• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My beliefs

PearlSeeker

I agree about balance. It's the key.

You seek knowledge. What about balance between knowledge and love?

You wrote "know thyself" and walk your path alone. How's that? Aren't others mirrors?

"Self-knowledge involves relationship. To know oneself is to study one self in action with another person. Relationship is a process of self evaluation and self revelation. Relationship is the mirror in which you discover yourself — to be is to be related." (Bruce Lee)

firedragon

Veteran Member
So I got this

Firstly before I go on I would like to point out to all I changed my title from Satanic pagan to Luciferian pagan witch. I'll also provide the disclaimer I'm new to my beliefs. So there's a lot for me to learn and I'm constantly changing them as more info arrives. I am a pagan in the sense that my beliefs are very nature oriented. I worship 4 Norse deites Hel, Angrboda, Sigyn, and Loki. I am working to learn more about nature spirits to leave offerings to them. I've got a lot to learn about norse paganism but it seems I lean towards worshiping the Rökkr rather then the Æsir. The Rökkr are the norse deities associated with chaos, change, the underworld. They are primordial deities that are much "darker" then the Æsir. Loki is a god/goddess/deity who is associated with fire, chaos, mischief, madness among other things. Its hard to find info on both Angrboda and Sigyn both Loki's wives. Angrboda is associated with wolves and considered to be a fierce mother goddess by some. But she is wild and she's a mother goddess it's more like say Kali kinda vibes rather then say Virgin Mary. She's often called the hag of the iron woods that is she's associated with magick and witchcraft. Her name means Sorrowbringer according to some sources. Sigyn is Loki's other wife associated with loyalty and devotion. There's even less on her then on Angrboda. I wrote a poem about one of the only myths about her and posted here long time ago should anyone want to be tagged in it...she is associated with breaking incantations as well. Hel is the goddess of death. She is the mother of the sick and those of old age. Quite a wonderful goddess. She's associated with balance both chaos and order as she's depicted as duality, be she shown as half her face dark blue/black and half her face white or she's shown as half a corpse half living. I do not believe in the myths however of any of my deities. They are lessons not fact and tell you about said deity.

I am Luciferian in the sense that I worship a Lucifer. Now everyone knows the Christian view of Lucifer that is associated with Satan. Theistic satanists and those who are luciferians who worship Satan do not agree with that view. They see him as a good guy. They believe Satan to be associated with freedom and such. Good things mostly. And Lucifer has been used to describe Christ as well. There's also a Roman deity called Lucifer. Lucifer just means morning star or lightbringer. It is a title not a name. So who is it I worship? Well at first I thought it was Satan. I associated him with freedom and independence a deity of knowledge at all costs. But now the more I research the less I don't know who it is I worship. There's so many beings with that name. I'm starting to feel it's just an aspect a light aspect that I worship and Lucifer has many forms but it's the same deity. Or maybe I'll just stick with one of of the beings who is called Lucifer probably the Roman one. Either way it's a deity of knowledge and light I honor. And as a Luciferian like many I focus on the Self. My practice centers around it. I honor and respect myself, and aim for improvement. I search for knowledge everywhere and seek to accept all parts including the ego, the Self, and the darker parts of my nature as well as the lighter halves of it. I don't know much about the self-worship aspect of many left handed paths but Im still learning about it and have considered making an altar to myself. Altars aren't just for worship but to represent and honor different things about a being. To work with them. Making an altar to myself is a way to say hey- I need to work on myself. I need to honor all parts of who I am. And improve myself seek knowledge. Keep in mind I don't see myself as a deity. But I am my own god in the sense I am the person I answer to above all else. I answer to no one but myself I may worship many deities but I do not serve them. I submit to myself and see myself as sacred as I am part of nature and nature is Divine.

I would be sore missed if I did not include a deeper insight on the importance balance and nature to me...this poem I wrote should explain it:

Title:Know Thyself
You say love and light.
Fear the dark.
You speak of Nature
As if she's solely a loving Mother.
When animals are prey to bigger foes.
You say to avoid the darker side
Of your nature.
Death is to be feared
Order over chaos!
I say Balance.
They who cannot hex
Cannot heal!
Cats wouldnt be so cute
Without their claws and sharp teeth.
Wolves are not strong
When they cannot hunt.
At the end of life:
Death is a comforting breath,
To end the pain suffering
Of the terminally sick.
Can you not feel the comfort?
Of the night?
See the moon and stars,
The shadows protect the secrets of all who walk in it.
No judgements,
Innocent lovers and corrupt thieves alike.
The coolness of the shade
In the hot sun
Is soo refreshing.
And life comes from:
The blood and pain of birth.
You cannot have one without the other.
Light without the darkness.
Too much order is just as bad as chaos.
Love has a twisted side
That can lead to grief.
And balance does not mean equal.
Some are darker then others...
Some are more into light then darkness...
I sit in the shadows...
I embrace light as well.
For I am both
And this poem explains my journey from a Christian to where I am now...Imma bold a very important part of it
Title: Journey

I used to be a devoutee
Of the god of Abraham.
I'd often prayed
So deep I shake
And cry.
But some relationships
Aren't meant to last.
When I left
My identity was torn.
I was lost and broken.
Angry at Him who I once loved.

I've read the Bible
Several times
Took notes compared translations
I could quote verses...
I know young earth apologetics
Like the back of my hand.
I am no stranger to theology.
Still I am an apostate...
Cuz the Bible caused so many questions...
And some Christians Ive seen can be such hypocrites.
Always justifying outdated views
And the trauma they've been known to cause.
I can say
Christianity can be oh so beautiful
But because of the past
Such a shame I can't see it the way
Others do.

So I was sitting there
In my grief
When the goddess Hecate called
And I answered her.
She was there for just a blink of an eye
Long enough
To show me the gods exist.
So now I worship
4 Norse gods
I am into paganism and witchcraft.
Called by the Morning Star as well...
I seek self improvement
And knowledge
I walk my path alone
I would never seek to force
My beliefs on another
As a dark pagan
This path
Definitely is not for the faint of heart.
To understand hard truths
To seek that which is hidden
Deep in the mind
To unlock what you dont wish to admit
And find balance within oneself
Can be a double edge sword.

Anyway that's all...Any questions by anyone? Im willing to answer them as long as its respectful.

I would like to thank you so much for your post. I was wondering if satanic pagan defined as the satanic church does or in another way. I think you have explained quite a different theology. But I am no expert so please do correct me.

Is there a particular scripture or book you consider to be some kind of divine inspiration?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I agree about balance. It's the key.

You seek knowledge. What about balance between knowledge and love?

You wrote "know thyself" and walk your path alone. How's that? Aren't others mirrors?

"Self-knowledge involves relationship. To know oneself is to study one self in action with another person. Relationship is a process of self evaluation and self revelation. Relationship is the mirror in which you discover yourself — to be is to be related." (Bruce Lee)
Balance between knowledge and love is a good thing. As for walking my path alone...yes watching how I interact with others is part of understanding who I am. And yes folks can be mirrors.
I would like to thank you so much for your post. I was wondering if satanic pagan defined as the satanic church does or in another way. I think you have explained quite a different theology. But I am no expert so please do correct me.

Is there a particular scripture or book you consider to be some kind of divine inspiration?
No I do not. I read lots of books and research loads but no nothing is divinely inspired. As for satanic church...no I'm not a satanic pagan in the way they define it I dont think

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
No I don not. I read lots of books and research loads but no nothing is divinely inspired. As for satanic church...no I'm not a satanic pagan in the way they define it I dont think

I am no expert in the satanic church, and I dont even know if they are monolithic. But what I do know from reading their book is that they dont call themselves satanic pagan. In fact, they refer to Christianity as "Neo-pagan".

Nevertheless, since you do not adhere to a book, how do you get your knowledge or affirmation of your theology?

Sorry if I am asking questions. I am not intending to make any refutations I promise.

VoidCat

I am no expert in the satanic church, and I dont even know if they are monolithic. But what I do know from reading their book is that they dont call themselves satanic pagan. In fact, they refer to Christianity as "Neo-pagan".

Nevertheless, since you do not adhere to a book, how do you get your knowledge or affirmation of your theology?

Sorry if I am asking questions. I am not intending to make any refutations I promise.
I don't know much about the satanic church either. I get my knowledge from reading books on the topic by many writers(mostly by Satanists and luciferians and pagans...occasionally witches) and , experimentation, shadow work(working with the parts of yourself you hide I mean), watching vids, talking to other folk who believe in paganism or luciferianism or both, even looking to other belief systems to learn about history of deities such as Lucifer, etc. I tend to read scholarly sourced articles and such. And of course self reflection. I mixed two paths. Neopaganism and luciferianism. Both have lots of info written on it.

Last edited:

VoidCat

@PearlSeeker
Paganism, witchcraft and luciferianism are all very indiviualistic religions. Being as I mixed them my path is my own in the sense it's individualistic. However I am also alone as you say for I have no one really to mentor me on paganism or witchcraft or even Luciferianism. I wish I could join a coven. Learn from other witches. I'm reminded of this poem I wrote on not having a mentor or a person to guide me just a bit on any part of my path:

Title:Friends
I don't have many friends
I tend to walk alone
A solitary witch
My path is lonely
I wish for guidance
But I cannot find many to help
I wish for friends
For support on this path
Through the darkness and chaos
Through finding knowledge
Within the Self
Through light and order
As the balance goes
Shadow work
I search endlessly
But wish I didn't alone.​

Altho this may change. There's a Christian witch who has offered to teach me things regarding witchcraft. Also I have very few friends in general most I don't talk to most days. It's very lonely.

Last edited:

VoidCat

let me make it clear to you and everyone else on this board...I love questions. They challenge me. Give me all the questions provided you are polite and not rude. I love learning and I love teaching. If I dont know the answer I'll say so then proceed to think on it or look up stuff or both to find out. Just don't be rude and know I don't like debating much. I like discussion. Arguing just for the sake of arguing annoys me. And keep in mind Im new to my path.

Also I live in a group home for disabled adults and can't leave it much. Specially not alone cuz they scared I might get lost. I'M BORED! You'll be doing me a favor.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
let me make it clear to you and everyone else on this board...I love questions. They challenge me. Give me all the questions provided you are polite and not rude. I love learning and I love teaching. If I dont know the answer I'll say so then proceed to think on it or look up stuff or both to find out. Just don't be rude and know I don't like debating much. I like discussion. Arguing just for the sake of arguing annoys me. And keep in mind Im new to my path.

Also I live in a group home for disabled adults and can't leave it much. Specially not alone cuz they scared I might get lost. I'M BORED! You'll be doing me a favor.

All due respect Rayoflight. Sometimes I can be rude. I think. But I honestly think I am rude to the dishonest. Anyway, when I am learning and intend to learn, I am methodologically not rude or argumentative. So I am only asking questions to understand.

Peace.

VoidCat

All due respect Rayoflight. Sometimes I can be rude. I think. But I honestly think I am rude to the dishonest. Anyway, when I am learning and intend to learn, I am methodologically not rude or argumentative. So I am only asking questions to understand.

Peace.
Understood. I try not to be dishonest but I know some of what I believe is wrong. I can't know everything and Im bound to be wrong about something. Peace to you as well. I did not see anything you wrote here as rude so don't worry.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Understood. I try not to be dishonest but I know some of what I believe is wrong. I can't know everything and Im bound to be wrong about something. Peace to you as well. I did not see anything you wrote here as rude so don't worry.

Yeah. But I can be rude. I have noted it many a time. But I have honestly gone back and pondered why and found that the other person was just being dishonest. Sometimes bigoted or racist. I mean in the context of this particular forum. In real life its a whole different story. I have been more than rude to rapists. ;)

VoidCat

Yeah. But I can be rude. I have noted it many a time. But I have honestly gone back and pondered why and found that the other person was just being dishonest. Sometimes bigoted or racist. I mean in the context of this particular forum. In real life its a whole different story. I have been more than rude to rapists. ;)
Well if you ever are rude to me...i don't offend easy. And if I feel you offend me I'd tell you. But so far I've loved reading your posts. You really do think things through and Im honored you decided to ask me about my beliefs. You've made me think on many occasions reading what you write to other posters on other threads. I'm accidently rude to folk cuz my autism and purposely rude to some folk cuz they deserved it. Some folk need to be knocked down a peg or two. Heck feel free to knock me down a peg or two if I need it.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well if you ever are rude to me...i don't offend easy. And if I feel you offend me I'd tell you. But so far I've loved reading your posts. You really do think things through and Im honored you decided me about my beliefs. You've made me think on many occasions reading what you write to other posters on other threads. I'm accidently rude to folk cuz my autism and purposely rude to some folk cuz they deserved it. Some folk need to be knocked down a peg or two. Heck feel free to knock me down a peg or two if I need it.

Honoured brother. I dont know who you are, but your kind of heart will always be an honour to know. I am honoured.

VoidCat

To those on this forum: I still worship Lucifer and I still am a pagan. But my beliefs have changed. I no longer worship Loki, Sigyn, Angrboda, and Hel. All those are chaos deities and I need less of that in my life. I still might make an offering to the Rökkr here and there but not to work with them. I now am researching Bastet. I may worship her I may not. But I have left her some offerings.