• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My Octopus Teacher"

Terry Sampson

In spite of Netflix's "My Octopus Teacher" evoking some curiosity about the underwater documentarian, Craig Foster's, pre-documentary life, his documentary increased my esteem for octopi enormously. I recommend it for adults and kids alike. Fascinating introduction to one intelligent creature.

@Revoltingest

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've long been an octopus admirer. But it's a darn shame
that their lives are so short....so much innate intelligence,
& such physical capability.

Caution:
This admiration does not extend to Octomom.

Terry Sampson

But it's a darn shame
that their lives are so short.
I damn near cried over that part. But was left wondering, because I haven't researched it yet, ... are the average lifetimes of males as short as the females'? or significantly longer?

The neatest part, IMO, was when Foster "cradled" the octopus in his arms. A naive, much younger "me" would have rushed out to get one to have around the house.

This admiration does not extend to Octomom.
Goes without sayin' ...

pearl

In spite of Netflix's "My Octopus Teacher" evoking some curiosity about the underwater documentarian, Craig Foster's, pre-documentary life, his documentary increased my esteem for octopi enormously. I recommend it for adults and kids alike. Fascinating introduction to one intelligent creature.

Thanks so much for posting this, I thoroughly enjoyed it. But if it were me not sure I would have the restraint not to interfere.