• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My mother called me a burden, recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthtank

I am going to comit

You don't have the right to say that. Hate speech is not a right, neither is trolling.

Who's trolling? What hate speech? Seems you just want to come here to vent and hope everyone agrees with you but, can't handle being told and shown how ungrateful and disrespectful you have been towards your mother.

A Vestigial Mote

Look, you know more about your mother than anyone here does. Maybe you should cut her some slack, maybe you shouldn't. But whatever you do, if you aren't happy with your actions or the results, it's on you.

You don't have to listen to a single word from anyone here, obviously. None of us can dictate your worth to you. You hold the key to your own sense of worth. And if you partake only of actions and words that you believe to be "worthy," then you will naturally experience a high sense of self-worth. This is what I try to do, and I know for a fact that no one can tear me down with mere words. Not even my mother or father - were they to try.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I am autistic with some mental illnesses. I told my mother I feel like a burden because of my mental health issues, and instead of validating me, she said it is a burden, to which I responded: Don't expect me to take care of you, when you are old, you ****ing *****! I hate my mother. She apologized, but I don't trust her enough to believe her. People are not burdens.

I'm sorry to say it but people are burdens and we put up with the burdens of the ones we love. I have a wife and 2 kids with no major health issues and they are all a burden to me. I can't go through a day without thinking of them before making a decision about myself. I will forgo my happiness for theirs. It is at times a major burden but I can handle it because of my love. It is the same with God you are burdened everyday in life but that doesn't mean God doesn't love you.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
People are not burdens.

They certainly can be, if they’re able to help out but are just lazy!

(I understand that you have health issues, so it probably doesn’t apply to you.)

Don’t kid yourself, though...people can take advantage of situations, and be a burden to their care-givers, and never be grateful.

I’ve lived with it.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Life in this system isn’t fair, but for many, it’s about attitude.

Life is 10% what happens to you, but 90% how you respond to it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is not a burden, and she had no right to say that. I am a goddam person, not a condition. Reported.
If you have autism, then it means you have tendencies able characteristics that enable a doctor to make such a diagnosis. Such as me, those who know anything about Aspergers typically can tell in an Aspie. Because that's what I am. Just as bipolar, schizophrenia, or major depression are a part of the person who has them. Of course they are still people, but the symptoms of those disorders are just as much of a part of that person a their being left or right handed. It just is. Efforts can be made to improve conditions, but Autism doesn't go away, and yes it is a burden. For those with it and caregivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.