• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My deadpan poem

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Poem name: Remember to rest
By: KAT

Life goes fast. Life breaks you to pieces. You continue to run. You run and run. And follow through. You work and work. You push forward. Soon you can't stop. You go too fast for the brakes to stop. Flying off the road. You regain control. You stop to think. You go home. You lie in bed. You turn on music. You close your eyes. You're awake. But you lose yourself. Sometimes you just have to let the body repair itself. You lose control yet again. But this time, it's to sleep. Deep sleep. You wake up. Tis a new day. You stretch at the sight of the morning light. You try with all your might. But you can't start the day. You flop back down. On your side. You can't sleep, mind wide open. You close your eyes. You're wide awake. You realize you took life too fast. Slow down. You could have wrecked and had half your body replaced with robotic parts, for goodness sake.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Name: Eyes are always bright in the darkness

This girl. She has an okay personality. She wears thick glasses. She wants to kiss me.

Dreams. I wake up. I rub the sleep from my eyes. Why do I dream about average looking women? Why not supermodels? Why do I dream about women at all?

I hear night life outside the window.

Tap tap.

The sound of the water.

Tap. Blop.

Tap tap.

Water dripping.

The water sounds thick. Thick droplets of water. Blood is thicker than water. But water still makes sound.

Tap tap.

I get up. Off into a swirling vortex of darkness. To turn off the faucet.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see eyes. They glow. Must be a girl who used to live in this house. But later died.

Tap tap.

Meow.

When did I get a cat?

My room mate is pure evil.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Name: The wonderful boss

My boss ruined my life.

He gave me a job, when no one else would.
He stuck up for me in the hiring process, even in the face of a skeptical HR.
I asked for $8 per hour. He gave me 10.
Every once in awhile, the boss checked to see how I was doing. I was told I was doing a great job. I was given raises, and my benefits were expanded.

Guy was sleeping with my guy.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Name: Not a mind reader

Sometimes it's impossible to guess another's thoughts. I tried to make a guy laugh. Now my face is stuffed with marshmallows. He doesn't seem amused. I chew. And chew. And chew. My jaw feels like it's about to break. The puffiness of my cheeks soon disappears.

I have no idea what to say. I figure anything is better than silence. I say, "This next round, you're feeding me the marshmallows."

My date nods. The veins in his forehead tense. Then he lightens up. "I thought you'd never ask," he says.

Hopefully I win this next conversation after I finish the bag.