• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Ecstacy

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
2 days ago i had been praying to god. and i had been praying a lot for months. i had been praying for me to become i tune with him again, seeing as i have deviated from the path. i had been praying very hard about this.

as i was praying at my bedside, i had what i thought was originally a haluccination from some new medication i was on. My bed, along with everything around me, seemed to warp itself and move around my vision. I thought that I was disociating, because i started to loose my sense of my being in space or on land or whereever.

At that point i had been prayng to have some sort of gnosis, to exit the reality which wasnt real. as i was praying this, my voice seemed to calm, and slowley drift away, as i felt surrounded by calming darkness.

i snapped out of it and thought i was hallucinating. though it turns out this medicine has no such side effect. i also was fine and was not sleep deprived or anxious.

i had figured that i might have received something from god, reassuring me that it was with me.

though i conldt be sure because i managed recreate the experience slightly afterwards, just by concentration. but this time i didnt get the blackout sense i had.

i always believe that even thgough the mind has spiritual qualities and create experiences, god uses these parts of the mind to influence us.

any comments.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'll offer advice this once, but I won't argue it, R.

It is best to draw no conclusions about such an experience, but if you must, then be very careful about arriving at any conclusions. Subject them to stringent analysis and logic. Try to remember the experience exactly as it occured, rather than interpret it, to the extent that's possible. Such experiences change us: We do not need to intellectualize them, comment on them, or do anything about them. They just are.

Also, talk with your psychiatrist about it.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I have had somewhat similar situations, and even stranger ones. I have had out of body experiences, once I was sitting with eyes wide open, and the people I was with could not get me to respond to anything they did to me, they said I didn't even blink for over an hour.

There was another time that a friend of mine called me and said she tried to kill herself the night before by taking a whole lot of pills, and it was a lot of pills, but she never even passed out. She said she had hot flashes for about 8 hours, then threw up her guts. Anyway, I went to pick her up to spend the day with her. She said she was feeling nothing, an empty 'nothin' feeling that she had never felt before. So I said a prayer for her, and asked the Lord to fill her emptiness. Well, I turned on the radio in may car and there was a preacher speaking in tongues, we found it interesting so kept it on that station. To make a long story short, the preacher started talking to us over my car radio. He said "I see two women, in a car, in Florida. There is a sick baby in the car as well" (my daughter was in the back seat with cold). He went on to say that one of the women was a preacher, and the other was lost. The lost one tried to kill herself. I'm here to tell you sister, that the worse is over, rejoice in the Lord, because he has heard your prayer." . . . He kept going on and on about it, we had to pull over the car because we were both shaking so hard.

A couple of days later, we decided we would listen to the preacher again. This time we were at my house, I turned on the little portable radio, and we heard the same exact thing that we did in the car, as if it was a recorded sermon, but that radio was not getting very good reception, so I tuned into the station on my computer. My computer radio was not playing the same sermon as my little radio. It was like God was sending our message to us again, but only on my little radio.

The whole experience was just uncanny . . . . . So if you think God doesn't use modern technology, you are mistaken.

Orleander

ΩRôghênΩ said:
... slowley drift away, as i felt surrounded by calming darkness..

Looking back at it, the darkness doesn't worry you? I just thought you were more of a light person. Could you have been passing out?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
LR, this seems to be something to be concerned about. Like Sunstone, I won't argue with you, but I think that it's not healthy for your body, mind, goddess, or whomever to be dissasociating you from this reality. This reality is real, as are many others, but anything that's trying to convince you otherwise doesn't seem to have your best interests at heart.

Please talk this over with your doctors.

Krie

i think that you opened your mind to that point so that you knew that you wanted something and you closely obtained it but never be afraid of the thins you can accomplish.