• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My avatar

Scott1

Hello there Catholics.... I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to comment on something for me.

Recently, my avatar (Peter Griffin from Family Guy dressed in clerical dress) was deleted from my account at a Catholic forum. It was described as "offensive".... and while I've been told I have a wierd sense of humor, I really think this was silly.

So, does a cartoon character of a "priest" offend any of you?
fg_4ACX22_03_1_337x233_090420070420.jpg

... cracks me up!

Master Vigil

I loved that episode!! Especially the scene in which your avatar is from.

From memory, and certainly not a direct and perfect quotation...

Peter, "We don't really have confession so you don't have to tell me."

Quagmire, "Are you crazy, I'm telling everyone!"

I think that other forum needs to laugh. :D

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I just watched that episode a few nights ago. I don't think they should have deleted your avatar. He was a priest of his own religion, and what is wrong with that?? He can wear whatever he wants. I could dress like that if I wanted, and how would that be bad?? I think the guys who deleted your avatar are just mean and get mad too easily at everything.

Scott1

Yep.... just a little to "touchy" for my tastes.... it kinda sucks, there were a lot of good people there.

Oh well.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
There is nothing offensive about that avatar, I think God had a sense of humor, shame a lot of religious people don't.................:D

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
It probably had more to with the show then the avatar...:shrug:

I don't really watch it so I can't really comment on what exactly they would find offensive.

I guess some feel that any public manifestations of what they consider to be an immoral show is enough to shun it.

Personally, I tend to be far too (according to my wife) flexible in this department. If one is able to seperate good from bad and still stay in tact with God, you can watch anything you want.

Having said that......if there are images and words that can even lean you toward sinning, stay away from it. But we're adults here c'mon. People know what they can or can't handle.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I'm no longer a Catholic, but I almost gave you frubals the first time I saw your avatar...in fact, that's overdue. That was a bit overly sensitive of them I think.