1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured My bizarre church experiences:

Discussion in 'Theological Concepts' started by KelseyR, May 11, 2019.

1. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Bompu Zen Man with a little bit of Bushido.

Ratings:
    +8,833
    Religion:
    Zen Buddhism
    Only bizarre church I've been in was Pentecostal. The rest you could say was just plain boring and repetitive. Same thing every Sunday over and over.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Religion:
    Jehovah's Witness
    A few years ago I went to a catholic mass with some friends from school. The acoustic in the church was terrible and I couldn't understand anything the priest was saying so I kept busy by observing people. The man sitting behind me rapidly fell asleep, but every time people got up, he opened his eyes and got up as well, when it was time to clap he clapped and then he went back to sleep until the end of the service. At the time I found that "auto pilot" system hilarious.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. whirlingmerc

whirlingmerc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +712
    Religion:
    Christian

The Tower of Babel story seems a reasonable explanation for the scattering of nations and confusion of languages

If someone is looking for an explanation apart from God, they will be disappointed, that is if they hold a stick naturalism worldview.

4. whirlingmerc

whirlingmerc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +712
    Religion:
    Christian
    Seems to me the better thing to do with someone given over to lust is to first tell them to repent in an appropriate manner - perhaps privately at first.

5. KenS

KenS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,121
    Religion:
    Judeo/Christian
    My Bizarre Story:

I had made a decision to be a success in the business world whether it cost me my wife and my children (just like my dad) -- my wife believed our marriage would last about 7 years (just like all the marriages she had seen)

We both gave our lives to Jesus on a Sunday morning and on Monday -- our marriage and lives were completely healed and changed.

Bizarre.

• Winner Winner x 1