• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My First Book of Poetry Will Soon be Published.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I will be self-publishing a nice little collection of poems in about three or four weeks. The core topic is Intimacy. Poems range in size from very short to just under 1000 words (about a four minute read) with most of the poems are on the shorter side.

A few of the poems are reprints of the best of the best of my poetry, but most of the poems are new. If you are interested in further information about the book, please feel free to PM me. I will be unable to respond quickly, but I will get back to you before the book is published.

I am guessing there will not be too many people who are blown away by the book, nor will there be too many people who are disappointed by it.

Here is one of the shorter poems you will find in the book.

"Arsonist"

Love gets all the credit,
But intimacy does most of the work.

Love has the press release,
“Breaking! There’s Been a Fire!”,

But in the night, behind the scenes,
Intimacy had the matches.

Laika

Premium Member
I will be self-publishing a nice little collection of poems in about three or four weeks. The core topic is Intimacy. Poems range in size from very short to just under 1000 words (about a four minute read) with most of the poems are on the shorter side.

A few of the poems are reprints of the best of the best of my poetry, but most of the poems are new. If you are interested in further information about the book, please feel free to PM me. I will be unable to respond quickly, but I will get back to you before the book is published.

"Arsonist"

Congrats Sunstone! This is very nice to see. :)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

I am guessing there will not be too many people who are blown away by the book, nor will there be too many people who are disappointed by it.

"Arsonist"

Somewhere there is a beatnik poet ( aka me ) snapping his fingers in gratitude...

Snapping fingers Reference: ( link )

upload_2019-12-20_12-34-13.jpeg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

"Arsonist"

Good luck

May the goddess Anoia and god Bilious smile on your venture, or should that be adventure?

Edit : and of course the lady.

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
"Arsonist"

Very impressed at the level of articulation, and thinking behind that piece, would really consider reading the rest after hearing that, as it is very clever.

In my opinion. :innocent:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Congratulation on you publication. Let us know the details

I just submitted poetry to an International journal. I will let you know If it is accepted.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
No title (doesn't deserve one)

There once was a lamentable poet,
Though most certainly he did know it,
His attempt at rhyme, whilst passing the time,
Was neither worthy nor good to ever show it (but he did anyway). :oops:

(about me unfortunately - wish I had such talent) :(

Congratulations Sunstone.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
At pretty much the last minute, I decided to submit the manuscript to a professional editor. She won't have it back to me until January 17th. So the schedule is now for the book to become available as soon as possible after the 17th of January.

Thank you everyone who has PMed me about it. I will let you know when it comes out.

Here's another poem from the book. Please recall the core theme of the book is intimacy. Like most of the poems in the book, this one is "based on a true story".

"One Has Been Like the Mountains"

Renee once camped alone in the Wet Mountains
For a month, maybe longer.
She expected to be gone ten days
But up in the wilderness,
There was no pressure to be anyone but Renee.
She began finding herself,
Did not want to come back.

As the nights and days went by,
Renee’s city-shocked senses came out of their shells.
She began to notice
Things she had not noticed before.
People speak of the quiet mountains
But for Renee, the mountains came alive.

In the end, Renee had to come back.
The evening streetlights as she approached the city
Flaunted themselves like garish prostitutes,
The gaudy odors of the angry cars
Slammed her nostrils,
The senseless banging and meaningless roars
Disoriented her.

Renee went for a few days
Before she was desensitized again,
Before her senses had retreated
Into shocked numbness,
Before she was once again a well-adjusted