and Islaam are a direct, quite possibly unavoidable consequence of the confluence of a proselitist attitude (which disregards and even denies outright one of the core elements of religious practice, that of respect towards individual perceptions) with an incredibly exacerbated emphasis on god-beliefs.

The end result is not only not healthy and not religious, but a serious impediment for the understanding of basic religious concepts and values.

ronki23

As usual, the forum descends into a hatefest for Muslims, by people guilty of exactly the same things they are accusing the Muslims of.

A Muslim 'friend' of mine made me eat beef. Actually we ordered a platter which I paid for and he said he didn't want the beef; rather than let the poor cow's life go to waste I ate the beef.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
My problem with Muzlems is that there aren't enough around were I am these days, I which I could lead a Izlaaam club or something around here but meh, not gonna happen.
All we ever get is negative publicity (thanks trustable US media, I love you!), it's fun. I'm still gonna be here watching cat videos though, you're not gonna take away that right!

ronki23

quote-let-god-s-grace-be-the-mosque-and-devotion-the-prayer-mat-let-the-quran-be-the-good-guru-nanak-68-70-68.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've noticed Muslims, whether they be from Sub Saharan Africa, the Indian subcontinent or Arabia, don't ever blame themselves for their wrongdoings.

I've noticed that Republicans, whether they be from Texas, North Carolina or Kansas, don't ever blame themselves for their wrongdoings. They continue to blame President Obama for everything but never Donald Trump. They refuse to admit that tax cuts don't result in economic growth. They blame Mexicans for all the problems here in the USA. They lie, cheat and steal. And they accept moral turpitude from other Republicans but never from Democrats.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I've noticed that Republicans, whether they be from Texas, North Carolina or Kansas, don't ever blame themselves for their wrongdoings. They continue to blame President Obama for everything but never Donald Trump. They refuse to admit that tax cuts don't result in economic growth. They blame Mexicans for all the problems here in the USA. They lie, cheat and steal. And they accept moral turpitude from other Republicans but never from Democrats.
That is actually an interesting parallel, albeit a slightly over-simplified one.

Republicans these days have a very hard time avoiding the lure of hegemony and supremacy. That is key in understanding much of their behavior regarding, for instance, Merrick Garland and Trump himself.

Authoritarianism can be very appealling to some. And it mixes very ill indeed with claims of divine guidance.

Ellen Brown

I've noticed Muslims, whether they be from Sub Saharan Africa, the Indian subcontinent or Arabia, don't ever blame themselves for their wrongdoings.

They condemn Israel, complain about American foreign policy, say 9/11 was an inside job and say ISIL is a grand Israeli conspiracy.

I know a Turkish guy and a half Lebanese girl from my hometown who both drink alcohol and smoke

From college I know a British born Bangladeshi and British born Pakistani. The latter is part of Pakistani solidarity campaign (but drinks alcohol).

From undergraduate I know a Saudi male (anti Israel), an Omani girl (anti USA/Israel), a male from Guinea Bissau (anti USA/Israel, anti colonial), a half Lebanese half Libyan with a hijab, a British born Pakistani with a long beard, a British born Bangladeshi who wants to go on Hajj but he drinks alcohol, and another 3 British born Asians (don't know where they're from).

From postgrad I know a Sudanese male (hates America), a Bahrainian girl (quite liberal actually), a Saudi lady (hijab, pro Palestine), a Palestinian guy, a Jordanian girl, a Qatari girl (hijab), a Senegalese guy and a Malaysian with a hijab.

I was born in America to an Okie and a Canadian. I'm a Veteran of the Vietnam Era. I'm white, and identify mostly as Muslim, though not the best one, and most of my background is very conservative Christian. And, being a student of History, Anthropology, and anything SCIENCE, it is really confusing trying to decide who the real criminals of the world are. Mostly, the American Government is full of robber barons. No insane plot is necessary because it is all in the history books if one cares to dig. Sadly, American Citizens are often taken advantage of by throwing them into the Military. We have lots of wars because they make money and keep people employed.

After seeing what Trump has done, I'm reminded of Goldie Hawn's skit on "Smart People".

A Pentacostly Preacher would say this world is full of sin. So, actually the crooks in the US government have lots of company in all the other countries.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My wife worked with a Muslim at a hotel, and she said the Muslim gave special discounted rates to other Muslims.

...My mom worked for a Muslim doctor, and he treated her horribly, and my mom was the nicest person I have ever known.

Pretty Much every Muslim I have ever met are little *****es. Sorry for being so blunt, but maybe there are some decent ones that I haven't met.

I haven't met many, but those that I have were really nice. Of course they weren't fundamentalists, either.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Being Anti-Europe doesn't make you a thug.
You see? So that was a perfect example to show you how absurd your point is about many folks who support Palestine. That doesn't make them bad either.
QED

Speaking of Hitler-
I wasn't.......

he was best friends with Yasser Arafat's Uncle, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem.
So what? He was very very good friends with the Duke of Windsor, does that make all Brits bad?
:shrug:

Thousands of Bosnian Muslims were part of the SS
SOURCE! Let's see all those thousands of Bosnian SS, can we?
Are you trying to support the Bosnian Muslim genocide of 30 years ago?

That's not very nice.

Jumi

...My mom worked for a Muslim doctor, and he treated her horribly, and my mom was the nicest person I have ever known.
I've had only good experiences with Muslim doctors and I think my sample size of one is the same as yours. I also believe they were devout based on their choice of clothing.

It all depends on how far Islam was allowed to influence a person I guess. The less devout the better.
Well, are devout Muslim experiences of you or your group positive or negative so far?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I haven't met many, but those that I have were really nice. Of course they weren't fundamentalists, either.
I think it goes a bit beyond that.

There is an inherent tension in most Muslims. To an extent, it is similar to that present in fundamentalist Christians.

On the one hand, they have been taught to value fear of God. Many actually encourage others to repent from not fearing God.

That is a huge drawback, because fear is a very destructive emotion. Being conditioned to perceive fear of God as something to be pursued cripples their ability to understand not only religious values, but even basic human nature. That is what the typical Muslim is taught, not the mark of their fundamentalists (which are hardly as easy to characterize as in Christianity).

On the other hand, a direct result of that self-inflicted neurosis is a heightened perception of the need for mutual support and respect.

Muslims are often indeed nice people. Unfortunately, if they are sincere muslims their reasons and their emotional structure for being nice will be all out of place, fragile, unreliable.

That is usually not very discernible in casual interaction, mainly because their very explicit roles of conduct take over and obfuscate the neurotic beliefs. But the more they perceive themselves as primarily Muslims interacting with the kuffar, the more easily they slip in the discriminatory doctrine that the Qur'an teaches.

It is particularly noticeable in communities that largely identify themselves with Islaam itself, such as Muslim countries or Muslim minorities that define themselves as such.

All doctrines benefit from the sincere effort of their adherents and most of all from their heretics, particularly their unintentional heretics with a fair measure of discernment. For Islaam, however, that is true to a larger extent than for most. Ironically enough, Islaam would never have reached anywhere near its impressive scope without the protection of its own critics and of its own herectics.

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
I've had only good experiences with Muslim doctors and I think my sample size of one is the same as yours. I also believe they were devout based on their choice of clothing.

Are you sure those weren't Indian doctors? Indians are typically very cool, down to earth people, especially the non-Muslim ones.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So what? He was very very good friends with the Duke of Windsor, does that make all Brits bad?
:shrug:

It goes way beyond casual friendship.

The Grand Mufti cooperated with Hitler in very consequential initiatives in what is now Israel. To this day the best that can be said about those is that they might be attributed to honest nationalism. Or maybe they can not.