• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My amazing dream of the New-Age Goddess

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
I am struggling to understand a complex dream. I hope making a thread about it will help. I had this dream in November or December of last year. I wrote it down in my dream journal. Not sure of the exact day of the dream, I was foolish not to pay closer attention to that detail. I think it was early December.

I am trying to understand the dream in terms of symbolism, and in terms of synchronicity. You see, last month I was watching a documentary about India, and something in it reminded me of this dream. It was something about the river Ganges and a Hindu religious festival. So I went back to re-read my journal and I have been puzzling about this dream. I think I dreamed of this festival.

But before I describe the dream, a little about me. I am 40, male, married with no children. I live in the USA. I'm a normal guy except I have had periods of unusually intense dreams and periods of mystical/paranormal experiences. I have not been diagnosed with any disorders and I am not on any medication. I don't know exactly how to label my religious views. It's complicated. Some people might call me New-Age, but I wouldn't.

Ok, so onto the dream. The dream started on the top of a cosmic mountain, it had a Mt Olympus kind of feel, like a cosmic city and a mall and a campus and a temple and a museum all at the same time. There were clouds, crowds of people, and the earth below. It was much more vivid than a normal dream. It had a lucid sort of enhanced feel to it.

I was standing on the edge looking down at the Earth. It was a lush green with a river winding all over it. As I looked down I noticed my body was youthful and perfect and I was wearing nothing but a silver loincloth. I smiled.

I looked back at the city and through the crowd I noticed the Goddess sitting on a pedestal that seemed to grow from the ground, and she was looking at me. I went over to her and picked her up off of it. It was like being reunited with a lost love. I carried her all over the city, showing her some of the sites. I took her to a fancy restaurant, but she wasn't hungry. I took her to a video store of infinite movies, but she was not interested. She was distracted.

There was a blond-haired guy following us around, he seemed to be upset about us being together. I am puzzled about his identity. Ganymedes is my guess.

So we toured around, and she is very beautiful. After a time I began to desire her. I suggested that we get privacy, and I looked in the distance and saw a mountain. My vision zoomed in on the peak and I saw a house and her fancy car in the driveway. I felt it was her car, and she needed it. Not sure about the house, it may have been hers or it may have been mine or ours. Hard to say. I just knew I had to get us there for a number of reasons...

So I jumped off the cosmic mountain and down toward the earth with the Goddess in my arms. I landed on the river, and a ship came up out of the water under my foot. It began to sink and I jumped, and another ship rose up under my other foot. I began to run down the winding river, ship after ship, with the brilliance of the Goddess lighting the way. Sometimes the ship that rose up would be large, sometimes it would be just barely big enough for my foot. Sometimes it would sink before we could push off and we would have to swim a little.

We came to a point where I felt we should leave the river and proceed on foot through a dark and dangerous forest, it seemed a familiar route to the mountain top. We were about to proceed that way when the Goddess said 'I want to go that way, through the middle.' and she pointed back toward the river. I looked at the river and it seemed to split in two as a long patch of rocky dry land rose up, snaking it's way down the river.

I carried her into the river toward the long patch of land. The dreamscape began to change, and we were in a sort of carnival or fair or something. Events start to get muddled and confused. Lots of odd people partying and drinking something. I remember feeling as though I am participating in the festivities. There seemed to be a motley mixture of demonic and godlike beings.

I brought the Goddess in, and we are in a very, very large hallway. The hallway turns to the right, and there in the corner is a huge painting on the wall. Standing around it are people drinking and having a good time. I do the same.

The painting has an ornate golden frame, and is churning like a black smokey void. The Goddess is floating in front of it, looking through a tiny hole in the painting. Somehow I know that behind the paining is a hidden room. Once the entire hallway rumbled and a voice thundered from behind it. I couldn't make out what the voice said, it was too big.

In the wall just below the painting was a slot, like a mail slot in a door. Out of it came this sort of material, and there was this dark-haired guy there collecting it and shaping it into oddities and taking pictures of it. He looked very excited as he worked at a table in the hallway. That went on for a while and he would explain some things to me as he worked. I was fascinated.

Then I woke up.
I tried to get back to sleep but I couldn't. I made an entry about it and puzzled about it but I forget about it until last month when I learned of a Hindu religious festival that reminded me of the dream. It's called the Kumbh fair, and as I look into it there seems to be a synchronicity between the content of my dream and the Kumbh fair and the astrology of the time period. Does anyone have any light they can shed on any part of this? Any ideas or whatever?

Last edited:

unique75

Hard to explain such kind of dream.., My experiences? Spiritually inspiring and on some circumstances, did comes about in real life.