• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My dad said if you look at two passages of the bible it looks God is the cause of all our problems.:

Frank Goad

He said it LOOKS like it but it's NOT.And Some of my friends say it DOES!:(What do you think?From these two passages?: Revelation 19:6 and Isaiah 45:7. I agree with my dad.:) If you click on the bible verses over and over.It translates them for you.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I believe that God exists and created everything. That includes both the problems and the remedies. The verse from Isaiah seems to support this. Not sure about revelations.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
He said it LOOKS like it but it's NOT.And Some of my friends say it DOES!:(What do you think?From these two passages?: Revelation 19:6 and Isaiah 45:7. I agree with my dad.:) If you click on the bible verses over and over.It translates them for you.
Hey Frank, hope you’re well!

I see nothing in Rev. 19:6, that would indicate God is behind all problems. “Omnipotent” doesn’t mean that...it means “all powerful.”
Though I see how someone could think Isaiah 45 says that...but then, they’re putting a past-tense to the word. It doesn’t use past-tense, does it? Isaiah does not quote Jehovah as saying, ‘I created evil’, does it?

Nope.

So how did Isaiah mean this? Look at what / who Isaiah was writing about...it was addressed to King Cyrus the Mede (before he was even born), who would grow up and overthrow the kingdom / king of Babylon.

Short story is this: Jehovah certainly can “create evilfor His enemies! Babylon suffered defeat at the hands of Cyrus the Great. If you read Isaiah 47 especially vs.11, you’ll see the evil God spoke of applies to Babylon.

(Remember, if someone wants to find fault w/ the Bible, it’s written in a way that will allow them to do just that! Hebrews 4:12 tells us that God’s Word reveals ‘intentions & thoughts of the heart.’ the heart represents Our innermost feelings about things.)

Take care, my cousin.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
People will interpret various bible verses as suites their own beliefs. I see plenty in the OT that explains much of the hatred and hardship in the world. Other people see such passages as necessary or even good.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

If you believe in God as an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present Creator, then EVERYTHING that happens is because he wills it to.
The concept doesn't make sense to me, but if that's the God you believe in then by definition that is the case.

Judging such a being is somewhat superfluous.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
From THE CREATION OF DARKNESS AND EVIL (ISAIAH 45:6C-7) by Tina Dykesteen Nilsen

Isaiah 40-55 is addressed to the exiles in Babylon, and its purpose is to reassure the audience of Yhwh's supremacy and thereby Yhwh's power to end the exile. This is expressed both through a presentation of Yhwh as the master of creation and of history, and through polemic against the Babylonian gods. Isaiah 45:6c-7, which forms the end of the Cyrus Oracle, must be seen against this background.

The method of analysing the words אור and שלום, השך and רע, whether in pairs or individually, shows that Second Isaiah with few exceptions employs these words to speak about historical-political events; this usage is also found in other biblical texts. More specifically, these words often appear in the context of the exile and its end. This is the case even if השך refers to chaos, as elsewhere in Second Isaiah Yhwh's power over chaos is an image of the exodus from Egypt and the new exodus from Babylon. This interpretation of the words is supported by Second Isaiah's use of creational vocabulary to convey the historical (re-)creation of the people in the context of redemption.

Verses 6c and 7c emphasise that it is Yhwh, and no one else, who is behind אור and שלום, השך and רע. This forms part of the polemic; the exile does not mean that victory has gone to the Babylonian gods, as many would have believed. On the contrary, the exile is a fulfilment of Yhwh's declarations of old, and thus a proof of Yhwh's divinity.

Thus the purpose of vv. 6c-7 is to show that since Yhwh is the only one who creates the exile, Yhwh is also the only one who has the power to end it. Because Yhwh creates darkness and evil, the exiles can be sure that Yhwh also makes light and peace.​

He said it LOOKS like it but it's NOT.And Some of my friends say it DOES!:(What do you think?From these two passages?: ...

I heard something like the voice of a great multitude, and like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of mighty thunders, saying, "Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns!
Revelation 19:6

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Yahweh, who does all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

God has made everything possible, in Biblical point of view, therefore God is the cause of everything. However, I don’t think it means God does evil Himself. For example, giving freedom is good, all though it is possible that then some use it for evil.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe they do not say that. That is what happens when people only read a few verses of the Bible.
Mic 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe that God exists and created everything. That includes both the problems and the remedies. The verse from Isaiah seems to support this. Not sure about revelations.

I believe the problems are not creations; they are destructions.

Muffled

Jesus in me
People will interpret various bible verses as suites their own beliefs. I see plenty in the OT that explains much of the hatred and hardship in the world. Other people see such passages as necessary or even good.

I believe it would be better for you to see the truth.