• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Last Day As Sikh

rsd

ACBSP77
Its about "Project Conversion " by Andrew Bowen of beliefnet.com ,where he tries each faith/religion for one month .He already tried Hinduism ,Islam ,Buddhism ...

Ever know anyone to change their faith? People often do. Some, more than once: raised a Catholic, became a Methodist, finally an aeithies or perhaps a Morman. The point is that dharma is more basic than any single faith because dharma addresses the eternal nature of the soul. Like the taste of salt. The nature, the dharma, of the soul is loving devotional service to God. This is where I pitch my tent.

Onkara

I'm having trouble finding the other journey's blogs.
Hello, do you mean when he went with other religions? I also couldn't find them, I assume he has done others, but they aren't clearly linked.

As Odion says, he looks pretty good with Kesh.

GURSIKH

chardi kla
Ever know anyone to change their faith? People often do. Some, more than once: raised a Catholic, became a Methodist, finally an aeithies or perhaps a Morman. The point is that dharma is more basic than any single faith because dharma addresses the eternal nature of the soul. Like the taste of salt. The nature, the dharma, of the soul is loving devotional service to God. This is where I pitch my tent.

you pitched your tent at most suitable place,congratts :)

Last edited:

GURSIKH

chardi kla
What do you think about his article/experiment, Gursikh ji? Do you have an opinion? :)

After going through his Sikhi related articles i feel his approach is very sincere and informative especially for those who know very little about Sikhi .

Last edited:

nameless

The Creator
Andrew Bowen practiced only saiva school of hinduism; what about other schools? :) He tried hinduism but have not completed it :D .

Marco19

Researcher
yes nameless he did so, but i think he is doing the same with all faiths, just picking a branch. in all cases i think one month is not enough to grasp everything, but sure it's a good chance to built good bases for future.

Actually i'm following him, and from time to time i ask him questions, or add comments, and i've found his way of explaining is better than the real followers of the same faith, i would say more objective :)

what comes to his Sikh month, i still can't understand how he accepted the tradition/custom of wearing objects, i guess this is the most difficult part for me, i really have hard time understanding it (not only in Sikhism, but in all religions).

nameless

The Creator
i think he is doing the same with all faiths, just picking a branch.

i think he is not honest enough in his project, why reject other schools without even trying them?

nb - no debate intended ...

Last edited:

GURSIKH

chardi kla
what comes to his Sikh month, i still can't understand how he accepted the tradition/custom of wearing objects, i guess this is the most difficult part for me, i really have hard time understanding it (not only in Sikhism, but in all religions).

:D:facepalm: its Simple as "Army Uniform "