• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Daughters Teacher

linwood

truthseekingsoul said:
It seems your daughter must a bit of art lover herself then Linwood if she remembered that painting well enough to seek it out.
She is Truth.

She paints with me in my studio on her little "weasel" (easel).
She can`t wait until she hits 5 because thats when she`ll be good enough to use the "big paper" (canvas).

What did Picasso say?
Something along the lines of..
"We are all born artists, some of us just lose our way in life."

Something to that effect.

Thank you for the Kudos Kreeden.
:)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Thank you for the update, Linwood! She does indeed sound like an interesting person!
Two weeks ago we were in a bookstore looking through the kids books and came across a Bible stories book, she asked what it was because she liked the picture of Noahs Ark on the front.
I told her it was a book of stories about God.
She said "God`s not real."
I told her he might be and we just don`t know.
All of a sudden I (an atheist) was arguing for the possibilty of a deity to my child.
Not in a million years would I have believed I would be doing this in a public bookstore 5 years earlier...it`s crazy.
[
/QUOTE]

I think it's a beautiful thing, and that you are being a great parent. What I aspire to would be to raise a child to be open to all options and to respect the opinions of everyone, which is what it seems like you're doing. I can see where it might be worrisome, but (at least from an outsiders point of view) it appears that you are growing as a person, if you are willing to do something that you might not have been 5 years ago.