• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My new huge phone

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Look at the size of this thing:
IMG_20230202_094020818.jpg

It has a 7.12 inch screen. That's .12" bigger than my tablet.

Makes browsing a lot nicer.

I had the same model phone last summer until one day when I accidentally put it in the same pocket with my bicycle multi-tool. :p

Ever since I've been looking for a replacement on eBay and Mercari. Problem was they usually go for over $200 used and I couldn't see myself spending that much money for something I really didn't need (I already have two phones and two tablets).

Then a little over a week ago I found this while window shopping on eBay:

Screenshot_20230203-202745.png

The description read:

"AS-IS.

All “AS-IS” devices are not checked for water damage nor battery health. NO RETURNS accepted"

Which I figured quite possibly meant, "this thing doesn't work, but maybe some sucker will buy it anyway." :D

Well, I decided to take a chance anyway and boy did I luck out: everything works just fine (except for the hotspot/tetherring feature but that may just be a matter playing with the configuration), the humongous 6000mah battery seems to be in really good shape, and the cracks in the screen are no big deal (all of my phones wind up with cracked screens anyway so it's probably good that I got that out of the way).

As it happens, both of my tablets and my primary phone have all srarted having serious issues lately: my 10-in tablet won't charge, my 7-in tablet keeps crashing, and the touch screen on my phone has gotten really unresponsive.

I was starting to look for replacements for my phone and at least one of the tablets, but now it looks like I should be able to get by by having this phone do double duty.

Very happy . I loved using this thing last summer and have been kicking myself for being careless and breaking it ever since.

I love it when the Universe steps in to fix my mistakes for me.:D

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Look at the size of this thing:View attachment 71449

It has a 7.12 inch screen. That's .12" bigger than my tablet.

Makes browsing a lot nicer.

I had the same model phone last summer until one day when I accidentally put it in the same pocket with my bicycle multi-tool. :p

Ever since I've been looking for a replacement on eBay and Mercari. Problem was they usually go for over $200 used and I couldn't see myself spending that much money for something I really didn't need (I already have two phones and two tablets).

Then a little over a week ago I found this while window shopping on eBay:

View attachment 71451
The description read:

"AS-IS.

All “AS-IS” devices are not checked for water damage nor battery health. NO RETURNS accepted"

Which I figured quite possibly meant, "this thing doesn't work, but maybe some sucker will buy it anyway." :D

Well, I decided to take a chance anyway and boy did I luck out: everything works just fine (except for the hotspot/tetherring feature but that may just be a matter playing with the configuration), the humongous 6000mah battery seems to be in really good shape, and the cracks in the screen are no big deal (all of my phones wind up with cracked screens anyway so it's probably good that I got that out of the way).

As it happens, both of my tablets and my primary phone have all srarted having serious issues lately: my 10-in tablet won't charge, my 7-in tablet keeps crashing, and the touch screen on my phone has gotten really unresponsive.

I was starting to look for replacements for my phone and at least one of the tablets, but now it looks like I should be able to get by by having this phone do double duty.

Very happy . I loved using this thing last summer and have been kicking myself for being careless and breaking it ever since.

I love it when the Universe steps in to fix my mistakes for me.:D

That is a biiiig screen.
My Pixel XL is 6.2 inches I think.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
The call such devices 'phablets'.

My parents buy my phones so if I break one I have to answer to them to get it fixed. Thankfully I keep good condition of my electronics. :D

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
If you can, get insurance on your phone. It's very much worth it if the phone breaks, and the deductible is far less than buying a whole new phone.