• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Breakthrough Infection

Wandering Monk

Just got results of Covid test. I am positive for Covid.

I have had both jabs, the last on April 14. Symptoms on Sunday night.

Two days of body ache and headache, slightly phlegmy cough. Low grade fever in the afternoons. Seem to be getting over this, but week 2 is usually the teller. Blood Ox is good (above 94)

Got it from my unvaxed wife who got it from a co-worker. I know the chain is from her because I have not been out of the house since before Thanksgiving.

It felt like the flu. Very familiar with that, except I did not get bronchitis like I usually do with flu.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Two days of body ache and headache, slightly phlegmy cough. Low grade fever in the afternoons. Seem to be getting over this, but week 2 is usually the teller. Blood Ox is good (above 94)

Got it from my unvaxed wife who got it from a co-worker. I know the chain is from her because I have not been out of the house since before Thanksgiving.

It felt like the flu. Very familiar with that, except I did not get bronchitis like I usually do with flu.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

You get well now, ya hear.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Best wishes for a smooth and quick recovery.

InChrist

Free4ever

I hope you feel better soon. I can emphasize with you, as I had it three months ago. No fun.

Laika

Premium Member

Best wishes with your recovery. please keep us updated so we know how you are doing and you are ok. :)

Wandering Monk

Wife got it from a co-worker who came to work sick. Masks not required; no symptom checks. Wife not vaccinated (doesn't trust new technology,) does not wear mask unless compelled (but for some reason maintains social distance.) She brought it home and is sick with it. Our youngest son (age 20) now appears to be coming down with it. Continual dry cough, fever, body aches. He has one jab back in May, but had some strange symptoms after (he was also going cold turkey with his vaping at the time, so...), Mom scared him off the second jab. Our other son, age 30 living with us has escaped it so far, but I don't expect that to last long. He has two jabs as of May.

I am pretty much back to normal, but wife is still recovering. I haven't had any sign of anosmia yet, but she has.

She begins week 2 after first symptoms on Saturday night. This is when things get severe if they are going to. She has co-morbidities and is age 57. I am 64, that being my only co-morbidity.

Ponder This

Be well.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Does she feel bad about transmitting it to you? I hope she has mild symptoms.

Wandering Monk

Intermittent body aches and mild fever after a week. No cough. Sense of smell gone.
Does she feel bad about transmitting it to you? I hope she has mild symptoms.

She has intestinal issues and persisent cough. O2 levels are fine.

She hasn't expressed regret about bringing it home. If she had gotten vaxxed, this may have been avoided.

For me it has been a week of intermittent body aches and low grade fever. Lost my sense of smell yesterday.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Wife got it from a co-worker who came to work sick. Masks not required; no symptom checks. Wife not vaccinated (doesn't trust new technology,) does not wear mask unless compelled (but for some reason maintains social distance.) She brought it home and is sick with it. Our youngest son (age 20) now appears to be coming down with it. Continual dry cough, fever, body aches. He has one jab back in May, but had some strange symptoms after (he was also going cold turkey with his vaping at the time, so...), Mom scared him off the second jab. Our other son, age 30 living with us has escaped it so far, but I don't expect that to last long. He has two jabs as of May.

I am pretty much back to normal, but wife is still recovering. I haven't had any sign of anosmia yet, but she has.

She begins week 2 after first symptoms on Saturday night. This is when things get severe if they are going to. She has co-morbidities and is age 57. I am 64, that being my only co-morbidity.

Good news for you. Fingers crossed for your wife to recover fully.