• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my church voted on same sex marriages

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The Church never has. What are you referring to?

The church got power and did its own thing. Jesus said "the first shall be last and the last shall be first." The Religious Right vote to send the last to war and not help them to be first.

KW

The church got power and did its own thing. Jesus said "the first shall be last and the last shall be first." The Religious Right vote to send the last to war and not help them to be first.

The Church carried on the will of God by the authority of Jesus.

Some refuse to listen to the Church.

John 20:21
As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.

Matthew 18:17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Matt 28
18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The Church carried on the will of God by the authority of Jesus.

Some refuse to listen to the Church.

John 20:21
As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.

Matthew 18:17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Matt 28
18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you.

Yes, and this is a big problem. Much of it, at least in the US, has become an antithesis of what Jesus wanted. I hope it changes, because people are not very interested in the current set up.

KW

Yes, and this is a big problem. Much of it, at least in the US, has become an antithesis of what Jesus wanted. I hope it changes, because people are not very interested in the current set up.

Example?

The Catholic Church is growing worldwide. I'm a convert myself.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Thankfully young Christians are more open to kindness instead of black and white doctrine. Things are looking up.

Why did someone rate this funny? Studies show this is true. They don't tend to have the same attitudes as the older members, but this is true among the younger folks in lots of other groups too.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The United Methodist church I will be visiting voted on whether or not to hire leaders of the church who are GLBTQ but they had already decided to be tolerant of GLBTQ members several years ago.

Most US UMC members voted to be inclusive.

KW

Yes, religions are growing in some developing nations. I was speaking about the US and other developed nations.

The Catholic Church is growing in America also.

The Church around the world welcomes thousands of new Catholics at the Easter vigil. On average, more than 100,000 adults enter the Church in the United States every year.

That is in addition to the millions of Catholics born into the Church each year.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The Catholic Church is growing in America also.

The Church around the world welcomes thousands of new Catholics at the Easter vigil. On average, more than 100,000 adults enter the Church in the United States every year.

That is in addition to the millions of Catholics born into the Church each year.
Catholicism is holding steady in America. Most of the decline is in the Protestant churches. I was putting them all in the Christian basket. But also I saw

Poll: Church membership continues to decline in 21st century

KW

Of all the tomes and temples of all the self-appointed middlemen, how are you so competent yours has it right, other than you were born into it?

It’s a matter of study and faith.

I’m a convert though, I wasn’t raised Catholic.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
And as the article states, participation within the Catholic Church is also in decline.

I had seen an article that said it was not growing, but holding steady. I guess it depends on where they are talking about and which years. Needless to say, we are hopefully going in the direction of the other developed nations.