• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Cat Hates when I exercise

Psalm23

I don't know why but my cat acts like he hates when I exercise. I did a couple pushups and a sit up and he came over and bit me twice without breaking the skin. Then he meowed at me like he was really angry. He has done this before but not every time I exercise or do stretches. When I was recovering from an illness one time, I did some stretches and he wasn't happy with it .

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Sounds to me, like you sat on that poor cat once too often........

Brian2

Veteran Member
I don't know why but my cat acts like he hates when I exercise. I did a couple pushups and a sit up and he came over and bit me twice without breaking the skin. Then he meowed at me like he was really angry. He has done this before but not every time I exercise or do stretches. When I was recovering from an illness one time, I did some stretches and he wasn't happy with it .

He's protecting you the only way he knows.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I have had cats like that, too.

And then I have some that come up to smell me. And others that sit on me.

I guess they all have their own takes.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey @Psalm23 , your cat and I frequent the same chat room, and earlier today he posted, "So anyway, up until today I thought my human was the only creature on the planet that was lazier than me. Now he's actually doing stuff and he's making me look bad. Hope he doesn't start expecting me to start catching mice or whatever".

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
One thing that's always baffled me and that all cats seem to have in common is that if you sit down in front of a keyboard --- any keyboard:; computer, piano, whatever --- they have to jump up and walk across it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
One thing that's always baffled me and that all cats seem to have in common is that if you sit down in front of a keyboard --- any keyboard:; computer, piano, whatever --- they have to jump up and walk across it.
Keyboards are things humans focus their attention on - attention that is rightfully theirs.

exchemist

Veteran Member
When I was growing up, the cat would come and sit on the newspaper, if you spread it out on the table to read it. So maybe indeed something to do with a rival for attention.

When my mother was a child, her cat, Pippilew, used to sit on the (valve) radio when it was playing music in the morning, because it got warm. When my mother played the piano, the cat would come and sit on that too, hoping it would also get warm.

In your case I wonder if it’s possible the cat thinks you are having some kind of seizure, especially if you breathe heavily from the exertion. All he sees is apparently undirected, pointless physical exertion and heavy breathing!

Last edited:

Jedster

Well, obviously you are doing your asanas incorrectly.
Your cat wants you to watch while he is doing his exercises.:)

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम

Same here. I remember a while ago my mom had an organ in the living room, and whenever she would play it, our cat Tigger would jump up and try to "mirror" her. He wanted to be a little organ player too lol.