• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Paidagogos (Galatians 3:24)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi Pegg,
Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!
You wrote:
"I was actually referring to Gods requirements that Noah build the ark...requirements which were specific to him and no one else."
How do you know that a spiritual ark has not already been built by My Messiah Yahushua acccording to the exact specifications given to Noah? I know full well that Jehovah's Witnesses have two hopes. You make a distinction amongst yourself exactly like Noah was required to do concerning clean and unclean animals. If My Messiah Yahushua has built an ark, how do you know, Pegg, whether you will be admitted as a clean or unclean animal?
Pegg, the Law is spiritual:
Romans 7:14
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
May you be open to looking at the spiritual side of the Law in order that you might grow in understanding and thus be saved from death.
Thanking you in advance should you be moved to reply, I am,
Sincerely, Latuwr

Latuwr, i agree the law has a spiritual side to it.

Tell me, what do you think is the spiritual meaning to Peters vision in the following passage:

Acts 10:9*The next day as they were pursuing their journey and were approaching the city, Peter went up to the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10*But he became very hungry and wanted to eat. While they were preparing, he fell into a trance 11*and beheld heaven opened and some sort of vessel descending like a great linen sheet being let down by its four extremities upon the earth; 12*and in it there were all sorts of four-footed creatures and creeping things of the earth and birds of heaven. 13*And a voice came to him: “Rise, Peter, slaughter and eat!” 14*But Peter said: “Not at all, Lord, because never have I eaten anything defiled and unclean.” 15*And the voice [spoke] again to him, the second time: “You stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed.” 16*This occurred a third time, and immediately the vessel was taken up into heaven.

What spiritual message is God giving through this vision?

Shermana

Heretic
Latuwr, i agree the law has a spiritual side to it.

Tell me, what do you think is the spiritual meaning to Peters vision in the following passage:

Acts 10:9*The next day as they were pursuing their journey and were approaching the city, Peter went up to the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10*But he became very hungry and wanted to eat. While they were preparing, he fell into a trance 11*and beheld heaven opened and some sort of vessel descending like a great linen sheet being let down by its four extremities upon the earth; 12*and in it there were all sorts of four-footed creatures and creeping things of the earth and birds of heaven. 13*And a voice came to him: “Rise, Peter, slaughter and eat!” 14*But Peter said: “Not at all, Lord, because never have I eaten anything defiled and unclean.” 15*And the voice [spoke] again to him, the second time: “You stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed.” 16*This occurred a third time, and immediately the vessel was taken up into heaven.

What spiritual message is God giving through this vision?

Peter specifically says that it was a vision, a metaphor for the Gentiles to be allowed into the Church.

Any book or person that says Israelites are to no longer obey our Dietary Laws should be regarded as naught but heresy.

Mailbag: Does Acts 10:11 overturn kosher (i.e., dietary) laws?

I like this idea about it also representing a "Marriage" between Jews and Gentiles.

http://www.hebroots.org/hebrootsarchive/0311/0311f.html

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Peter specifically says that it was a vision, a metaphor for the Gentiles to be allowed into the Church.

Any book or person that says Israelites are to no longer obey our Dietary Laws should be regarded as naught but heresy.

Mailbag: Does Acts 10:11 overturn kosher (i.e., dietary) laws?

I like this idea about it also representing a "Marriage" between Jews and Gentiles.

ACTS 10: A HEBRAIC VIEW (Part 1 of 2)

Jesus doesnt seem to think that foods can spiritually defile us:

Matthew 15:10*With that he called the crowd near and said to them: “Listen and get the sense of it: 11*Not what enters into [his] mouth defiles a man; but it is what proceeds out of [his] mouth that defiles a man.”

The fact that Gods brought gentiles, who eat all sorts of 'unclean' foods, into the congregation shows that foods do not make one spiritually unclean.

God would never give his holy spirit to a spiritually defiled person.... yet he gave his holy spirit to gentiles who eat unclean foods. What does that say about 'unclean' foods???

Shermana

Heretic
Matthew 15:10*With that he called the crowd near and said to them: “Listen and get the sense of it: 11*Not what enters into [his] mouth defiles a man; but it is what proceeds out of [his] mouth that defiles a man.”

I guess eating horse plop would not be defiling. I think I asked before what exactly "defiling" means and never got an answer, even after asking a few times. Besides, if that's what Jesus meant, that would make him a H-E-R-E-T-I-C. A false prophet. Stoneable. Is he saying it never was the case to begin with, or that he was now changing it while he arrived?

God would never give his holy spirit to a spiritually defiled person.... yet he gave his holy spirit to gentiles who eat unclean foods. What does that say about 'unclean' foods???

By all means prove that he gave the Spirit to them while they were eating unclean foods and didn't repent of it.

Latuwr

Hi Pegg,
Shabbat Shalom!
Look at the Apostle Peter's response upon being commanded: "Rise, Peter; kill, and eat."
Acts 10:14
14 But Peter said, Not so, YAHWEH; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
What makes something "common"? This is a good example to explain the meaning: The pork in pork and beans is unclean. The beans are clean, but when mixed with the pork, then the beans become common having been defiled by the pork.
I will not today, just like the Apostle Peter, eat anything common or unclean. Eating common or unclean food does not defile anyone in itself. However, the idea or belief that one can disobey or disregard what YAHWEH ELOHIM has commanded concerning food, this disobedience is what defiles the individual. Such a heart is not right before ELOHIM!
Peter's vision and commands were not given in order to convince him that he should now eat common and unclean foods. It was given to him so that he would understand that Gentiles who have been cleansed from their sins through the blood of Messiah Yahushua should no longer be considered unclean by believing Jews.
I formerly in my life ate pork and lobster and shrimp and many other unclean foods. All this eating of unclean foods was sin. I was cleansed from these sins through the work of My Messiah Yahushua. Now I am acceptable to YAHWEH ELOHIM, not because I only eat clean foods, but because YAHWEH ELOHIM has given me a heart that seeks to obey HIM.
If the spirit of ELOHIM is only given to the obedient (see Acts 5:32), how is it that eaters of swine's flesh can claim to possess HIS spirit?
Sincerely, Latuwr

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi Pegg,
Shabbat Shalom!
Look at the Apostle Peter's response upon being commanded: "Rise, Peter; kill, and eat."
Acts 10:14
14 But Peter said, Not so, YAHWEH; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
What makes something "common"? This is a good example to explain the meaning: The pork in pork and beans is unclean. The beans are clean, but when mixed with the pork, then the beans become common having been defiled by the pork.
I will not today, just like the Apostle Peter, eat anything common or unclean. Eating common or unclean food does not defile anyone in itself. However, the idea or belief that one can disobey or disregard what YAHWEH ELOHIM has commanded concerning food, this disobedience is what defiles the individual. Such a heart is not right before ELOHIM!
Peter's vision and commands were not given in order to convince him that he should now eat common and unclean foods. It was given to him so that he would understand that Gentiles who have been cleansed from their sins through the blood of Messiah Yahushua should no longer be considered unclean by believing Jews.
I formerly in my life ate pork and lobster and shrimp and many other unclean foods. All this eating of unclean foods was sin. I was cleansed from these sins through the work of My Messiah Yahushua. Now I am acceptable to YAHWEH ELOHIM, not because I only eat clean foods, but because YAHWEH ELOHIM has given me a heart that seeks to obey HIM.
If the spirit of ELOHIM is only given to the obedient (see Acts 5:32), how is it that eaters of swine's flesh can claim to possess HIS spirit?
Sincerely, Latuwr

Hi Latuwr,
It was Peter who said the following:
Acts 15:7*'... “Men, brothers, YOU well know that from early days God made the choice among YOU that through my mouth people of the nations should hear the word of the good news and believe; 8*and God, who knows the heart, bore witness by giving them the holy spirit, just as he did to us also. 9*And he made no distinction at all between us and them, but purified their hearts by faith. 10*Now, therefore, why are YOU making a test of God by imposing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke that neither our forefathers nor we were capable of bearing? 11*On the contrary, we trust to get saved through the undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus in the same way as those people also.”[/COLOR]
[/I]

Peter came to understand that the gentiles were not purified by works of mosaic law, but by 'faith' in Christ. Peter knew this to be the case because he saw an uncircumsized gentile (Cornelius) receive holy spirit and because of that, he came to accept that the mosaic laws requirements about eating certain foods was no longer applicable even to the jew when he said above "we trust to get saved in the same way as those people".... in the same way meant salvation was by 'faith' for both jew and gentile.

And the Apostle Paul, who was once a Pharisee, also accepted this new view that works of law did not make a person righteous, for he wrote:
Galatians 2:16 knowing as we do that a man is declared righteous, not due to works of law, but only through faith toward Christ Jesus, even we have put our faith in Christ Jesus, that we may be declared righteous due to faith toward Christ, and not due to works of law, because due to works of law no flesh will be declared righteous.

And in view of this, i would ask you to question why Noah was not given any restrictions on the type of animal foods he could eat. Upon exiting the Ark, he was told
Gen 9:1 And God went on to bless Noah and his sons and to say to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth. 2*And a fear of YOU and a terror of YOU will continue upon every living creature of the earth and upon every flying creature of the heavens, upon everything that goes moving on the ground, and upon all the fishes of the sea. Into YOUR hand they are now given. 3*Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU. 4*Only flesh with its soul—its blood—YOU must not eat.

'Every moving animal' means all of them. He had no restriction given him as to what type of animal he would eat. How do you feel about that?

Latuwr

Hi Pegg,
You wrote and asked:
"'Every moving animal' means all of them. He had no restriction given him as to what type of animal he would eat. How do you feel about that?"
Yes, the above is true, but Noah was made by YAHWEH ELOHIM to distinguish between clean and unclean animals (see Genesis 7:2). Seven pairs of clean animals and only two pairs of unclean animals went into the Ark. While YAHWEH did not instruct Noah on whether he and his family should only eat clean animals, there is no doubt in my mind that the distinction between clean and unclean animals aroused a number of questions in the mind of Noah.
If you were informed by YAHWEH that certain animals were clean and certain other animals were unclean, having been given a choice, which would you slaughter and eat? Hence, the need for seven pairs as opposed to two pairs.
Christians like yourself are given the same choice every time you cook dinner for your family. Moses exhorted the Children of Israel and through them the whole world to choose life over death:
Deuteronomy 30:19
19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Of course, my own family is raised, and I no longer control what they eat, but I can assure you that when they visit my home for a meal that I only serve them clean meats. As for myself, I choose life through obedience and not death through disobedience.
I can also assure you that the spiritual meaning behind clean and unclean foods determines whether or not this is still an important issue for the true Believers in My Messiah Yahushua.
Tell me, Pegg, are there any teachings or doctrines which you yourself as a witness of Jehovah, are there any doctrines which you deem unfit for mankind to consume and believe? In other words, Pegg, do unclean doctrines exist?
Sincerely, Latuwr

Shermana

Heretic
One has to accept that Noah was allowed to eat Golden Tree Frogs by this logic.

Clearly, "all living creatures" is the same thing as when Adam and Eve were allowed to eat "All Green Herbs", if they want to believe Adam was allowed to eat Hemlock and Poison Ivy, let them think that.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi Pegg,
You wrote and asked:
"'Every moving animal' means all of them. He had no restriction given him as to what type of animal he would eat. How do you feel about that?"
Yes, the above is true, but Noah was made by YAHWEH ELOHIM to distinguish between clean and unclean animals (see Genesis 7:2). Seven pairs of clean animals and only two pairs of unclean animals went into the Ark. While YAHWEH did not instruct Noah on whether he and his family should only eat clean animals, there is no doubt in my mind that the distinction between clean and unclean animals aroused a number of questions in the mind of Noah.

have you considered that the distinction between clean and unclean animals concerns 'worship' and not physical eating?

For example, When Noah came out of the ark, what type of animal did he offer as a sacrifice to God? Was it not of the clean animals?
And when Able offered a sacrifice, wasnt it also of the clean animals?
And when Moses instituted the mosaic law and laid down the types of animals for sacrifice on the alter, were they not also of only clean animals?

perhaps this is why God told Noah he could eat any type of animal....because eating has nothing to do with worship.

If you were informed by YAHWEH that certain animals were clean and certain other animals were unclean, having been given a choice, which would you slaughter and eat? Hence, the need for seven pairs as opposed to two pairs.

If that were the case, then why did God tell Naoh he could eat any animal he wanted to?

Tell me, Pegg, are there any teachings or doctrines which you yourself as a witness of Jehovah, are there any doctrines which you deem unfit for mankind to consume and believe? In other words, Pegg, do unclean doctrines exist?
Sincerely, Latuwr

yes of course unclean doctrines exist... doctrines which have no place in the worship of Jehovah God. The trinity is one such doctrine. It has no place in true worship because it is a lie.

Shermana

Heretic
perhaps this is why God told Noah he could eat any type of animal....because eating has nothing to do with worship.

And what's your take on the story of Daniel avoiding the unclean foods and staying healthier than his companions who partook in them?

Latuwr

Hi Pegg,
You made this comment:
"perhaps this is why God told Noah he could eat any type of animal....because eating has nothing to do with worship."
This absolutely is not true, Pegg.
If sacrifice is involved in the worship of YAHWEH, then the eating of the sacrifices is also intimately involved in the worship of YAHWEH ELOHIM. Only clean animals are involved in sacrifice; therefore, only clean animals are involved in any eating of them. Of all those animals sacrificed only those which are wholly burnt offerings and thus wholly consumed (eaten) by the Altar, these are the only sacrifices not shared in sacrifical worship. Except for those portions which are consumed by the Altar, the other portions of the sacrifices are eaten by the officiating priests, and, in some cases, various portions are eaten by the individual and family of the one who brings and offers the sacrifice. So the eating of the sacrifices are an important part of the worship of YAHWEH, that is, if the offering of sacrifice is a necessary part of any worship which YAHWEH desires.
If YAHWEH has mandated that only clean animals can be sacrificed in the worship of HIM, should you and others not question why unclean animals are not allowed in that worship? If unclean animals are not allowed in the worship of YAHWEH, what conclusions should the believer in YAHWEH hold concerning the eating of unclean animals? (If it is not good enough for YAHWEH, then why would it be good for me and my family?)
Sincerely, Latuwr

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi Pegg,
You made this comment:
"perhaps this is why God told Noah he could eat any type of animal....because eating has nothing to do with worship."
This absolutely is not true, Pegg.
If sacrifice is involved in the worship of YAHWEH, then the eating of the sacrifices is also intimately involved in the worship of YAHWEH ELOHIM. Only clean animals are involved in sacrifice; therefore, only clean animals are involved in any eating of them. Of all those animals sacrificed only those which are wholly burnt offerings and thus wholly consumed (eaten) by the Altar, these are the only sacrifices not shared in sacrifical worship. Except for those portions which are consumed by the Altar, the other portions of the sacrifices are eaten by the officiating priests, and, in some cases, various portions are eaten by the individual and family of the one who brings and offers the sacrifice. So the eating of the sacrifices are an important part of the worship of YAHWEH, that is, if the offering of sacrifice is a necessary part of any worship which YAHWEH desires.
If YAHWEH has mandated that only clean animals can be sacrificed in the worship of HIM, should you and others not question why unclean animals are not allowed in that worship? If unclean animals are not allowed in the worship of YAHWEH, what conclusions should the believer in YAHWEH hold concerning the eating of unclean animals? (If it is not good enough for YAHWEH, then why would it be good for me and my family?)
Sincerely, Latuwr

Lutuwr, do you realise that when Abel offered his sacrifices, he did not eat them.
Prior to the flood of Noahs day, people did not eat animals at all. So eating flesh was certainly not a part of Abels worship, nor was it a part of Noahs worship or any other servant of God prior to the flood.

And even after the flood, when Noah came out of the ark, God informed him that he could eat from all the animals that were with him.... not only the clean animals.

I certainly respect your right to choose the types of food you wish to eat, However, I cannot ignore the fact that God did not impose restrictions on the types of foods his servant Noah ate, therefore I dont think its beneficial to impose such rules ourselves. And think about this for a moment..."I want mercy and not sacrifice"... imagine a small poverty stricken village where wild pigs are the only type of food the people can find to feed themselves. Do you really believe that our loving God would reject anyone because they only could eat pig flesh to survive? "I want mercy and not sacrifice" These are the most powerful words we can ever hope to understand.

Last edited:

Latuwr

Hi Pegg,
You wrote:
""I want mercy and not sacrifice"
These are the most powerful words we can ever hope to understand."
Excellent! I had that verse and also others in mind when I added this clause to a sentence in my last post to you:
"that is, if the offering of sacrifice is a necessary part of any worship which YAHWEH desires."
YAHWEH ELOHIM commands sacrifice through Moses, and then through later Prophets, YAHWEH spends considerable energy to inform all of us that sacrifice means nothing to HIM!
Consider this scripture:
1 Samuel 15:22
22 And Samuel said, Hath YAHWEH as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of YAHWEH? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
I interpret this verse to mean that obedience to the commands of YAHWEH is more important to HIM than any sacrifice which the sinner can make for any transgression of HIS commands. If YAHWEH commands that one should not eat unclean meats, then it is obvious from this scripture that it is foolish to believe that sacrifice atones for the deliberate disobedience of what YAHWEH has commanded.
Consider also these verses:
Micah 6:6-8
6 Wherewith shall I come before YAHWEH, and bow myself before the high ELOHIM? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?
7 Will YAHWEH be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth YAHWEH require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy ELOHIM?
Having these scriptures, Pegg, what excuse can you and other witnesses give for continuing in your disobedience to YAHWEH through eating unclean meats?
Sincerely, Latuwr

Shermana

Heretic
Lutuwr, do you realise that when Abel offered his sacrifices, he did not eat them.
Prior to the flood of Noahs day, people did not eat animals at all. So eating flesh was certainly not a part of Abels worship, nor was it a part of Noahs worship or any other servant of God prior to the flood.

And even after the flood, when Noah came out of the ark, God informed him that he could eat from all the animals that were with him.... not only the clean animals.

I certainly respect your right to choose the types of food you wish to eat, However, I cannot ignore the fact that God did not impose restrictions on the types of foods his servant Noah ate, therefore I dont think its beneficial to impose such rules ourselves. And think about this for a moment..."I want mercy and not sacrifice"... imagine a small poverty stricken village where wild pigs are the only type of food the people can find to feed themselves. Do you really believe that our loving God would reject anyone because they only could eat pig flesh to survive? "I want mercy and not sacrifice" These are the most powerful words we can ever hope to understand.

You missed the part about Priests eating the sacrifices was part of many of the sacrifice rituals.

Any village that can only find pigs to eat needs to seriously consider moving, no vegetation and an all pork diet should kill them rather shortly.

I'm still waiting to hear what you think being spiritually defiled in terms of eating "Abominations" meant.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi Pegg,
You wrote:
""I want mercy and not sacrifice"
These are the most powerful words we can ever hope to understand."
Excellent! I had that verse and also others in mind when I added this clause to a sentence in my last post to you:
"that is, if the offering of sacrifice is a necessary part of any worship which YAHWEH desires."
YAHWEH ELOHIM commands sacrifice through Moses, and then through later Prophets, YAHWEH spends considerable energy to inform all of us that sacrifice means nothing to HIM!
Consider this scripture:
1 Samuel 15:22
22 And Samuel said, Hath YAHWEH as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of YAHWEH? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
I interpret this verse to mean that obedience to the commands of YAHWEH is more important to HIM than any sacrifice which the sinner can make for any transgression of HIS commands. If YAHWEH commands that one should not eat unclean meats, then it is obvious from this scripture that it is foolish to believe that sacrifice atones for the deliberate disobedience of what YAHWEH has commanded.
Consider also these verses:
Micah 6:6-8
6 Wherewith shall I come before YAHWEH, and bow myself before the high ELOHIM? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?
7 Will YAHWEH be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth YAHWEH require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy ELOHIM?
Having these scriptures, Pegg, what excuse can you and other witnesses give for continuing in your disobedience to YAHWEH through eating unclean meats?
Sincerely, Latuwr

simply put, we do not worship God with unclean animals. We are not offering them as sacrifices...so we are breaking no laws.

When was the last time you offered a sacrifice through the levitical priesthood? My guess is that you have never offered the animal sacrifices required by the mosaic law. How do you justify that before God?

Shermana

Heretic
When was the last time you offered a sacrifice through the levitical priesthood? My guess is that you have never offered the animal sacrifices required by the mosaic law. How do you justify that before God?

The same way that the Babylonians in exile justified it. When God wants the Sacrifices again, and he will, by a plain reading of Zechariah 14, He'll make known who is an authentic priest and He will indicate with a new prophet how to establish either the next Temple or a New Tabernacle.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The same way that the Babylonians in exile justified it. When God wants the Sacrifices again, and he will, by a plain reading of Zechariah 14, He'll make known who is an authentic priest and He will indicate with a new prophet how to establish either the next Temple or a New Tabernacle.

then perhaps until such a time, you cannot demand that we all abide exclusively by the mosaic law....

if God can put it aside for a time, so can we, right?

Shermana

Heretic
then perhaps until such a time, you cannot demand that we all abide exclusively by the mosaic law....

if God can put it aside for a time, so can we, right?

Were the Babylonian exiles supposed to avoid Sabbath and eat Shellfish too?

Latuwr

Hi Pegg,
You made this guess:
"My guess is that you have never offered the animal sacrifices required by the mosaic law. How do you justify that before God?"
It is not possible, or, at the very least, it is very remotely possible to be justified before ELOHIM through works of the Law because it is through the Law that we also acquire a knowledge of our sin. Under the Law, this knowledge of sin requires that I bring and sacrifice various offerings if my sin was not intentional. The very existence of these requirements is based upon the assumption that I will sin; therefore, I always have something before me that I must accomplish.
Let's say that the physical Temple is rebuilt in Jerusalem, and that somehow a levitical priesthood is also identified, purified and properly ordained. Under the Law, I would be required to go up to Jerusalem three times a year and offer the various animal sacrifices required by and for me both on an individual and communal basis. At any given time, the various requirements are always before me so much so that I can never stand before ELOHIM and confess:
YAHWEH, I have accomplished everything that YOU have commanded me to accomplish. I, therefore, stand justified before YOU.
This justification through works of the Law is very temporary, and it it only valid until the time comes around that I must offer my next animal sacrifice.
There does exist an alternate way to be justified before ELOHIM, but this justification cannot apply to you and other witnesses because you maintain that you have never been under the Law and, therefore, you have no need to fulfill the Law and thereby receive justification. My justification through the faith of My Messiah Yahushua is based upon my belief that I have fulfilled the requirements of the Law through HIM. I stand before ELOHIM justified because I have accomplished for all time everything required of me by the Law.
Does any of this make any sense to you?
Sincerely, Latuwr