• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Paranormal Investigation - The Old North Church and the USS Constitution

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I have heard this theory before. Do you have any thoughts on what seems to give this energy some intelligence? For example, it might slam a particular door or seem to target a articular person. Or it could burn or throw certain religious symbols but not random items.

Or do you see this as just random energy release?

Although I haven't personally witnessed any poltergeist activity based on this second theory, I've heard that intense emotional stress plays a role. Another name for it is spontaneous recurring psychokinesis. It's a theory that suggests that extreme emotional tension can inadvertently project outwards in the form of mental energy, which can affect the physical world and cause poltergeist activity.

But, as I previously stated, I have more experience with the first theory and believe it to be the most likely explanation for almost all poltergeist activity, but I could be wrong. Learning about this particular phenomenon is fascinating, as is all things paranormal.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Although I haven't personally witnessed any poltergeist activity based on this second theory, I've heard that intense emotional stress plays a role. Another name for it is spontaneous recurring psychokinesis. It's a theory that suggests that extreme emotional tension can inadvertently project outwards in the form of mental energy, which can affect the physical world and cause poltergeist activity.

But, as I previously stated, I have more experience with the first theory and believe it to be the most likely explanation for almost all poltergeist activity, but I could be wrong. Learning about this particular phenomenon is fascinating, as is all things paranormal.
I wonder if this second type could be some gremlin level entity that feeds off of psychic emotional energy of a high stressed or highly emotional individual. That might explain why it has seemingly intelligent targets and methods. Disbursement of psychic energy without intelligence would probably act without patterns or direction.

Just speculation.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I wonder if this second type could be some gremlin level entity that feeds off of psychic emotional energy of a high stressed or highly emotional individual. That might explain why it has seemingly intelligent targets and methods. Disbursement of psychic energy without intelligence would probably act without patterns or direction.

Just speculation.

I think that's a good theory, George-ananda.