• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Grandfather Passed Away

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
My Grandfather on my mother's side passed away today, at the age of 76. I don't know what else to say, my grandmother is devastated. He's been having heart problems so this was not out of the blue. Hope his next life treats him well.

Laika

Premium Member
Dam. :(

Sorry to hear that Terese. 76 is a grand old age even though we always want more time.

Look after yourself and your grandmother. all the best.
giphy.gif

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
My Grandfather on my mother's side passed away today, at the age of 76. I don't know what else to say, my grandmother is devastated. He's been having heart problems so this was not out of the blue. Hope his next life treats him well.

All the best wishes to you and your family, @Terese. Especially your grandmother.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Extreme sorry to hear the news, Teresa. 76 is not a very old age. I am 75. Hard on women with nearly 50 years of married life behind them. As Ingledsva says 'think of all the happy memories with him'. Don't weep and ask your grandmother not to weep. Your grandfather would not have liked it. Read the Second Chapter of BhagwadGita.

BG 2.17: Which pervades the entire body you should know that to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable.
.BG 2.20: For it there is neither birth nor death at any time. It has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. It is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. It is not slain when the body is slain.
BG 2.25: It is invisible, inconceivable and immutable. Knowing this, you should not grieve for it.

(A little different from Prabhupada's translation but more exact)
Krishnarpanamastu.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Extreme sorry to hear the news, Teresa. 76 is not a very old age. I am 75. Hard on women with nearly 50 years of married life behind them. As Ingledsva says 'think of all the happy memories with him'. Don't weep and ask your grandmother not to weep. Your grandfather would not have liked it. Read the Second Chapter of BhagwadGita.

BG 2.17: Which pervades the entire body you should know that to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable.
.BG 2.20: For it there is neither birth nor death at any time. It has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. It is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. It is not slain when the body is slain.
BG 2.25: It is invisible, inconceivable and immutable. Knowing this, you should not grieve for it.

(A little different from Prabhupada's translation but more exact)
Krishnarpanamastu.
Thanks Aup, i have not forgotten :)

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I'm sorry for your loss, Terese - may the gods watch over you, your friends and your family. And may they all be the network of support you all need right now

:hugehug:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Be well.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
My Grandfather on my mother's side passed away today, at the age of 76. I don't know what else to say, my grandmother is devastated.
Thank you for sharing this, Terese. May his memory be a blessing.
My sincere condolences to you and your grandmother. L'shalom ...

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

My condolences to you and your grandmother, friend. Sorry for your loss.

*hugs*