• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My God! My God! Why Have You Forsaken Me!"

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
I believe it is a quote:
Ps 22:1 «For the Chief Musician; set to Aijeleth hash-Shahar. A Psalm of David.» My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my groaning?
I believe He was telling the Pharisees that they were fulfilling prophecy and the rest of the Psalm makes that clear.

I believe not.

I believe it was not His perception because He knew exactly what He was doing.

John 3: 4 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up;
15 that whosoever believeth may in him have eternal life.

So what if it's a quote of Psalm 22. The question still stands. In fact, Jesus gave it more impact.

12jtartar

Premium Member
To me Jesus was both God and Man in one. In order to lift humanity, he had to experience life as a man would while simultaneously experiencing himself as God. By saying what he did, he was speaking as a man who was being unjustly crucified.

sun rise,
Jesus was called god several times in the Bible, but he was not The One True God, mentioned in the Bible, John 17:3. At Isaiah 9:6, Jesus was even called a Mighty god. The Hebrew words show a definite distinction between Jesus and his Father, Jesus was called El Gabbohr, The Almighty God Is El Shaddai.
Remember, Jesus came to earth to do several things to save all mankind that would listen to him. One important thing was to give his life for all who would Believe in and trust him. It seems, Jesus died so that we could receive again, what Adam and Eve lost for us, his offspring, Perfect Life in a paradise earth. This meant that Jesus was called a Ransom Sacrifice, because he was equal to the Perfect man Adam, but while on earth Jesus was a man and not a god, 1Timothy 2:3-6, Hebrews 2:9, 1Corinthians 15:20,21, 45-47.