• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My dog might be religious...

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I think my dog Rissa is a Buddhist...My foster parent thinks she's a Christian but I'm telling you she might be a Buddhist...She just sits there...Meditating. And meditating. However I can't be certain because we aren't speaking-shes too quiet-so she won't tell me if she follows the Eightfold path..Then again maybe not she did destroy my stuff animal...What do y'all think I should do? Should I ask her?How can I tell?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think my dog Rissa is a Buddhist...My foster parent thinks she's a Christian but I'm telling you she might be a Buddhist...She just sits there...Meditating. And meditating. However I can't be certain because we aren't speaking-shes too quiet-so she won't tell me if she follows the Eightfold path..Then again maybe not she did destroy my stuff animal...What do y'all think I should do? Should I ask her?How can I tell?
When she is protesting does she try to light herself on fire?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Dogs are not tied down to one religion because they consider human religions silly. There are various attempts to write Canine 10 commandments and they are a kaleidoscopic but true partial vision. Here's two examples:

61582d1366720264-10-canine-commandments-dog-rules.png

and

zmJFRjW.jpg

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Dogs are not tied down to one religion because they consider human religions silly. There are various attempts to write Canine 10 commandments and they are a kaleidoscopic but true partial vision. Here's two examples:

61582d1366720264-10-canine-commandments-dog-rules.png

and

zmJFRjW.jpg
Dogs are very wise.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

9 and 10 are great points. Anyone buying a puppy should realise they are signing on for those. We're on our third dog, and he's reaching the point where 9 is a real factor, and having been through 10, it's definitely the tough part about owning a dog.
But ultimately sharing any living creatures life includes those aspects, else you're not truly sharing lives.