• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My God is best! Your God is false

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
What is the point of saying something like that? different religions understand the same concious force/spirit/god in different ways.

in reality, all religions speak of the same higher power/spirit/force behind the universe. But the different religions understand and perceive the higher power in different ways. This is my belief.

spread love and peace. we should accept each other

Lain

What is the point of saying something like that? different religions understand the same concious force/spirit/God in different ways.

in reality, all religions speak of the same higher power/spirit/force behind the universe. But the different religions understand and perceive the higher power in different ways. This is my belief.

I say it because it's fundamental to my religion to say it, and I think it's true. Although I don't exactly say that thing about "false" in the sense of non-being (although I say it in the sense of not being the One True God, that is, the source of all power and authority in Himself, they derive it, He has it intrinsically). I think other deities exist and there are more of them than the amount of humans who have ever existed. It is simply that I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who created all things, including the other gods.

As it says in the Psalms, "the Lord is a great God and a great King over all gods," and "the Lord is great and greatly to be praised. He is to be feared, beyond all gods. For all the gods of the Gentiles are demons, but the Lord made the heavens," and "you are the Most High Lord over all the earth. You are greatly exalted above all gods." Many other passages are similar, this theme is repeated throughout the Scriptures.

I deny that we all speak of the same reality consciously ("you worship what you don't know but we what we do know"), and instead confess that "He announces his word to Jacob, his justices and his judgments to Israel. He has not done so for every nation, and he has not made his judgments manifest to them. Alleluia!"

I likewise deny that in the proper sense there are many religions, since religion is a virtue which denotes a proper relationship to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and this is only one virtue, not many.

Spreading God's love and God's peace, amen. Accepting others as creatures of God and being just and merciful and loving to them as the Lord says (and in the way the Lord says), amen.

Such is my belief.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Exactly.
I find it so wrong to universalize the notion of God. It is impossible.
We are all different, so every culture has the right to preserve its own uniqueness and peculiarities.

Suave

Simulated character
What is the point of saying something like that? different religions understand the same concious force/spirit/god in different ways.

According to my religion of Christian Matrixism, founded by yours truly, God is the controller of simulations, a reality based virtual world programmer of human consciousness. Hence, It's not necessarily lights out and game over when ionic currents cease flowing across the minds of the simulator's/God's favorite characters who might very well be reanimated to life in a virtual paradise world by God. There could be no God better than this! Right?

God is life's Creator. Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared = 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

The “Wow! signal” of the terrestrial genetic code
  • May 2013
  • Icarus 224(1):228–242
DOI:10.1016/j.icarus.2013.02.017
Authors:

Vladimir Shcherbak
Maxim Makukov

The mathematical pattern of the number 37 being used as a key factor for conveying an Egyptian triangle might be related to the gematria value of 37 appearing in the Hebrew language of Genesis 1:1.

You shall have no gods before the creator of the heavens and earth, life's creator!

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

There are five indications of us living in a simulation:

1. Crude simulations and virtual realities have already been simulated by computers .
A study conducted by Henry Markram and his team at the Blue Brain project have successfully simulated elements of a rat’s neocortical column, a complex layer of brain tissue common to all mammalian species. " Henry Markram at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne and his team built their model based on experimental measurements of rat brain slices. The simulation represents roughly 37 million synapses, or neuronal connections, in the brain region that receives sensory information from the whiskers and other parts of the body. Using the model, the team simulated rat whisker movement and saw similar neuronal responses to those observed in rat experiments."

Computer model of rat-brain part - Nature.

I realize a computer simulation of a rat's neocortical column is nowhere near the complexity of a computer simulation of an entire living human brain, but this does demonstrate at least a bit of progress so far being made towards an entire human brain's consciousness being simulated by a computer.

Perhaps when scientists have figured out how to read the actual results of a consciousness simulation, then the simulation hypothesis will become a widely accepted theory.

2. Wave-function collapse - Matter exists as a probability wave that collapses to a particle upon observation. Wave-function collapse would be expected in a simulated reality, because computational resources would be conserved by only simulating observed matter.

3. Matrix glitches - Paranormal phenomenon might happen in a simulation where the rules governing the simulation are disrupted or changed

4 Compromises in simulation algorithms - The human mind and the internet use very similar algorithms or methods to manage the flow of information., these methods often take short cuts to conserve energy or conserve computational resources, this might be expected in a computer simulation.

Study: Internet, Human Brain Use Similar Algorithms to Process Info

5. Computer code found in string theory.

Last edited:

lukethethird

unknown member
My God is best! Your God is false
If 'your God is false' is to be taken to mean that my God is a fictitious character from The Bible, then I can only agree.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Meh......my God ain't around but the supervisor, (Mother Nature) is, and oh-boy but can she ever be a •••••!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Seems a necessity for monotheistic beliefs.
If there is only one God then all other Gods have to be false.
At best they can be tolerant of your ignorance hoping that someday you will see the light.

Seems obvious to me with all of the differences of belief no one actually knows anything about God but some are very insistent on their facts.

PureX

Veteran Member

I just take it like this: your God IS best (for you). My God IS false (to you). So be it. I have no reason to debate it. Nor any reason to be insulted by it.

74x12

Well that's whole the point of religious debate forums I think. I mean we can respectfully debate religion. Doesn't have to be taken personal. People want to know the truth right? So there can't be two contradictory truths.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Not all religions. Just need to correct that.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

Yes, the Founders of these religions present God and religious concepts in different ways according to the understanding of the culture and time.

Truthseeker

I say it because it's fundamental to my religion to say it, and I think it's true. Although I don't exactly say that thing about "false" in the sense of non-being (although I say it in the sense of not being the One True God, that is, the source of all power and authority in Himself, they derive it, He has it intrinsically). I think other deities exist and there are more of them than the amount of humans who have ever existed. It is simply that I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who created all things, including the other gods.

As it says in the Psalms, "the Lord is a great God and a great King over all gods," and "the Lord is great and greatly to be praised. He is to be feared, beyond all gods. For all the gods of the Gentiles are demons, but the Lord made the heavens," and "you are the Most High Lord over all the earth. You are greatly exalted above all gods." Many other passages are similar, this theme is repeated throughout the Scriptures.
Why do you think these passages are revealed by God? On the other, they may be revealed by God, but gods are other things we worship besides God, not gods as in Greek-like gods. Hard to tell myself.

In my belief, there is only one God.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
We were taught as humans O one planet fused. One heavens. Holy water baptised life and body.

Two parents first owned the same human DNA.

One God.

As water oxygen mass was the same heavens.

Then science introduced nuclear temple pyramid science.

Earth released UFO radiation out of the ground in every nation. Fallout varied above us.

DNA became separated irradiated. Heavy metal changed our brain mind. Hearing changed language changed. We became confused.

Religious belief became a national nation defined teaching first. Then it was shared advice. Compared human advice. Human experience

As no man actually owns the land. We just live on it surviving was our family truth.

We were all taught this teaching.

Yet a lot of humans ignore the relevance of a national religious DNA teaching was first.

In America it would be native Indian spirituality

In England Roman Catholic enforced onto pre pagan spirituality first.

Italy introduced Catholic term. Other countries owned their versions.

Yet the base theme is earth. Science if man thesis. Men doing wrong in science. Changed human brain mind body causes.

Truthseeker

I just take it like this: your God IS best (for you). My God IS false (to you). So be it. I have no reason to debate it. Nor any reason to be insulted by it.
Why do you think there are different Gods? Or do you think so? I think in reality you see the way I do, that there are different conceptions of God, but they are all wrong. God is beyond any conception.

Lain

Why do you think these passages are revealed by God? On the other, they may be revealed by God, but gods are other things we worship besides God, not gods as in Greek-like gods. Hard to tell myself.

In my belief, there is only one God.

I believe them to be revealed by God due to experience praying the Psalter, the testimony of the Church, and ultimately the teaching of the Lord Jesus on the Psalter.

I believe in the Father's Monarchy, the Trinity, and as such passages teach and elsewhere is taught in there being many beings called gods, including spirits incorporeal and subtle, the Saints who will condemn unrighteous spirits, and disembodied spirits such as dead humans. The term "god" to me is less a name for a nature and more like a verb. "Godhead" or "divinity" is significant of nature and not operation.

Yet though there are many gods and many lords adoration is paid to One, to adore anyone or anything else is idolatry to me.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe you are incorrect. Odin was a god but he was not God.