• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my dad is a muslim and my mom is a christian, what faith should follow?

whitetitan

Hi,
As your parents are from different religion,based on the law,child of a couple who follows diff. religion should follow the father's religion.But from childhood itself it seems that u didn't follow any of the religion of your parents.As you grown up now,just discuss with your fiancee about it if you got fixed with any girl now else search a bride from your father's religion side.
It will not create any issue.
All the best.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I think people will think that you are crazy or antisocial if you do so. I think at some point in life it is good to "conform" to one institution, don't ya think so?

Reading through this thread and what you have answered, I would suggest you are Muslim.

I have no idea why you think it is good to "conform" as you say.

For the hundreds of thousands of years man has existed on this planet, he has been convinced as to the truth of thousands of religions.
Even today new ones are springing up all the time.

The nearest to a common factor is the Idea of one or more Gods.
The romans thought it heretical to believe in only one god, and made good sport of killing Christians for that belief.

Not even all the major religions practiced today believe in a single God.

Personally I have no more faith that the Muslim religion is correct in it's beliefs, than I have in a majority of earlier religions.

The only religion that has an Ethic , teaching , and understanding of God as love , compassion and forgiveness, that I can believe to be true, is Christianity.
Not necessarily as taught by any particular church, but as understood in the teachings and life of Jesus.

There is no chance that you can reconcile the two religions, Many very learned people have tried and failed.

I suspect that you have already made up your mind as to which you believe. It is only the problem of your potential Christian wife that has cause you to raise the matter here.

Some mixed faith marriages do work out but rather more do not.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Hi,
As your parents are from different religion,based on the law,child of a couple who follows diff. religion should follow the father's religion.But from childhood itself it seems that u didn't follow any of the religion of your parents.As you grown up now,just discuss with your fiancee about it if you got fixed with any girl now else search a bride from your father's religion side.
It will not create any issue.
All the best.

Not many religions would agree with you.
The norm, if there is one, is to follow the religion of the mother.

Just_me_Mike

I would suggest looking for the religion called Cruslim, or in some parts it is called Mistrian. If you can't find those in your area, then make up your own, by bridging the two together, and see if you can bring peace to the world, without the use of force.

Best wishes!

ZooGirl02

Perhaps you could try Unitarian Universalism? Then, you could take truths from both traditions and yet still worship the same God.

EnsignRo

I say go with what your heart says. I am sure your parents want you to make the right decision and I am sure they will both love you no matter what. Its what you feel happy following that is the important thing.