• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My life is about to change a lot this year.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think it's great for some people but unfortunately here in the US, if you live off the grid, the government's going to come after you.
That might happen here too in Norway. But I will do the right thing and inform the local government with all the right paperwork needed to do this :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That might happen here too in Norway. But I will do the right thing and inform the local government with all the right paperwork needed to do this :)
I don't think it's right personally, but I think every single government out there wants it's tax money and it absolutely hates people who decide to sever themselves from the system.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
First, I will have to actually buy the bus I want to live in before thinking of hobbies :p
There are advantages to a trailer.
- If the towing vehicle dies, you have the option of replacing rather than repairing.
- Tow vehicles (Pickup trucks, bigger cars) are easier to get repaired than a motor
home/bus.
- Trailers cost less. So if short on cash, you can buy just the trailer, & pay to have
it moved...a good way to go when infrequent.
- It might not be true for where you live, but here, the taxes & licensing fees are
much lower for a trailer & tow vehicle combination.

Get on some RV forums for your country.
Listen to others, tell them of your plan, & ask questions.
Research is king.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don't think it's right personally, but I think every single government out there wants it's tax money and it absolutely hates people who decide to sever themselves from the system.
Yes, that is true :) But I will do my study finish, then hopefully get a job (maybe from the new home) and I will keep paying tax because if I do stop paying tax, I might happen to get a very different home for some time.....

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If i going for a bus conversion it will be a bus similar to this one :)
That would be enough space for me and my cat :)

bus-front.jpg

syo

I lived in a caravan for a few months and it was a great experience. I had all I needed and nothing of value to hungry humans. I didn't even lock. Days of freedom. I also had the best birthday there. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I highly recommend you look at buying or making a "rocket mass heater stove" for cooking and heating.
I made a rocket stove out of large tin cans for outdoor use and I was amazed that just a handful full of twigs was enough to boil about a 1/2 gallon of water.

27 DIY Rocket Stove Plans to Cook Food or Heat Small Spaces - The Self-Sufficient Living

It's not Rocket Surgery: Choosing an Indoor Mini Woodstove for a Tiny House - Resilience
I will take a look at the links :) Not sure i am allowed to use woodstove in a bus in Norway, but if i can i would try to get one :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I will take a look at the links :) Not sure i am allowed to use woodstove in a bus in Norway, but if i can i would try to get one :)
Be very careful about heating in an RV.
It's a small space, & defects could lead to deadly air quality.
If you have a furnace, get the heat exchanger inspected.
Electric is expensive, but safer & space saving.
If you have a well insulated RV, it could be cost effective.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Be very careful about heating in an RV.
It's a small space, & defects could lead to deadly air quality.
If you have a furnace, get the heat exchanger inspected.
Electric is expensive, but safer & space saving.
If you have a well insulated RV, it could be cost effective.
Solar panel and diesel generator will probably be what i start with, then i will see where it goes after that