• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Journey in Brief.

Mahdi

Peace be to all readers and believers,

I have joined this forum when I happened upon some interesting threads through an online search which linked to topics that had been emerging in my consciousness recently, in the lifelong process of each servant of The God in establishing absolute truth.

In the journey before I joined, I have been fortunate to have been able to free myself of the idols that were offered to me as sacred, at an age of twelve when I read for the first time in an English translation of The Koran by Marmaduke Pickthall, the key instruction to 'follow the way of Abraham, he was never of the idolaters'. A phrase which resonated in my mind and continues to do so to this day.

To be free of idolatry I have learned, requires deep introspection and testing of one's own 'belief(s)' and more importantly one's 'belief system' for flaws, as it is the 'system' that is frequently at fault rather than the genuine search for truth itself.

In the time spent here, I intend to explore all of this in more detail by establishing common terms that we may have between us; such as belief in One God as the starting point, and then assessing things for further inquiry from there.

It is my position, that it is possible to reach God-consciousness through pure intellectual inquiry through examination of The Koran (17:36) . Of its exoteric and esoteric meanings (3:7) and how they interact to establish absolute proof of its Truth.

I have personally found tremendous peace in my journey, by searching not for a system, but by focussing the goal on the search for proof; because with the establishment of proof, truth becomes manifest, and the harm of all falsehood is abolished for all believers.

Peace be upon you, and with my prayers for increased knowledge for all of us.

O

Mahdi

Dear TransmutingSoul,

Thank you for your welcome.

The mind and how it appreciates revelation as a phenomenon, or process is certainly something that I wish to explore further in my discussions here.

I am not sure however what you mean by 'above any human mind', since the prophets who are acknowledged to have brought humanity revelation; all of them without exception were human, and just like us. The messages they bring to us must be comprehensible and intelligible to us, so they are clearly not above our minds in terms of comprehension on at least one level. The deeper levels of understanding are dependent on the revelation of Divine Wisdom to unlock The Book.

We must not begin the journey by making sacred cows from the humans who bring the revelations to us. We make no distinctions between the messengers (those that bring proof), as they are all equally the agents for the delivery of messages of truth to us, which I put forward involves a process of emergent knowledge in the consciousness of a human as Divine revelation.

Peace.

Last edited:

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I have joined this forum when I happened upon some interesting threads through an online search which linked to topics that had been emerging in my consciousness recently, in the lifelong process of each servant of The God in establishing absolute truth.

In the journey before I joined, I have been fortunate to have been able to free myself of the idols that were offered to me as sacred, at an age of twelve when I read for the first time in an English translation of The Koran by Marmaduke Pickthall, the key instruction to 'follow the way of Abraham, he was never of the idolaters'. A phrase which resonated in my mind and continues to do so to this day.

To be free of idolatry I have learned, requires deep introspection and testing of one's own 'belief(s)' and more importantly one's 'belief system' for flaws, as it is the 'system' that is frequently at fault rather than the genuine search for truth itself.

In the time spent here, I intend to explore all of this in more detail by establishing common terms that we may have between us; such as belief in One God as the starting point, and then assessing things for further inquiry from there.

It is my position, that it is possible to reach God-consciousness through pure intellectual inquiry through examination of The Koran (17:36) . Of its exoteric and esoteric meanings (3:7) and how they interact to establish absolute proof of its Truth.

I have personally found tremendous peace in my journey, by searching not for a system, but by focussing the goal on the search for proof; because with the establishment of proof, truth becomes manifest, and the harm of all falsehood is abolished for all believers.

O
Welcome.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome, Mahdi.
You'll find your beliefs and motivations challenged here. RF is a good place to sort things out.

Mahdi

Thank you for the welcome Valjean,

'Belief' is a difficult word to pin down and is less than what ought to be ultimately sought by the seeker. And that should not be mere belief but rather certainty.

Most people believe what they do because they can only believe them to be true.

Truth held up as the basis for belief; and only belief as the basis for its truth.

It's a conspicuously circular argument.

For truth to exist there must be more than just belief; there must be proof.

It is only when there is proof, that there is truth. And it is only with that truth, that there can be certainty.

Last edited:

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

Welcome to RF.

There is a saying: "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"
The true meaning being that, thinking I know prevents me from digging deeper to know more.

In quest for truth therefore one must be ready to temporarily sacrifice it's beliefs because beliefs make you think you know and thus prevent you from going further.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you for the welcome Valjean,

'Belief' is a difficult word to pin down and is less than what ought to be ultimately sought by the seeker. And that should not be mere belief but rather certainty.

Most people believe what they do because they can only believe them to be true.

Truth held up as the basis for belief; and only belief as the basis for its truth.

It's a conspicuously circular argument.

For truth to exist there must be more than just belief; there must be proof.

It is only when there is proof, that there is truth. And it is only with that truth, that there can be certainty.
Proof is possible only in maths. Otherwise, the best you can hope for is overwhelming evidence, No?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

O

Welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy your time here and find what you are looking for or an explanation of why you can't.

And enjoy the cake too.

3291372281_d72ef5e24f_b.jpg

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I got another ally potentially!

:)

Things are going to get good.

Welcome.

Mahdi

Dear paradox,

To know that one knows 'nothing', means that one knows something.

The paradoxes of language are the stumbling points for the mind where the linguistic equivalent of the 'quantum ***** cat' lives and dies eternally.

Consider if you will the truth of...

"Nothing comes from no thing"