• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My own site

ChrisP

Veteran Member
gnostic said:
I've constructed a website on mythology. If you are interested in classical Greek/Roman, Norse, Celtic or Arthurian, then you will find a lot at Timeless Myths.:shout

My apology if you are having problem with my grammar.:(
Omigosh this is YOU!!! I'm a big fan! thanks for the Celtic section esp. the Eireland stuff :D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Looks pretty cool from my phone, can't wait to check it out on a pc, which should be within a week.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I love the site Storyteller.... err, gnostic.

Only one problem. There just is not enough about the legends of Ymir :)

Just kidding, put down the digging impliment. You have done a huge amount of work on this. The search facility is very handy too.

Keep at it big fellah!

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
A good site well done.
I take it that it will grow as time passes.

Terry___________________
Blessed are those who bring peace, they shall be children of God

Buttercup

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
Looks pretty cool from my phone, can't wait to check it out on a pc, which should be within a week.
Your cell phone bill must be atrocious!

Looks like a very interesting website! Will have to bookmark it. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks to Kai, I got to see this thread I missed out on first time round. What an impressive website!

ChrisP

Veteran Member
It is indeed. I came across it in a google and had been perusing it for a while before Gnostic even joined here! Nice site again Gnostic

gnostic

The Lost One
Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate that some people here are visiting Timeless Myths.

I have totally separate section, which was supposed to be a new site, Dark Mirrors of Heaven. Until I find a new web-hosting server, this site will be piggy-back on top of Timeless Myths.

It deals mainly other literatures, other than the Genesis. I have concentrated on the period from Creation to the Flood. These other sources include the following:
  • The Talmudic Haggada.
  • The books of Enoch.
  • A few Gnostic texts from Nag Hammadi codices.
  • And even a couple of Sumerian clay-tablets.
This Dark Mirrors of Heaven is more religious in nature, but also dealing with other legends other than the canonical Genesis. It covers the legends surrounding Enoch and Lilith too, legends that most Christians would not be aware of.

I hoped that people will visit this site, too.

Littledragon

Questing Dragon
:bow: Both sweet sites Gnostic !! I will pass the Url on to many friends! Thanks!:bow:

I wonder... would you be willing to accept help? I have several books on sumerian mythology, especially the Enuma Elish (tablets of creation). If I was to put together an article or something could I get you to put it up?? I would love to be able to contribute, and feel useful.

Sweet water and Light laughter
Littledragon

gnostic

The Lost One
Thank you, littledragon.

I am sorry for taking so long getting back to you, Littledragon. I don't visit this section of RF as much as I would like, since it is often quiet here.

I had started a new mythological sites, where I have written much on both Sumerian/Akkadian and Egyptian myths. The Sumerian myth was going to be separate from the site Dark Mirrors of Heaven.

But had postponed putting up this new site for two reasons.

1) I had gone back to study since last year, so I have not done anything recently.

2) Interface design flaw. I don't know if you know much web design/development, but my design (using Cascading Stylesheet) looks right with Mozilla type browers, but not on MS Internet Explorer.

These are the main reasons why I have not posted the new site.

As to putting article up on Sumerian myth, I am not too sure. Is it comparison between Sumerian creation myth and the Biblical Genesis? I might be willing to put up such page.