• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My live performance in church.

David T

Premium Member
View attachment 30445
I gave a live performance the other day at church. I sing in tongues and the device i am holding translates that into words. Its a rather remarkable device since its on fire, its a massive stump, and its also a voice box in my lap as well.

How i practice is i let that device speak, and over time i create sounds with wind passing over a membrane in my throat by pressing air across. It can be varied with a number of techniques. Now my daughter she doesnt really care as much about those sounds, but when the voice bix in my hand speaks she perks right up!!

Now the church i attend is rather large. So large i lose track i am always in it regardless. Thats an unfortunate moment whe. I start thinking a bit to much. I take a deep breath, step back look at trees and realize they dont care. The intellect is a trickster to itself.

Now my church has no walls not religion, not science, or any human thought has ever found any nor will it although most "believe" they have and debate whose walls are correct. Both are very immature.

I am never confined to that the wilderness is unbounded. And i sit outside those walls that we always errect, crawl into and begin to believe, now we really know. That has from the dawn of time till the end of time will be false.

John Muir said"in going out, what i really discovered was that i was really going in".

I undestand for many thats an alien unintelligible statement. In a world of religion in confusion, of science in confusion arguing, taking a deep breath, see what the trees see and ypu may if you pay close attention see the church. And maybe you to will pick up a voice box of wood and speak 3 cords while exercising that bagpipe we call a voice in our throat. All of it will over time harmonize with the one voice, that is for us so hard to hear. Art never ever comes easy.

PureX

Veteran Member
Art never ever comes easy.
In my experience, that's not true. Sometimes it comes as if granted by the angels, and other times it takes so much struggle and tribulation that it's very difficult to know what you're doing or even when it's done. I say this with many years of experience creating works of art, and with many artist friends experiences accumulated over those years.

I honestly think that creating art is the most amazing and important thing that we humans do, besides loving each other.

David T

Premium Member
In my experience, that's not true. Sometimes it comes as if granted by the angels, and other times it takes so much struggle and tribulation that it's very difficult to know what you're doing or even when it's done. I say this with many years of experience creating works of art, and with many artist friends experiences accumulated over those years.

I honestly think that creating art is the most amazing and important thing that we humans do, besides loving each other.
I was alluding to even getting to it in the first place sometimes! Yes indeed it can pop into existence amazing fast at times. But just the slog to even get to that isnt easy. We tend to think "oh they are talented" but talent is also hardwork. The more i play guitar the more i appreciate the hardwork "talented" people have put in.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In a world of religion in confusion, of science in confusion arguing, taking a deep breath, see what the trees see and you may if you pay close attention see the church.
Amen. The church is the natural world. The natural world is the church.

Here, sharing some photos I took to go along with what you were saying...
Sequoias3.jpg
Sequoias.jpg
Sequoias2.jpg

David T

Premium Member
Amen. The church is the natural world. The natural world is the church.

Here, sharing some photos I took to go along with what you were saying...
View attachment 30449 View attachment 30450 View attachment 30451
Well now you are preaching to the choir!!! I feel like a choir member hopping up and down. I just watched amazing grace bu Aretha Franklin recently. I also spend a lot of time contemplating John Muir. I like how he used language to convey his experiences. Definitely the tonality is straight out of spiritual tradition. Like a genre reworked slightly but fully still that genre. Here is my feeling in context to the song amazing grace. Hope it makes sense.

Amazing....
(spectacular, view)
Grace.......
(I have to say to see the moment and capture it on film well done)

How sweet the sound.......
(it speaks what you photographed if we stop talking)

That saved a wretch like me
(its that sound that voice i trusted it lead me to it)

I once was lost,
(like most i was prattling around in my head, and in cicilization not fully awake or normalv very unhealthy actually)

but now am found
(its only when we come fully into contact does found have any real meaning)

T'was blind but now I see
(Like one momenent, it appears as merely the background and yet suddenly it changes and you can now see it for what it is. Artists see and feel it often)

I used the song to articulate a feel for my descriptions. Are they correct? Its how i feel that effects how i see.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well now you are preaching to the choir!!! I feel like a choir member hopping up and down.
We try so hard with all our arguments to speak to something which speaks for itself. Beauty. If only we are quiet for a moment to listen and let it speak in all its grandeur and subtleties. It is pure Beauty. A miracle awaits in every moment, when we simply open our eyes and see.

In that first photo above, right after I shot that in the Sequious, in the shroud of the clouds that sat on the top of that mountain where I was, a herd of about 20 mule deer suddenly appeared a few feet away from me in that silence. For the next 10 minutes I photographed them until they left.

It seems like every moment has a miracle like that, from a simple bug flying in front of you on its way to where it is going, or that squirrel which just sat "singing" with me, while I played my bansuri in my garden for the past half hour. It was quite the connection between species. I think I'll processing that for some time to come...

I just watched amazing grace bu Aretha Franklin recently. I also spend a lot of time contemplating John Muir. I like how he used language to convey his experiences. Definitely the tonality is straight out of spiritual tradition. Like a genre reworked slightly but fully still that genre. Here is my feeling in context to the song amazing grace. Hope it makes sense.

Amazing....
(spectacular, view)
Grace.......
(I have to say to see the moment and capture it on film well done)

How sweet the sound.......
(it speaks what you photographed if we stop talking)

That saved a wretch like me
(its that sound that voice i trusted it lead me to it)

I once was lost,
(like most i was prattling around in my head, and in cicilization not fully awake or normalv very unhealthy actually)

but now am found
(its only when we come fully into contact does found have any real meaning)

T'was blind but now I see
(Like one momenent, it appears as merely the background and yet suddenly it changes and you can now see it for what it is. Artists see and feel it often)
Beautiful

:praying:

I used the song to articulate a feel for my descriptions. Are they correct? Its how i feel that effects how i see.
When we speak truth from ourselves in whatever language speaks to us, that is Truth.

David T

Premium Member
We try so hard with all our arguments to speak to something which speaks for itself. Beauty. If only we are quiet for a moment to listen and let it speak in all its grandeur and subtleties. It is pure Beauty. A miracle awaits in every moment, when we simply open our eyes and see.

In that first photo above, right after I shot that in the Sequious, in the shroud of the clouds that sat on the top of that mountain where I was, a herd of about 20 mule deer suddenly appeared a few feet away from me in that silence. For the next 10 minutes I photographed them until they left.

It seems like every moment has a miracle like that, from a simple bug flying in front of you on its way to where it is going, or that squirrel which just sat "singing" with me, while I played my bansuri in my garden for the past half hour. It was quite the connection between species. I think I'll processing that for some time to come...

Beautiful

:praying:

When we speak truth from ourselves in whatever language speaks to us, that is Truth.
Amen....
To all the above.