• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My 50th Baha’i Anniversary

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I just realized that today is the 50th anniversary of the day I became a Baha’i back in 1970.

I guess I should consider that significant and go about celebrating, but as usual I am not in the mood for celebrating owing to recent events in my life as well as ongoing issues that seem to have no resolution.

But even though I have had many ups and downs, and for the most part my life has been very difficult, one thing has remained stable for 50 years, and that is my belief in Baha’u’llah and God, even though I have as yet many issues I have to work out with God.

If anyone wants to read the story of how I became a Baha’i, I have posted that on this forum more than once, and here is one version:

Proof of Islam?

I posted this thread in General Religious Debates in case anyone wants to ask me about my beliefs and why I have them, especially in light of my ongoing issues with God. The truth is that I do not even like religion or God so if I did what I would like to do I would not even be talking about them on a religious forum. However, my life has never been about what I like, it has always been about doing what I believe is the right thing to do.

My apologies to @ Left Coast again, because more than once I promised him I would start a new thread entitled What convinced me that Baha’u’llah was a Messenger of God per his request. Sadly, my life has been in a downward spiral since I made that promise, but I still have the post I started to write so I can post it if there is still an interest whenever the time is right.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Congratulations!

Yes the same here. I have been a Bahá’í for about 45 years. It’s like once you see, you couldn’t possibly go back.

I was a devout Catholic and in early childhood learnt to love Jesus and I would know Him anywhere. His Spirit of love, sacrifice and the beautiful things He taught, became embedded and engraved in my heart forever.

So when I came across Baha’u’llah I knew straight away Who He was because I had Christ’s spiritual DNA implanted in my heart by the Catholics and it was an identical match, so I rushed to accept Him.

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I just realized that today is the 50th anniversary of the day I became a Baha’i back in 1970.

I guess I should consider that significant and go about celebrating, but as usual I am not in the mood for celebrating owing to recent events in my life as well as ongoing issues that seem to have no resolution.

But even though I have had many ups and downs, and for the most part my life has been very difficult, one thing has remained stable for 50 years, and that is my belief in Baha’u’llah and God, even though I have as yet many issues I have to work out with God.

If anyone wants to read the story of how I became a Baha’i, I have posted that on this forum more than once, and here is one version:

Proof of Islam?

I posted this thread in General Religious Debates in case anyone wants to ask me about my beliefs and why I have them, especially in light of my ongoing issues with God. The truth is that I do not even like religion or God so if I did what I would like to do I would not even be talking about them on a religious forum. However, my life has never been about what I like, it has always been about doing what I believe is the right thing to do.

My apologies to @ Left Coast again, because more than once I promised him I would start a new thread entitled What convinced me that Baha’u’llah was a Messenger of God per his request. Sadly, my life has been in a downward spiral since I made that promise, but I still have the post I started to write so I can post it if there is still an interest whenever the time is right.

Taking care of yourself is much more important than satisfying my intellectual curiosity, Trail. I am of course interested, but not at the expense of your well-being. Post when you have the time and energy.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Congratulations!

Yes the same here. I have been a Bahá’í for about 45 years. It’s like once you see, you couldn’t possibly go back.

I was a devout Catholic and in early childhood learnt to love Jesus and I would know Him anywhere. His Spirit of love, sacrifice and the beautiful things He taught, became embedded and engraved in my heart forever.

So when I came across Baha’u’llah I knew straight away Who He was because I had Christ’s spiritual DNA implanted my heart from the Catholics and it was an identical match, so I rushed to accept Him.
My husband has been a Baha'i for 55 years so he has you beat by 10 years, but hey, who's counting? :D

Interesting, my husband was raised as a Protestant, Presbyterian, but it never took with him, so in high school he set out to investigate Catholicism, and he wanted to be a Catholic. As the story goes, he told me he prayed for what God wanted and shortly thereafter he remembered that his dad, who had become a Baha'i a few years earlier, had given him the book The Wine of Astonishment and he had put it in the bottom of his foot locker, as he was in the Army. He immediately retrieved the book and shortly thereafter he became a Baha'i. He told me that William Sears had explained everything that made no sense to him in Catholicism, the sacraments and such.

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Congratulations on your 50th anniversary of becoming a Baha’i. I’ve only been a Baha’i for just over 30 years. I’ve been attending the summer school the last few days so am enjoying being around my local community but its good to have my online community too. Thanks for sticking around.

Laika

Premium Member

Proof of Islam?

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary as a Baha’i! I hope things work out for you soon. :)

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Congratulations on your 50th anniversary of becoming a Baha’i. I’ve only been a Baha’i for just over 30 years. I’ve been attending the summer school the last few days so am enjoying being around my local community but its good to have my online community too. Thanks for sticking around.

Hi Adrian! Great to see your radiant face!