• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My fantasy of God's heaven.

JJ50

So there are no sandy beaches for the good and holy when they die? No regal black dogs? No boats? No tan, slender attractive young lovers? Just halo-clad winged angels picking harps?

How awful.:eek: I much prefer the idea of never existing again once I kick the bucket in this life

Neutral Name

A radio Catholic priest the other day mentioned that he had envisioned heaven as a giant electric train set when he was a little boy.

As a man age 55, here is heaven pictured in my mind as follows:

There must be a beautiful tropical sandy
warm, sunny, clean beach in God's heaven with date palms, crystal-clear warm water and gorgeous, young slender love partners with nice tans. There must be cotton-candy clouds in the heavenly blue skies. There must be a nice gleaming white fishing boat on the gentle blue waves with a regal black German shepherd on board to observe over the pulpit for flying fish all in His Kingdom.

This would be a true heaven to die in the flesh for and be in this sandy salty paradise forever.

I think that it is whatever you would like it to be. You decide if it is a sandy beach or the mountains of Alaska. You can create whatever you would like it to be. Why do I think this? Because I already have the beginning of that here. I pray and things change. God acts in my life. So, I get to experience some of Heaven right now. Heaven becomes whatever I think is good.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
So there are no sandy beaches for the good and holy when they die? No regal black dogs? No boats? No tan, slender attractive young lovers? Just halo-clad winged angels picking harps?
Jonathan, what is the (Bible) Resurrection? And when does it happen?

It is when the dead “come back to life. (John 5:28-29)” That’s what resurrection means. And Jesus said it will happen “in the Last Day”, for all the dead. John 6:44; Acts of the Apostles 24:15

This is no immediate afterlife...if the dead were ‘living in another realm’, as many believe, there’d be no need for the Resurrection.

So the dead are as described @ Genesis 3:19; Psalms 146:3-4; Ecclesiastes 3:19-20; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14.

When Jesus does resurrect the dead, He will be ruling the Earth by then...conditions will be vastly improved from what they are now! Revelation 21:3-4

Beaches, sun, and palm trees! And Earthwide peace!

JJ50

Jonathan, what is the (Bible) Resurrection? And when does it happen?

It is when the dead “come back to life. (John 5:28-29)” That’s what resurrection means. And Jesus said it will happen “in the Last Day”, for all the dead. John 6:44; Acts of the Apostles 24:15

This is no immediate afterlife...if the dead were ‘living in another realm’, as many believe, there’d be no need for the Resurrection.

So the dead are as described @ Genesis 3:19; Psalms 146:3-4; Ecclesiastes 3:19-20; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14.

When Jesus does resurrect the dead, He will be ruling the Earth by then...conditions will be vastly improved from what they are now! Revelation 21:3-4

Beaches, sun, and palm trees! And Earthwide peace!
What an imagination you have.:D