• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Car's Fuel Consumption in Layman Language, Please!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
My secret to get the best mileage -- always drive downhill.

SG, are you estimating the amount of fuel by your tank capacity and fuel gauge? That won't work. Use the pump gauge.
Also keep in mind that American and British gallons are different.

Yes, the trick was to compare my car's MPG with other international ratings and those I found in American MPG. The result above is indeed in American MPG and I confirmed it. Member @beenherebeforeagain was kind enough to ask for more information and do the calculation for me.

And, if you always drive downhill, you gotta reach a point you get stuck!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Yes, the trick was to compare my car's MPG with other international ratings and those I found in American MPG. The result above is indeed in American MPG and I confirmed it. Member @beenherebeforeagain was kind enough to ask for more information and do the calculation for me.

And, if you always drive downhill, you gotta reach a point you get stuck!
Or run into the ocean!
On the other hand, I try to always drive with a strong tail wind.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
If the wind changes its direction while going to work... :p

DT provided an interesting link above: https://www.fueleconomy.gov

I checkd for a 2009 Ford Crown Victoria and it has similar MPG. Here's the result for my car: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=8919
I didn't say my tailwind strategy works!:p I just try...

Cool, looks like you're doing well with your car. When I was a teenager, a neighbor used to do service on Merc's--that was in the 70s so most of them were from the 50s...He'd disassemble them and lay them out in the yard, clean, inspect and repair, then reassemble them. That was his sideline business, his "hobby," he worked somewhere else. Most of them as I recall were well over 100,000 miles, and imagine that many could still be running today with proper service...

How many miles have you got on yours?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I didn't say my tailwind strategy works!:p I just try...

Cool, looks like you're doing well with your car. When I was a teenager, a neighbor used to do service on Merc's--that was in the 70s so most of them were from the 50s...He'd disassemble them and lay them out in the yard, clean, inspect and repair, then reassemble them. That was his sideline business, his "hobby," he worked somewhere else. Most of them as I recall were well over 100,000 miles, and imagine that many could still be running today with proper service...

How many miles have you got on yours?

Such hobby is so much fun and I wish I had the means to practice it.

There's ~425k km or ~265k miles on mine. Just 3k km ago I had the engine rebuilt and about 20k km for the transmission. But I do remember that before rebuilding the engine, consumption was close even tho it was more. I think there are other ways I can still go thru to increase MPG like finding better engine oil, but not sure since it's price could be the difference equalizer.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Moreover:
upload_2016-4-8_11-33-23.jpeg

But one has to be careful.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Maybe take up some interest in your life, and not as often adventure in the car, in other words simply use the car less ?.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Maybe take up some interest in your life, and not as often adventure in the car, in other words simply use the car less ?.

Oh, I actually hate driving here. I only drive to work and when my family forces me really, which means for what I must only. I'm a home dweller!

Last edited: