• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My precsious son is so sick Prayer request please.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
My sone Bryce is just 15. He's a handsome 6 ft 200 pound, polite, soft spoken and respectful
young man.
I was 53 when he was born and I took him from his mothers womb and instantly bonded.
I was disabled from police work so not working and spend all my time with him.
I changed, fed, bathed, rocked, that baby all day every day.
Last wekk he got sick, really sick. I went to see him and he looked like he was dying.
Little did I know he was.
I begged his mom to get him some medical help immediately. She said she would. She didn't.
She thought he had the flu or something and made a doctors appointment.
Thanks God the doc knew Type 1 sudden onset juvinile diabetes and had him taken to the
nearest e.r. Tests showed him in horrible shape and he was flown to Akron Childrens Hospital
where they stabilized him.
In his mothers defense I will say the entire time he was in the hospital she never left his room.
She was a good supportive strong mother.
I saw him and he cried hard realizing how sick he was and he will have to self inject
insulin 4 X daily for the rest of his life.
He is coming to terms with this however I am having a hard time.
I'm angry. So very angry that this dirty trick of nature happened to my son.
I must reflect and be grateful he is alive and will likely live as normal a life as possible.
He must watch his diet closely but if he follows doctors instructions he'll live.
If you can find it in your hearts to utter a small prayer of thanks to God for helping spare
my son it would be so very appreciated.
Thank you.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Peace and strength to you and your family, Jeager.

Hope it's all good news from here on.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Best of care. Make sure the doctor instructions are followed and a positive recovery and many good years ahead.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
A little over a year ago my son had to have a heart valve replaced. Even though he's 35 he's still my son, my little boy. I remember how angry I was that this was happening to him and how powerless I felt to help him. Then I regrouped and realized that I would have to be strong for him. Thankfully he has completely recovered but he, also, will be on life saving medication for the rest of his life. Be there for your son and believe that everything will turn out alright. Sometimes it's all we can do.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You and your son have my thoughts....... and prayers.
I hope that he stabilises soon.
He will get used to self injection. It's amazing what we all get used to.....

jeager106

Premium Member
A little over a year ago my son had to have a heart valve replaced. Even though he's 35 he's still my son, my little boy. I remember how angry I was that this was happening to him and how powerless I felt to help him. Then I regrouped and realized that I would have to be strong for him. Thankfully he has completely recovered but he, also, will be on life saving medication for the rest of his life. Be there for your son and believe that everything will turn out alright. Sometimes it's all we can do.

Yes it's hard to be strong when the shock is so great and you realize the most prescious person in you life
was almost gone.
He's getting much better emotionally and coping far better than I.
I don't show him my fear, only trying to be a strong, loving father.
I DO understand your feelings, believe me.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
My little brother has been diabetic since he was 8 or so. It's an inconvenience more than anything for him now.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Best wishes to you and your family. Diabetes is ,much more manageable now, I pray that your son lives a long and happy life.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yes it's hard to be strong when the shock is so great and you realize the most prescious person in you life
was almost gone.
He's getting much better emotionally and coping far better than I.
I don't show him my fear, only trying to be a strong, loving father.
I DO understand your feelings, believe me.

I know. I hid my tears many times.

MD

qualiaphile
My sone Bryce is just 15. He's a handsome 6 ft 200 pound, polite, soft spoken and respectful
young man.
I was 53 when he was born and I took him from his mothers womb and instantly bonded.
I was disabled from police work so not working and spend all my time with him.
I changed, fed, bathed, rocked, that baby all day every day.
Last wekk he got sick, really sick. I went to see him and he looked like he was dying.
Little did I know he was.
I begged his mom to get him some medical help immediately. She said she would. She didn't.
She thought he had the flu or something and made a doctors appointment.
Thanks God the doc knew Type 1 sudden onset juvinile diabetes and had him taken to the
nearest e.r. Tests showed him in horrible shape and he was flown to Akron Childrens Hospital
where they stabilized him.
In his mothers defense I will say the entire time he was in the hospital she never left his room.
She was a good supportive strong mother.
I saw him and he cried hard realizing how sick he was and he will have to self inject
insulin 4 X daily for the rest of his life.
He is coming to terms with this however I am having a hard time.
I'm angry. So very angry that this dirty trick of nature happened to my son.
I must reflect and be grateful he is alive and will likely live as normal a life as possible.
He must watch his diet closely but if he follows doctors instructions he'll live.
If you can find it in your hearts to utter a small prayer of thanks to God for helping spare
my son it would be so very appreciated.
Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear this, but the good news is that it is manageable and trust me medical science is continuously advancing, day by day. There are many, many people who work on research for Diabetes treatments, stem cell research, etc.

We must trust in God, but work towards solutions as well. Fundraising campaigns for Type 1 Diabetes, educational drives, political forums for increased funding into research etc are all ways to get this moving until one day Type 1 Diabetes is fully curable.

Awoon

There are many good Drs in northern Ohio. An Akron General Dr. removed my left lung in November. Hope they work as a team for your Son. That is very important. Children have a way of overcoming illness, give your Son encouragement that he can help the Drs by staying happy, positive, embracing and understanding his disease.

jeager106

Premium Member
Thank you all.
My boy has come to grips with his condition and has learned to self inject, watch his diet, especially
carbs and knows he must eat three meals a day every day.
Now I have to adjust to this.
The docs tell me he has every chance in the world to live a long & productive life.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Thank you all.
My boy has come to grips with his condition and has learned to self inject, watch his diet, especially
carbs and knows he must eat three meals a day every day.
Now I have to adjust to this.
The docs tell me he has every chance in the world to live a long & productive life.
If you need any information on diabetes, send me a PM. Like I mentioned, my little brother has been diabetic since he was 8(he's 20-21 now), and I can help with what I know or just asking him.

For instance, does your son like spicy food? If so, tell him to start adding some kind of hotsauce to his food(Tobasco, brand doesn't matter). The capsaicin does two things. One, it works as an appetite suppressant, so he won't feel hungry all the time. Two, it seems to help a lot with regulating bloodsugar. I don't know the specifics on why, but it helped him a lot.

Also, regarding sweet foods and what not; my brother finds that it's better to eat a little bit of the real thing(icecream with real sugar in it, ect) than the sugarfree bit because it tastes better, and he doesn't get into he habit of over-eating the sugarfree ones, because those tend to have the same amount of carbohydrates.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Oh God, yes I know what you are saying. My own brother has the same type diabetes. One of my friends at work as well. I will pray, yes.
You are scared and sad, and it is for real. The first thing is, do not let any fear confuse your actions. My brother almost died twice actually, more his own fault for not taking care, but once he went down in a public store (food market) and for some reason the cops thought he was on drugs at first. Everything turned out ok, and he now always wears a special dog tag that indicates his condition. But he has had this since about 7 years old, he is old like me now. I believe everything will be ok, and I pray it is so. I do pray for that.

So the reason I say, it is important to get those "dog tags". Humans can only be so smart and make mistakes. Yes, watch the diet. All around us, there are such things. My own Mother-In-Law, well we are waiting on the results of a biopsy. I am afraid to hear the results. But you know, I am lucky having lived now to 59 years and she longer, and never did I have a single problem in my life (other than various crazy scenes, dangerous even, I am a nut in one way). I know I am going to die younger than most, I just know. But 59 years is actually a blessing, and I pray for yours too to live 70 years. I do. It is always easy for someone like me to sort of be indifferent, and I am even about myself. But others are otherwise, and I see nothing wrong in being so. You are just showing your love, that is the key. Also care for yourself, and bless you.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm sorry you had to go through such difficult situations, Jeager. Here is hoping that things go better from now on.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram jeager ji

certainly I will pray for you and your son , I am glad to hear he has ajusted well , ...I too have a close freind who is Diabetic it seems so many people are affected but the Doctors have been great and she is doing realy well providing that she follows her Diet properly , ...best wishes to all your family I hope the worst is over for you and all will be well from now on .

Kirran

Premium Member
My prayers are with you.

I'm so glad he's adjusting OK to it. I know somebody with T1 Diabetes who lives a basically normal life, aside from injections and watching her diet a little. I'd known her for quite a while before I even realised.

Best of luck to you both.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Sorry to know.

My prayers are with you and your son. I pray to God that he gets back better than he was before.