• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My letters to Yahweh (Making peace with God)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yahweh,

I am deeply disturbed by your ways. Even the New Testament , which is supposed to be about love and mercy, turning the other cheek, and charity, contains plenty threats of people burning in Hell and wailing and gnashing of teeth for what appears to be eternity.

It also contains talk of God allowing an Antichrist to get into power and violently execute countless good people. Please change your mind Lord, as Scripture makes it very clear that God can change his mind. Let there be no lake of fire for those whose names are not written in the book of life. Let them go to a place where they can experience perfect euphoria and not have to worship anything, or let them cease to exist, or be permanently anesthetized.

Regardless Yahweh. I consider myself a follower of Shinto and child of Amaterasu, Denise Naslund, and the Capitol Hill Queens. But I still wish , hope, and pray, you will bless me and my Religious practices, and that you will help me love you.

I'm sorry that I called you names. I'm just so sickened by what I read in Scripture sometimes and the bigotry I have seen that stir up in Religious people.

Please give us a New Covenant, new prophets, New Religion, and a New Rehabilitated Yahweh. That is my hope and prayer.

I love you Abba, Father, I'm just very sickened by some of your actions and very hurt. That you would watch a child get trafficked and abused by over 20 people a day while someone makes money off of it and not come to that child's aid when he/she cries out to you , makes me very angry.

That you would create so many monsters with such vicious hearts, and not heal them, makes me very angry.

That you would hide yourself from people like you aren't there , causing confusion, division, disbelief, heresy, and religious wars, and evil religious regimes, makes me very angry.

I have many grievances against you Lord. If you don't like abortion, you could stop forming so many unwanted pregnancies in wombs of mother's who don't want children and you could help barren wombs of women who want children, to be fertile.

But anyway, all praise be yours Yahweh! And I hope you will help me as I practice the Dogmaless, Scriptureless, and founderless Religion of Shinto. Please be pleased with the Queens I pray to, anoint them, empower them, make sure they are wise, and help me love them, and you, with all of my heart.

Please don't be a jealous God. Be willing to share your glory with other Deities, especially a Mother Goddess and female divinities.

a0031801-6.jpg

Yours Truly,

Spiderman.

To be continued.....

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Being as Christianity(Bible) is Yahweh's word from one period, and Islam(Qur'an) is his word given sometime after Christianity, have you ever thought of looking at the Baha'i scriptures to see if, maybe he has changed?

I don't know much about the Baha'i faith, but I know its said to be Yahweh's most recent revelation. What does he say in these new books?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Being as Christianity(Bible) is Yahweh's word from one period, and Islam(Qur'an) is his word given sometime after Christianity, have you ever thought of looking at the Baha'i scriptures to see if, maybe he has changed?

I don't know much about the Baha'i faith, but I know its said to be Yahweh's most recent revelation. What does he say in these new books?
I am fond of Baha'i from what little I know.

I will look more into it while at the same time remaining a Shinto adherent.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I will look more into it while at the same time remaining a Shinto adherent.

Absolutely. In my opinion, it seems Shinto is a healthy path for you.

I just thought it might help to read something Yahweh has 'written' lately. I wrote all kinds of yucky stuff when I was younger, but that doesn't necessarily reflect who I am now.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yahweh,

I am deeply disturbed by your ways. Even the New Testament , which is supposed to be about love and mercy, turning the other cheek, and charity, contains plenty threats of people burning in Hell and wailing and gnashing of teeth for what appears to be eternity.

It also contains talk of God allowing an Antichrist to get into power and violently execute countless good people. Please change your mind Lord, as Scripture makes it very clear that God can change his mind. Let there be no lake of fire for those whose names are not written in the book of life. Let them go to a place where they can experience perfect euphoria and not have to worship anything, or let them cease to exist, or be permanently anesthetized.

Regardless Yahweh. I consider myself a follower of Shinto and child of Amaterasu, Denise Naslund, and the Capitol Hill Queens. But I still wish , hope, and pray, you will bless me and my Religious practices, and that you will help me love you.

I'm sorry that I called you names. I'm just so sickened by what I read in Scripture sometimes and the bigotry I have seen that stir up in Religious people.

Please give us a New Covenant, new prophets, New Religion, and a New Rehabilitated Yahweh. That is my hope and prayer.

I love you Abba, Father, I'm just very sickened by some of your actions and very hurt. That you would watch a child get trafficked and abused by over 20 people a day while someone makes money off of it and not come to that child's aid when he/she cries out to you , makes me very angry.

That you would create so many monsters with such vicious hearts, and not heal them, makes me very angry.

That you would hide yourself from people like you aren't there , causing confusion, division, disbelief, heresy, and religious wars, and evil religious regimes, makes me very angry.

I have many grievances against you Lord. If you don't like abortion, you could stop forming so many unwanted pregnancies in wombs of mother's who don't want children and you could help barren wombs of women who want children, to be fertile.

But anyway, all praise be yours Yahweh! And I hope you will help me as I practice the Dogmaless, Scriptureless, and founderless Religion of Shinto. Please be pleased with the Queens I pray to, anoint them, empower them, make sure they are wise, and help me love them, and you, with all of my heart.

Please don't be a jealous God. Be willing to share your glory with other Deities, especially a Mother Goddess and female divinities.

View attachment 55336

Yours Truly,

Spiderman.

To be continued.....
Nice thought.... but I just don't think we can bring our ideas and then say "YHWH bless it". I think His modus-of-operandi is Deut. 28.

From what I gather, His thoughts are higher than our thought and His ways are higher than our ways.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Absolutely. In my opinion, it seems Shinto is a healthy path for you.

I just thought it might help to read something Yahweh has 'written' lately. I wrote all kinds of yucky stuff when I was younger, but that doesn't necessarily reflect who I am now.

The Bahá’í teachings state that there is no such physical place as heaven or hell, and emphasise the eternal journey of the soul towards perfection. They explain that references to “heaven” and “hell” in the Holy Scriptures of other religions are to be understood symbolically, describing states of nearness to and distance from God in this world and in the realms beyond. ‘Abdu’l-Bahá has said that when human beings “become illuminated with the radiance of the sun of reality, and ennobled with all the virtues, they esteem this the greatest reward, and they know it to be the true paradise. In the same way they consider that the spiritual punishment…is to be subjected to the world of nature; to be veiled from God; to be brutal and ignorant; to fall into carnal lusts; to be absorbed in animal frailties; to be characterized with dark qualities…these are the greatest punishments and tortures…

I find that view far more appealing and doesn't go against my conscience, really. I don't like to see God subject people to punishments and tortures period though. I pray he would cease leaving people in darkness and confusion , subject to animal frailties , and the agony that causes.

I still see God as responsible for our blindness, because if he would have given me the graces I prayed for over ten years ago, many of my bad decisions and crimes never would have happened.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Nice thought.... but I just don't think we can bring our ideas and then say "YHWH bless it". I think His modus-of-operandi is Deut. 28.

From what I gather, His thoughts are higher than our thought and His ways are higher than our ways.
His thoughts might be higher than ours.

He is more powerful than us.

But I meet people every day who are more kind and compassionate, who wouldn't watch a person die of hunger or thirst and do nothing, or watch a child get trafficked and abused by over 20 people a day and do nothing. If they could stop it, and had God's ability to stop it, countless people would. Therefore, there are many people who are more charitable and compassionate than God.

That is obvious!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Dear Yahweh,

Please give me the grace to love you. I'm simply too disgusted at this time.

You get so angry that people forget you , or worship other Deities, but then you place heavy burdens on people's backs, you refuse to lift a finger to help countless people in agony, you hide yourself from them so it seems like you aren't there and you don't care, you refuse to be faithful to your word, you cause so many disasters, you leave people little reason to trust in you , and leave so many to feel abandoned by you. How can I tell anyone they can trust in and depend on God?

If you would show that you are a trustworthy friend, that you are compassionate, that you aren't a jealous , wrathful, bitter, angry sadist, more people will love you, and I would dedicate my life to promoting you.

But all praise be yours. I recognize that I am a speck of dust with very limited knowledge, and you are all-knowing creator of trillions of stars and galaxies. But it doesn't take much knowledge to recognize some of your ways , oh Lord (with all due respect) are simply cruel, sadistic, and merciless.

I beg of you to reconsider your ways, and more people will turn to you and love you.

I bless you and pray for you.

Truly yours,
Spiderman!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
His thoughts might be higher than ours.

He is more powerful than us.

But I meet people every day who are more kind and compassionate, who wouldn't watch a person die of hunger or thirst and do nothing, or watch a child get trafficked and abused by over 20 people a day and do nothing. If they could stop it, and had God's ability to stop it, countless people would. Therefore, there are many people who are more charitable and compassionate than God.

That is obvious!
I guess everybody has an opinion. We will find out soon enough when we see Him face to face.... IMV