• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My beliefs

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
So I got this
I really wanted to get some more information on your system or belief. I found it fascinating to note you have said "satanic paganism". I know about the satanic church etc etc, but I have never heard about your belief. But sigh, another day, another time. I would like to know more.
Firstly before I go on I would like to point out to all I changed my title from Satanic pagan to Luciferian pagan witch. I'll also provide the disclaimer I'm new to my beliefs. So there's a lot for me to learn and I'm constantly changing them as more info arrives. I am a pagan in the sense that my beliefs are very nature oriented. I worship 4 Norse deites Hel, Angrboda, Sigyn, and Loki. I am working to learn more about nature spirits to leave offerings to them. I've got a lot to learn about norse paganism but it seems I lean towards worshiping the Rökkr rather then the Æsir. The Rökkr are the norse deities associated with chaos, change, the underworld. They are primordial deities that are much "darker" then the Æsir. Loki is a god/goddess/deity who is associated with fire, chaos, mischief, madness among other things. Its hard to find info on both Angrboda and Sigyn both Loki's wives. Angrboda is associated with wolves and considered to be a fierce mother goddess by some. But she is wild and she's a mother goddess it's more like say Kali kinda vibes rather then say Virgin Mary. She's often called the hag of the iron woods that is she's associated with magick and witchcraft. Her name means Sorrowbringer according to some sources. Sigyn is Loki's other wife associated with loyalty and devotion. There's even less on her then on Angrboda. I wrote a poem about one of the only myths about her and posted here long time ago should anyone want to be tagged in it...she is associated with breaking incantations as well. Hel is the goddess of death. She is the mother of the sick and those of old age. Quite a wonderful goddess. She's associated with balance both chaos and order as she's depicted as duality, be she shown as half her face dark blue/black and half her face white or she's shown as half a corpse half living. I do not believe in the myths however of any of my deities. They are lessons not fact and tell you about said deity.

I am Luciferian in the sense that I worship a Lucifer. Now everyone knows the Christian view of Lucifer that is associated with Satan. Theistic satanists and those who are luciferians who worship Satan do not agree with that view. They see him as a good guy. They believe Satan to be associated with freedom and such. Good things mostly. And Lucifer has been used to describe Christ as well. There's also a Roman deity called Lucifer. Lucifer just means morning star or lightbringer. It is a title not a name. So who is it I worship? Well at first I thought it was Satan. I associated him with freedom and independence a deity of knowledge at all costs. But now the more I research the less I don't know who it is I worship. There's so many beings with that name. I'm starting to feel it's just an aspect a light aspect that I worship and Lucifer has many forms but it's the same deity. Or maybe I'll just stick with one of of the beings who is called Lucifer probably the Roman one. Either way it's a deity of knowledge and light I honor. And as a Luciferian like many I focus on the Self. My practice centers around it. I honor and respect myself, and aim for improvement. I search for knowledge everywhere and seek to accept all parts including the ego, the Self, and the darker parts of my nature as well as the lighter halves of it. I don't know much about the self-worship aspect of many left handed paths but Im still learning about it and have considered making an altar to myself. Altars aren't just for worship but to represent and honor different things about a being. To work with them. Making an altar to myself is a way to say hey- I need to work on myself. I need to honor all parts of who I am. And improve myself seek knowledge. Keep in mind I don't see myself as a deity. But I am my own god in the sense I am the person I answer to above all else. I answer to no one but myself I may worship many deities but I do not serve them. I submit to myself and see myself as sacred as I am part of nature and nature is Divine.

I would be sore missed if I did not include a deeper insight on the importance balance and nature to me...this poem I wrote should explain it:

Title:Know Thyself
You say love and light.
Fear the dark.
You speak of Nature
As if she's solely a loving Mother.
When animals are prey to bigger foes.
You say to avoid the darker side
Of your nature.
Death is to be feared
Order over chaos!
I say Balance.
They who cannot hex
Cannot heal!
Cats wouldnt be so cute
Without their claws and sharp teeth.
Wolves are not strong
When they cannot hunt.
At the end of life:
Death is a comforting breath,
To end the pain suffering
Of the terminally sick.
Can you not feel the comfort?
Of the night?
See the moon and stars,
The shadows protect the secrets of all who walk in it.
No judgements,
Innocent lovers and corrupt thieves alike.
The coolness of the shade
In the hot sun
Is soo refreshing.
And life comes from:
The blood and pain of birth.
You cannot have one without the other.
Light without the darkness.
Too much order is just as bad as chaos.
Love has a twisted side
That can lead to grief.
And balance does not mean equal.
Some are darker then others...
Some are more into light then darkness...
I sit in the shadows...
I embrace light as well.
For I am both
And this poem explains my journey from a Christian to where I am now...Imma bold a very important part of it
Title: Journey

I used to be a devoutee
Of the god of Abraham.
I'd often prayed
So deep I shake
And cry.
But some relationships
Aren't meant to last.
When I left
My identity was torn.
I was lost and broken.
Angry at Him who I once loved.

I've read the Bible
Several times
Took notes compared translations
I could quote verses...
I know young earth apologetics
Like the back of my hand.
I am no stranger to theology.
Still I am an apostate...
Cuz the Bible caused so many questions...
And some Christians Ive seen can be such hypocrites.
Always justifying outdated views
And the trauma they've been known to cause.
I can say
Christianity can be oh so beautiful
But because of the past
Such a shame I can't see it the way
Others do.

So I was sitting there
In my grief
When the goddess Hecate called
And I answered her.
She was there for just a blink of an eye
Long enough
To show me the gods exist.
So now I worship
4 Norse gods
I am into paganism and witchcraft.
Called by the Morning Star as well...
I seek self improvement
And knowledge
I walk my path alone
I would never seek to force
My beliefs on another
As a dark pagan
This path
Definitely is not for the faint of heart.
To understand hard truths
To seek that which is hidden
Deep in the mind
To unlock what you dont wish to admit
And find balance within oneself
Can be a double edge sword.

Anyway that's all...Any questions by anyone? Im willing to answer them as long as its respectful.

Last edited:

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Honestly, I feel confused after having read that.
Though it may well have to do with my current state of mind.
I'll read it again later, I think.

Humbly
Hermit

Laika

Premium Member
I don't even know if its Satan I worship or another deity. But yes. Hail Satan! He seems to be a good guy in my view.

I took an interest in Atheistic Satanism after getting to know a few Satanists on RF. I found myself reading the Satanic Bible, Ragnar Redbeard's "Might is Right" and looking in to Ayn Rand's Objectivism for a bit as an alternative set of Atheist morals to Marxism. I also have something of a soft spot for polytheism as an atheist because it's so different from the Abrahamic Religions I'd normally oppose, so it's a challenge to know what I think about it. So I can understand the appeal. It sounds like fun. :)

VoidCat

I took an interest in Atheistic Satanism after getting to know a few Satanists on RF. I found myself reading the Satanic Bible, Ragnar Redbeard's "Might is Right" and looking in to Ayn Rand's Objectivism for a bit as an alternative set of Atheist morals to Marxism. I also have something of a soft spot for polytheism as an atheist because it's so different from the Abrahamic Religions I'd normally oppose, so it's a challenge to know what I think about it. So I can understand the appeal. It sounds like fun. :)
There's quite a few satanic bibles. Kindle unlimited has a ton of them. I reckon you mean the Anton LaVey version which I haven't been able to get(it wasn't on Kindle unlimited and I dont have the money to look for it yet) but I have read a number of good satanic bibles on Kindle unlimited which I manage to afford by my dad paying for it.

VoidCat

@Laika I may be a polytheist but due to agreeing with the tenets of the Satanic Temple and agreeing with a lot of their work despite it being an athiest organization and not considering myself a Satanist I joined it and plan on getting a membership card to show my support.

Laika

Premium Member
There's quite a few satanic bibles. Kindle unlimited has a ton of them. I reckon you mean the Anton LaVey version which I haven't been able to get(it wasn't on Kindle unlimited and I dont have the money to look for it yet) but I have read a number of good satanic bibles on Kindle unlimited which I manage to afford by my dad paying for it.

Yeah. It was Anton Le Vey's version. :)

@Laika I may be a polytheist but due to agreeing with the tenets of the Satanic Temple and agreeing with a lot of their work despite it being an athiest organization and not considering myself a Satanist I joined it and plan on getting a membership card to show my support.

Excellent. :D I seem to recall one of the Satanist organisation in the US has repeatedly threatened to erect a statue of Baphomet to challenge public religious (especially Christian) monuments on state property. It's to highlight double-standards in religious freedom and the separation of church and state, so I assume they'll be happy to have you.

VoidCat

Yeah. It was Anton Le Vey's version. :)

Excellent. :D I seem to recall one of the Satanist organisation in the US has repeatedly threatened to erect a statue of Baphomet to challenge public religious (especially Christian) monuments on state property. It's to highlight double-standards in religious freedom and the separation of church and state, so I assume they'll be happy to have you.
It was the Satanic Temple if I remember correctly

VoidCat

It was the Satanic Temple if I remember correctly
Yep it was
https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/more-info
The First Amendment requires that the US government must treat all religions equally. After a statue of the Ten Commandments was donated to Oklahoma City by State Representative Mike Ritze and placed outside the Oklahoma State Capitol, The Satanic Temple offered to donate a religious statue. The Temple chose Baphomet – a pagan idol associated with the Knights Templar that was conceived in the 11th century, and whose depiction has changed dramatically over time. The best-known representation of Baphomet as a "Sabbatic Goat" did not appear until 1856 when Eliphas Lévi published Dogmas and Rituals of High Magic. The Satanic Temple has continued the tradition of adapting the image of the mythical figure. The most notable difference is that Baphomet now has a male chest. This was done for practical reasons such that State governments could not reject the statue on the grounds that it could be considered obscene.

The Oklahoma City Supreme Court ordered the removal of the Ten Commandments statue because Oklahoma State law prohibits the use of state property to further religions. The offer to donate the Baphomet statue to Oklahoma was then withdrawn; however, it could potentially find its final dwelling place in the Arkansas Capitol grounds alongside Senator Jason Rapert's Ten Commandments monument, pending trial in 2020. The Satanic Temple's Baphomet monument will remain on display to the public at Salem Art Gallery until it is placed alongside other religious monuments on public property.

Moonjuice

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
I'll also provide the disclaimer I'm new to my beliefs. So there's a lot for me to learn and I'm constantly changing them as more info arrives.
This is really the only question I have: Do you think that beliefs are something that you proclaim or are beliefs the end result of being convinced? Or do you define "belief" in some other way? I don't think I have ever come across a person who, before explaining their beliefs, makes a bold disclaimer that these are "new' beliefs. That is what I would expect to hear from someone who is very unsure of what they actually think is true.

VoidCat

This is really the only question I have: Do you think that beliefs are something that you proclaim or are beliefs the end result of being convinced?
Both. You can proclaim you believe something you've been convinced of
That is what I would expect to hear from someone who is very unsure of what they actually think is true.
I say this because my beliefs are evolving constantly. I know what I believe. But Im still learning. Im always learning. Surely my beliefs will change over time no? In the past I was a Christian. Now I'm a Luciferian pagan witch. Imagine what I might believe years from now as I learn more. Cuz Im still learning what it is I believe and what these deities are about through research. Also Im 19. Very young. Im still learning bout myself and constantly researching everything I can about many paths. My identity is bound to change quite a bit.

Last edited:

VoidCat

@Moonjuice
I've been studying paganism for about 5 years now and been one for 3. Im still learning stuff about it. And I've been a Luciferian for a few months now. More then 6. I think since February. I'm still learning. I just don't know enough as my beliefs always are evolving

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I have a question that you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Why the drive to worship? To me, it seems like being worshiped would be harmful to any sentient being, and exposes the worshipper as being a manipulative cuss. I'm really trying to understand here, so please don't take it wrong.

VoidCat

I have a question that you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Why the drive to worship? To me, it seems like being worshiped would be harmful to any sentient being, and exposes the worshipper as being a manipulative cuss. I'm really trying to understand here, so please don't take it wrong.
I don't take it wrong. It's a good question. I would love to hear why you think that after I write maybe I'll learn something new.
It's not worship in the abrahamic sense. I just make an altar and make offerings from time to time. It more of me being respectful and honoring them thanking them for doing their jobs like keeping the universe in order. I'm not asking for things usually. I hardly ever do and I expect nothing in return. I might ask for help or an answer to a question but even then it's more of you don't have to. Mostly I figure things out myself and work on my own problems rather then ask them for help. I also take inspiration from them as they are archetypes. I have a lot to learn from their stories. I do this outta respect. If they chose to guide me so be it. If not fine by me. They don't busy themselves with mortals most the time anyway as they are busy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't think I have ever come across a person who, before explaining their beliefs, makes a bold disclaimer that these are "new' beliefs. That is what I would expect to hear from someone who is very unsure of what they actually think is true.
Every new convert to any religion or path must be very unsure then.