• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My paranormal investigations in random locations

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
This thread is solely for the purpose of documenting my paranormal investigations at random locations, such as parks, state parks, hotels, cemeteries, museums, antique stores, historic homes and buildings, abandoned houses and buildings, and local businesses.

For those who aren't familiar with who I am, I'm a firm believer in the paranormal, first as a sensitive and a medium, second as a paranormal investigator and researcher, and third as an eyewitness to poltergeist activity and other paranormal phenomena. In fact, I have spent a lot of my personal time and finances investigating and researching the paranormal. It's a passion of mine.

Please note that my thread is not a debate thread for skeptics determined to prove that the paranormal is not real. My thread is not a preaching soapbox for Christians (and other Abrahamic theists) to fervently insist that it's wrong for people to believe that human spirits (a.k.a. ghosts) exist because they believe it's demonic in nature and goes against what's taught in the Bible or some other holy book. I repeat, my thread isn't a debate thread or a soapbox to preach from. Debate and mocking members isn't allowed in this forum. My thread is for paranormal enthusiasts and other people who are genuinely curious about the paranormal.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Here's a recap of the terms that I often use in my posts relating to the paranormal.

EMF - Electromagnetic Fields

An EMF meter (detector) measures fluctuations in electromagnetic fields. It's a common theory among paranormal investigators that spirits have the ability to manipulate these fields. Unexplained EMF readings often indicate something paranormal.

EVP
- Electronic Voice Phenomena

An EVP is the voice of a spirit interacting with living people through an EVP recorder or a digital recorder. A spirit box (or ghost box) gives spirits the chance to speak in comprehensive sentences. A Class-A EVP is an intelligent answer to a question that everyone present can hear, whether it's a disembodied voice or it's heard through a spirit box, an EVP recorder, or a digital recorder.

SLS - Structured Light Sensor
An SLS camera can detect human shapes in absolute darkness or full light. It allows paranormal investigators to detect spirits that can't be seen with the naked eye, unless a spirit manifests. It gives paranormal investigators the ability to see a 3D image (like a skeleton) of a spirit. The green lines and white dots are spirits that have been mapped out by the camera through an infrared grid.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
This particular SLS image is my favorite one by far because it shows a human spirit in the motion of running. It was captured in the parking lot of a hotel where my husband and I regularly stay when we're in town for his job. He frequently goes to this rural town on business trips, and I'll sometimes accompany him. FYI, I've talked about this hotel in one of my older threads on this forum.

FGDV6004.JPEG

FGDV6004.JPEG

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
This particular SLS image is my favorite one by far because it shows a human spirit in the motion of running. It was captured in the parking lot of a hotel where my husband and I regularly stay when we're in town for his job. He frequently goes to this rural town on business trips, and I'll sometimes accompany him. FYI, I've talked about this hotel in one of my older threads on this forum.

View attachment 62535

View attachment 62535
Do spirits run? I thought they would just fall towards the center of the earth on account of being immaterial. And going through the floor as if it was not there.

Ciao

- viole

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Do spirits run? I thought they would just fall towards the center of the earth on account of being immaterial. And going through the floor as if it was not there.

Ciao

- viole
They're actually held to be of astral material of the astral plane outside of the three-dimensions of our physical plane senses and not immaterial.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Ciao

- viole

Yes, spirits can run, walk, or move objects. The ability of spirits to move depends on the level of energy they have when they're trying to interact with living people. Spirits can obtain energy from the environment, electronic devices, or from a living person.

I've seen spirits move heavy objects, turn lights on and off, turn a faucet on and off, open and close a door, and walk right through a wall or a closed door. I've also seen spirits walking or jogging alongside a busy road. But I think these incidences could be residual hauntings, which is the most common type of haunting. There are three common types of hauntings that I've had experience with over the years: residual haunting (the most common type of haunting in which a spirit is unaware and incapable of interacting and communicating with the living); intelligent haunting (in which a spirit is aware and capable of interacting and communicating with the living); and poltergeist haunting (in which a "noisy ghost" will move, hide, or throw objects, makes disturbing noises, interferes with electronic devices, or physically attacks a living person). I've been pushed a few times, but I've never been physically harmed.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Since residual hauntings aren't intelligent or aware but are rather a sort of imprinted recording that repeats itself, does that mean the person can still be alive elsewhere? For example, could someone walk in and witness the ghost of their own childhood self going through the traumatic experience that caused the residual haunting?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Since residual hauntings aren't intelligent or aware but are rather a sort of imprinted recording that repeats itself, does that mean the person can still be alive elsewhere? For example, could someone walk in and witness the ghost of their own childhood self going through the traumatic experience that caused the residual haunting?

I've never heard of what you described within the paranormal field, but I suppose it's possible since the paranormal encompasses so many unusual supernatural occurrences. Now, I know about doppelgangers, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

A residual haunting is energy (negative or positive) that is leftover from what was present before in a specific location, and it's like a broken record player that replays a song over and over again or a replay of a video showing past events. It's caused by either a life-altering event, a traumatic event in a specific location or the regular routine of a person who has died. It depends on the haunting.

George-ananda

Premium Member
These images were captured in the hospital of an old Union fort that is not far from where I live.
I really like some of these SLS images you are presenting such as the two figures that are walking outside.

As a psychic, do you also perceive these entities at the same time the SLS is capturing them.

Would a person such as myself with relatively weak psychic sensing and abilities be just as likely to capture SLS images or is the presence of a psychic person beneficial to the capturing of images?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I really like some of these SLS images you are presenting such as the two figures that are walking outside.

I prefer to capture SLS images of spirits outside because the images are much clearer to see, IMO.

As a psychic, do you also perceive these entities at the same time the SLS is capturing them.

Normally, yes. I'm able to see the spirits with my own eyes as well as see them appear on my SLS camera. There have been occasions when a spirit has been elusive and the SLS camera gives me the advantage of still seeing it. If a spirit is elusive, then I'll stand back at a distance and try to speak with it. I never provoke the spirits, so if a spirit doesn't want to speak, I won't pressure it to communicate.

Would a person such as myself with relatively weak psychic sensing and abilities be just as likely to capture SLS images or is the presence of a psychic person beneficial to the capturing of images?

Yes, you would be able to capture images of spirits on an SLS camera without having the abilities that I have. It's also beneficial to have a medium with you whenever you investigate a haunted location. It will give you the upper hand. It also increases activity.

George-ananda

Premium Member
It also increases activity.
That is the point I wanted to addresses. I am thinking that if I went there myself there is only a luck of the timing chance I would get an SLS positive capture. But there is a greater chance I would not get anything interesting.

But if I went with you my chances for success increase dramatically.

Am I understanding correctly?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
That is the point I wanted to addresses. I am thinking that if I went there myself there is only a luck of the timing chance I would get an SLS positive capture. But there is a greater chance I would not get anything interesting.

But if I went with you my chances for success increase dramatically.

Am I understanding correctly?

Yes, having a medium present will increase the chances of seeing more activity. That being said, you may also experience a lot of poltergeist activity depending on the haunted location you're investigating, even without a medium. You could stumble on a certain location that's teeming with poltergeist activity, or it could be dead silent. As I said before, the paranormal is very unpredictable.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Premium Member
Yes, that's correct.
To me this raises a very interesting point for acceptance of this paranormal phenomenon.

In a materialist worldview there is no logical reason why some people would capture more than others with the exact same equipment at the same places.

An enterprising parapsychologist could then actually confirm or deny this phenomenon with controlled experiments. I wonder if it has even been tried.

Even EVP equipment producing more activity for an alleged gifted person could also be tested in the same way.