• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Paranormal Investigation - The Old North Church and the USS Constitution

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
This thread is solely for the purpose of documenting my paranormal investigations at the Old North Church in Boston, MA. and the USS Constitution docked at the Charlestown Navy Yard in MA. For those who aren't familiar with who I am, I'm a firm believer in the paranormal, first as a sensitive and a medium, second as a paranormal investigator and researcher, and third as an eyewitness to poltergeist activity and other paranormal phenomena. Investigating and researching the paranormal is a passion and hobby of mine.

Please note that my thread is not a debate thread for skeptics determined to prove that the paranormal is not real. My thread is not a preaching soapbox for Christians (and other Abrahamic theists) to fervently insist that it's wrong to believe that earthbound human spirits (a.k.a. ghosts) exist because it's demonic in nature and goes against what's taught in the Bible or some other holy book.

I repeat, my thread isn't a debate thread or a soapbox to preach on. Also, debate and mocking members isn't allowed in this forum. My thread is for documenting my investigations and it's for paranormal enthusiasts who are genuinely interested in the paranormal.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Here's a recap of the terms that I often use in my posts relating to the paranormal.

EMF - Electromagnetic Fields

An EMF meter (detector) measures fluctuations in electromagnetic fields. It's a common theory among paranormal investigators that spirits have the ability to manipulate these fields. Unexplained EMF readings often indicate something paranormal.

EVP
- Electronic Voice Phenomena

An EVP is the voice of a spirit interacting with living people through an EVP recorder or a digital recorder. A spirit box (or ghost box) gives spirits the chance to speak in comprehensive sentences. A Class-A EVP is an intelligent answer to a question that everyone present can hear, whether it's a disembodied voice or it's heard through a spirit box, an EVP recorder, or a digital recorder.

SLS - Structured Light Sensor
An SLS camera can detect human shapes in absolute darkness or full light. It allows paranormal investigators to detect spirits that can't be seen with the naked eye, unless a spirit manifests. It gives paranormal investigators the ability to see a 3D image (like a skeleton) of a spirit. The green lines and white dots are spirits that have been mapped out by the camera through an infrared grid.

And now, with that all said and out of the way, I'll begin sharing what I personally experienced while I was at the Old North Church, the Paul Revere House, the USS Constitution, and the Salem Witch Museum in Salem, MA. Tonight I'm in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire at a pleasant resort with my husband and our son. We've traveled to New Hampshire from Texas to see Ringo Starr in concert.

We spent yesterday in Boston, and we went to the Old North Church, the Paul Revere House, and the USS Constitution. I wanted to investigate these historic sites. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to conduct a thorough investigation at the Old North Church because it was too crowded, but I did manage to capture a few SLS images, and I was allowed to use my Spirit Box while I was walking around inside and outside this historic church. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't conduct a good investigation at this church, but that's how it sometimes goes with paranormal investigations. I was even more disappointed when we arrived at the Paul Revere House because cameras weren't allowed, and because of the crowd and limited space, I couldn't use my ghost hunting tools (EMF meter, spirit box, EVP recorder, SLS camera) either. I was disappointed, but investigations don't always work out the way I want them to.

I'm pleased to say that my plans to investigate some historic sites in Boston weren't completely depleted because I conducted a much better investigation on Old Ironsides (the USS Constitution). I investigated the spar deck (or top deck), the gun deck, and the berth deck. There are four decks on the ship, but only these three are open to the public (click here to read details about these decks). The ship was a bit crowded when I first arrived around 4:00 PM, but the crowds on the ship began to dwindle around 5:00. I used my spirit box, my EMF meter, and my smaller SLS camera while I investigated the ship. I couldn't record any EVPs because there was a lot of background noise from the crowd inside the ship and from the outside of the ship. I took several pictures and videos while I was on the lower decks, but I didn't capture any images on either one. I definitely had more success documenting evidence with my SLS camera than with my digital camera. I also had more success with the spirit box than with the EVP recorder. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I was the only visitor on the gun deck when I went back for one more sweep of the area. The only other living person on the gun deck was a sailor, and she was on the other end of the deck. She didn't leave her station to come over and talk to me.

I was basically alone on the deck, so the spirits apparently decided this would be a good time to interact with me. So, they came alive (pardon the pun) for me and began to openly communicate with me. At least 15 spirits were willing to interact with me, and I was very pleased with how open they were towards me. There were a couple of spirits who were standoffish, so I left them alone. The USS Constitution is 225 years old, so I expected to see spirits from different time periods. Before I left the deck, I conducted a spirit box session with the sailor, and I let her handle my SLS camera, because she was curious to know what I was doing after I told her I was investigating the deck for paranormal activity. She was very impressed and she thanked me for letting her participate before I left. She also told me a few of the paranormal experiences that she and the other sailors had had while they spent the night on the ship.

Well, this is the end of my OP. I'm including a couple of the SLS images I captured at the Old North Church in my OP. I'll post the SLS images from the USS Constitution in the proceeding posts. I must ask everyone reading my OP to please respect the boundaries I've set for my thread, and that means no debating and challenging other people's beliefs in the paranormal or preaching on a soapbox.

IMG_2108[1].PNG

IMG_2108[1].PNG

IMG_2107[1].PNG

IMG_2107[1].PNG

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I might have asked you this before but do you ever psychically experience the spirits at the place they are captured on the SLS camera?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
These SLS images and the proceeding SLS images were captured on the gun deck, as I explained in my OP.

IMG_2115[1].PNG

IMG_2115[1].PNG

IMG_2116[1].PNG

IMG_2116[1].PNG

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I have other SLS images, but the rest are basically the same as the ones I've already posted. I didn't have time to go back down to the berth deck after the crowd dispensed and investigate it again while I was alone. My husband and son were hungry and were ready for some dinner, so I left with them. The spar deck had a few sailors and guests standing around on it when I emerged from the lower decks, so I wasn't able to capture any SLS images on the top deck either. I was hoping for more time, but it didn't work out for me.

Viker

Häxan
That's because the ship is haunted.

I didn't feel anything creepy while I was on the ship, but feeling the presence of spirits is natural to me.
Possibly so. It has a most colorful history and long career with the US Navy. It's also a beautiful ship. Had to be. It was our flagship for a while.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I have no desire to debate any issues concerning your interesting OP. It is theorized long lasting memories are those memories that for different reasons such as shock, greatly rewarding event or dangerous incident in our past life most likely are retained....Do you have theories what a 'ghost' is. Could the 'ghost' be just an energy field left behind caused by the extreme fear experienced by crew members or do you believe these are trapped spirits not able to find peace? Please, if you care to offer your opinion I would appreciate it....@Sgt. Pepper

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I have no desire to debate any issues concerning your interesting OP. It is theorized long lasting memories are those memories that for different reasons such as shock, greatly rewarding event or dangerous incident in our past life most likely are retained....Do you have theories what a 'ghost' is. Could the 'ghost' be just an energy field left behind caused by the extreme fear experienced by crew members or do you believe these are trapped spirits not able to find peace? Please, if you care to offer your opinion I would appreciate it....@Sgt. Pepper

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, Stonetree. I appreciate it. I don't mind answering questions about my paranormal investigations or about the paranormal in general, as long as the person asking isn't rude and a smart-aleck. There are three types of hauntings that I've experienced myself. The first and most common type of haunting I've experienced is a residual haunting. A residual haunting is the most common type of haunting in general, and it's caused by an energy that's leftover from what was present before in a specific location. It's like a replay of a video showing past events, and it continues to repeat itself over and over again. A residual haunting is caused by either a life-altering event, a traumatic event, or the regular routine of a person who died in a specific location. It depends on the haunting, and in this type of haunting, the spirit is unaware and incapable of interacting and communicating with the living.

The second type of haunting that I've experienced is an intelligent haunting. This is the type of haunting where I'm able to interact and communicate with human spirits. These spirits are aware of my presence, and they're willing to interact and communicate with me. And the last haunting that I've experienced was a poltergeist haunting. A poltergeist basically means' noisy ghost, 'and it will typically move, hide, or throw objects; make disturbing noises; interfere with electronic devices; and even physically attack a living person.

As I've explained before, a poltergeist isn't necessarily a human spirit or another entity. There are two commonly accepted theories among parapsychologists as to what a poltergeist actually is. The first theory is that a poltergeist is a human spirit or another entity that is responsible for psychological and physical disturbances. The second theory is that poltergeist activity originates from an unknown energy associated with a living person or a specific location. Personally, I believe both theories, but I agree more with the first theory, having witnessed poltergeist activity after asking a spirit to interact with me while no other living person was around.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
The second theory is that poltergeist activity originates from an unknown energy associated with a living person or a specific location.
I have heard this theory before. Do you have any thoughts on what seems to give this energy some intelligence? For example, it might slam a particular door or seem to target a articular person. Or it could burn or throw certain religious symbols but not random items.

Or do you see this as just random energy release?