• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My new religious movement.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Hello. I think I will start telling people that I am trying to start a new religious movement rather than saying that I am trying to start a cult.

I don't have a catchy or quirky name for my NRM yet.

I've posted my thesis before here on RF but idk it seems to have been removed from my thread list. Idk if it was because I was proselytizing in the wrong place. Anyways I looked through all the forum sections and this seems like the most appropriate place to present a refined introduction to my NRM.

I won't post more about it on RF really other than the introduction I provide below and of course I'll answer any questions that are presented by others in this thread. I'm in the process of expanding my introduction into chapters so I am finding a more appropriate online venue where I can properly proselytize with the full presentation of my beliefs and understanding.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
The inevitability of suffering is a concept I challenge. This unconventional proposition forms the crux of my argument, even though my understanding of the exact methods to eliminate suffering is still developing. Crucial to this journey is an evolution of consciousness and a profound shift in our perception of reality.

I propose the idea of collective transcendence. If one person, through an evolved consciousness and altered perception of reality, can overcome suffering and mortality through enlightenment, it stands to reason that this can be extended to two people, then three, and so forth, until all of humanity reaches enlightenment. This mass enlightenment could potentially lead to a state devoid of suffering.

In this context, I redefine "God" not as a divine entity, but as a neutral force I call "Infinite Intelligence". This force is the wellspring of consciousness for all beings and is accessible to all humans. Those who tap into this power and use it to manifest their goals essentially become "gods", making my theological framework autotheistic. This internal power could enable Collective Enlightenment.

I posit that a cosmic battle between good and evil is ongoing, potentially explaining the prevalence of evil in society. The outcome isn't predestined; both sides can triumph. Humans, through the exercise of free will, can actively support the cause of good, while succumbing to evil requires no effort, just a passive existence without purpose.

I identify the government as an instrument of evil, arguing that it systematically diminishes human cognitive abilities, leading to our collective devolution with each generation. This process, both subtle and overt, fosters an illusion of progress, supported by collective knowledge and scientific advancements. If the government is removed, cognitive devolution could be stopped, paving the way for cognitive evolution and enlightenment.

Our journey towards a utopian existence is hindered by this cognitive devolution. However, I suggest that the key to revealing this path lies in our evolution through anarchism and collective morality. Anarchism, in my view, is the absence of government. Without the government's corrosive influence, society could find and implement ways to eliminate suffering.

Anarchism, however, is only part of the solution. A society free from an inherently immoral force could cultivate collective morality, potentially through spiritual enlightenment. As society becomes more spiritually enlightened with each generation, we may eventually find a way to end the cycle of suffering.

This collective enlightenment could be seen as a literal manifestation of heaven on earth, though I admit this depiction is uncertain.

In conclusion, I restate my thesis: 'Suffering is not inevitable.' Through the cultivation of collective morality and an evolution of consciousness, we can illuminate the path forward. This is not a sermon, but a theory open to scrutiny and debate, with the aim of refining and strengthening our collective understanding.

Envision a world where suffering is but a distant memory, a world where enlightenment is not the exception, but the rule. A world where the evolution of consciousness has led to a profound shift in our perception of reality, and where collective morality has replaced the supposed need for government. This is not just a utopian dream, but a potential reality within our grasp.

We stand on the precipice of a new era, an era of collective enlightenment, an era where the concept of 'God' is redefined as an accessible force of 'Infinite Intelligence'. This is the dawn of a time where humans, through the exercise of free will, actively support the cause of good, and where the cosmic battle between good and evil tilts in favor of the former.

This is a call to action, a call to evolve, a call to transcend. It is a call to each individual, to each collective, to each generation, to rise above the illusion of progress and to truly progress towards a state devoid of suffering. This is our journey, our challenge, and our destiny. Let us embrace it with open minds and open hearts.

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
About suffering:

There are scenarios where a person could consent to suffering but forgot this choice..... but they'd remember this choice when they "woke up".

The first scenario is the Roy game from Rick and Morty:

Well Rick forced the game onto Morty but Rick thought it was a good idea.

In Alan Watts' dream thought experiment which I interpret as involving a video game the person can have their wildest dreams come true (but might prohibit sadism).

Then they eventually choose a life involving suffering basically out of boredom.

Anyway the use of simulations is a way of achieving your dream of eliminating suffering. Boredom could lead to a desire for challenge and discomfort though I guess the mind could be modified so that people are happy with endless bliss like in the Christian heaven that lasts for an eternity.

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
A quote from The Matrix about a world without suffering:
Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization.