• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Goofy Journal Part #574: Date Part Deux

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Wherein I tell the tale of my legendary Date #2 (a thing I do not do often). I will try to make this entertaining (but, it is very rambly because I am drunk asf. Maybe that means entertaining?)

Quick catchup: I met someone through a friend's gaming group a little while ago that I finally met last weekend. It was unclear to me whether it was a date at first (it was!). I haven't done a date #2 in... something like 3 years. Been a big believer in the single life for a bit now. So this was a whole big thing, something that gave me a lot of anxiety in fact over choosing even the possibility of quitting single life. This was something I tried to back out of that all my friends assured me I was a big idiot for trying to do so, and since I trust them, I did it (and I'm glad I stuck with it).

So! About her, while respecting her privacy. She's a gamer (seeing as I met her through a board game group and everything), which is fun, because I like games. She's a biologist (she does genetic stuff with zebrafish: now I am but a mere physicist and know jack and **** about biology other than my undergrad classes, but she is studying some specific genes that have something to do with lateral line development with some kind of neural thingies in zebrafish and what impact particular genes have on this).

She lights up like a Christmas tree when she's talking about a subject she loves (it's so cute). She has tells when she bluffs (and I can't tell you exactly what it is but it's just something about the faces she makes, equally cute!). She's a good dancer, and she takes the lead (this pleases me because I'm a big ol' dunce). She wears glasses and totally has the sexy librarian thing going on (glasses which I can absolutely steal, which improve my vision, which tells me I should probably see an optometrist. Whoopsy daisy).

So, on our first date, I wore stripes; I had this whole pin-up vibe going on. (I very much have the opinion that you can take me or leave me if I do something fun: she apparently decided to take me on date 1). Date 2, I had no idea what to do. My room is still trashed. I have a big walk-in closet full of approximately 6,283 hangers, with about 1/5 of those being multipurpose hangers holding belts, purses, scarves, I had a bandana thing going on for a while, whatever: it's a nightmare for me to move anywhere. Half of my closet is still on my floor still. I am a very silly person and I swap out a few different outfits and ideas for hair every time I'm going out somewhere (someone has pointed out this habit spread to my avatars, which is fair).

I ultimately settled on a boring v-neck gray blouse because I overthink things and I'm like "ok I was spunky on the first date, I'll show I can be normal too." But the point is, my room is still utterly destroyed right now.

So my day starts with me trying to shave my legs. I have one razor worth a damn left, and I find what looks like men's beard hairs in the razors (I live with two men). So that's "fun," and a roommate conversation that needs to happen. But I also burn myself on my hair straightener, and because I went on this float trip a couple of weeks ago, I've got skin peeling on my shins, so of course I obsess and freak out over this.

I feel like this is boring so I'm going to skip ahead. We go out to a speakeasy bar, which is a really cool place that is founded in a location that actually used to be a speakeasy. It's in a basement, they display a red light if you can't enter, a green light if you can. We had the green light to get in right away, which is good, because I was nervous about having to sit outside the door stone cold sober. (Did you know that I'm kinda shy in real life?)

[GALLERY=media, 9550]Dkghsuidh by Meow Mix posted Aug 2, 2021 at 12:53 AM[/GALLERY]

So, we have a good time at the speakeasy (this was taken in one of the hallways, removed any identifying stuff because I'm not a jerk). It's the perfect environment to hang out because they have all this old antique furniture you can sit on, and I'm able to hear her very well, if I absolutely have to it's quiet enough that she can hear me if it's more convenient to try speaking (most of you already know this but for those that don't, I am aphonic from a nerve injury; on very good days the most I can muster for a voice is a hoarse whisper). I couldn't do this at a regular bar because of the loud music, and I'm comfortable doing this because, well, she already knows so again, take me or leave me sort of thing. (I am very self-conscious about this, and I usually choose not to speak at all over croaking/whispering. It isn't pretty).

When it came time to leave, we go to her place. I forget to warn my roommates I'm not coming home (important in a paragraph or two). We joke about playing cards, and somebody (definitely not me, ok it might have been me) jokes that we should play strip poker.

So we play strip poker using Magic: The Gathering life counter dice as additional chips that we could use in lieu of betting clothes. We'll just say both of us lost, and fast forward to the morning.

I wake up in the most comfortable bed with the most comfortable comforter I've ever experienced in the history of all time. M's already awake and elsewhere in the apartment, I hear a TV on. (I'm a night worker so every weekend I am playing catch-up on "normal people hours," I will still go to bed late and wake up late).

Now, I live with 2 roommates that are men: I usually have to keep track of what I'm wearing when I wander around the house. So, I wake up in this strange bed (I don't usually sleep away from home; usually I'm bringing people home for the safety of having said 2 roommates with my voice disability). It's comfortable, the room is very aesthetically pretty (very white-themed, which I enjoy), there's sun shining in, there's this super nice fabric on this comforter on my naked skin. And then I realize that I don't know if she has roommates or not (never came up), and I'm buck *** naked, and my clothes are in the living room!

So I'm struggling to wake up. I have 22 messages on my phone (my roommates noticed I never came home, other friends too. My friends are very protective of me because of my voice disability, some of which is at my behest, because, you know, it's kind of hard to cry out for help when you literally can't). Some of them are asking me if I'm ok, but then a bunch of them are when people put 2 and 2 together and they're all lovingly implying I'm just so promiscuous in endearing ways (I love my friends, we harp on each other like this and it's all in good fun. So you can imagine what these texts looked like. It was also widely known this was date 2 which is unusual for me at this point so quite a bit of teasing about that too).

I take the comforter with me (so soft!) to the living room to fetch my clothes. M is fast asleep on the couch, wakes up as I'm pulling on my clothes because she has a dog that jumps off of her to come greet me. She makes omelettes (oh my god!!! gruyere with diced ham, onions, mushrooms, this was heaven) and I finally leave to the inevitable ridicule by my roommates for walking in with obvious bed hair of shame.

That was my date 2. I am pretty sure there's going to be a date 3 based on the intensity of the kiss out the door.

So I guess you can say that things are going pretty well in Erin land. I hope this little journal was entertaining and not just droning on about silly things. Perhaps it's both.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Holy crap I'm still drunk asf but even on a single reread to check for spelling errors (none! Ha! Eat it!) I can tell that is some meandering BS. Hopefully you enjoyed.

Love,
Erin

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Also fun fact, some of the waviness in the censorship comes from a cat that just HAS to pet himself against my hand as I'm moving the mouse. Does this make him an artist? I think it does.