• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Life Right Now...

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Mine were from Missouri too.

I figured it must be somewhere warmer than here. The only times I have been to California was during this time of year. Apparently, the rainy season for southern California is coming up based on how it was during my visits.

What rain we get in SoCal generally comes roughly December through March. October is a great time to visit California, it's still warm and dry with clear skies and cool at night. We get the occasional surprise rain in November (we did this year, first rain in probably 6 months, very exciting) or occasional monsoonal summer rainstorm, but usually we go for a pretty long stretch across late spring, summer, and fall without any measurable rain.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Hey @Rival - I'm a big fan of studying, good for you!

Currently I'm study various aspects of "ecological dynamics", which includes pain science, movement science, skill acquisition, physical therapy, and sports coaching.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's this...

20211130_203156.jpg

I'm still catatonically depressed but language learning gives me a focus.

What are you doing?

I want.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
What rain we get in SoCal generally comes roughly December through March. October is a great time to visit California, it's still warm and dry with clear skies and cool at night. We get the occasional surprise rain in November (we did this year, first rain in probably 6 months, very exciting) or occasional monsoonal summer rainstorm, but usually we go for a pretty long stretch across late spring, summer, and fall without any measurable rain.
I have visited during December and January. There was some rain, but it was still nice enough to wonder around and see the sites.

I have not been out in many years, but at my next opportunity, I want to see Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park where some of the old Star Trek episodes were filmed. I would also like to see some of northern California. It is such a large state, it may take a series of trips.

I used to get plant samples from Arizona. I could always tell when the monsoons had come in. The rain would splash sand onto the plants prior to sampling. I had to add a washing step to samples from those periods.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Up to now I've been doing Middle English, which I still am.
That is awesome!

I got sidetracked from it about five years ago, but I was starting to make some headway at teaching myself to read German. There are a lot of good insect papers in German. It was a very mediocre proficiency, but still progress. A large gap I had not considered, but discovered later, was in my mental pronunciation. After talking with some folks that spoke German, I realized, not hearing it, I was learning the meaning and use of the words, but flubbing the pronunciation.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Is that what they speak in Middle Earth?
I don't know if you're joking so I'll answer factually.

Middle English is the English spoken from around 1150 to 1500. Before that is Old English and after 1500 is Early Modern English.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don't know if you're joking so I'll answer factually.

Middle English is the English spoken from around 1150 to 1500. Before that is Old English and after 1500 is Early Modern English.
I was joking. But now I'm totally interested in the differences and evolution.

We Never Know

No Slack
Shingles.

Let me tell you guys about hauling 50 bundles of shingles at 75 pounds each up 3 flights of stairs while dodging cats.

I had to replace my roofs several years back because of hail. I went with metal.
Another hail storms may dent it but it won't leak or even need replaced unless I replace it for cosmetic reasons(hail dents).