• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My favorite prayer that I miss: The Rosary

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't think the Koran should ever be used to set laws because there is content in the Quran that leads to very misogynistic laws that are extremely unfair to women.

Deidre

I don't think the Koran should ever be used to set laws because there is content in the Quran that leads to very misogynistic laws that are extremely unfair to women.

That thread runs through all of the Abrahamic faiths, I'm afraid. Even in the NT, women still weren't 'equal' to men, except in Jesus' eyes. When he died, things went back to business as usual. And this is why the RCC still doesn't permit women to be priests and lead masses.

Not cracking on the RCC, but I'm merely pointing out that women in different religions are still not treated equal to men in status, largely because of Genesis, me thinks. In the United States, we have laws that protect all people from discrimination and we don't govern using religion. (well Christianity served as the backdrop for a while) But, if we go to the middle east, not all areas there use Sharia law to govern as strictly as some other regions. And the terrorist groups have made their mission about oppression, killing and conquering claiming this is what Islam is essentially about. And it's not. Ah, it is complex, for sure.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In Arab countries women are treated terribly. In Europe, Australia,America, and Canada, women are treated far far better on average.

It would be a nightmare for you to live in any Arab country.

If you want sources I can give you plenty next time I make

Deidre

In Arab countries women are treated terribly. In Europe, Australia,America, and Canada, women are treated far far better on average.

It would be a nightmare for you to live in any Arab country.

If you want sources I can give you plenty next time I make

No, I know. lol I do know.
In other countries though, they are not governing using religion, any religion. The entire culture and worldview of how to view religion and the practice of religions, is vastly different than the U.S. It was by the luck of the draw that I was born in America, and while the US has mega problems on different scales, I have freedom. The freedom to choose. Which is what that says next to religion in Arabic by my username. ''Freedom to choose.'' :)

I wouldn't want to be coerced to following any religion, for what good is it then?

Deidre

I removed the link I had posted earlier, as it is an anti-Islam site, and the one page I viewed didn't appear that way, but I didn't click the homepage. Once I did, I saw it is anti-Islam.

Last edited: