• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUTIWATIR AND AUTHENTIC HADITH OF GHADIR

mojtaba

"بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم"
"و صل الله علی سیدنا و نبینا محمد، أشرف الخلائق أجمعین و علی آله الأطیبین الطاهرین المعصومین و علی صحبه المنتجبین"
The Farewell Pilgrimage
Ten years after the migration (hijrah of Prophet to Medina), the Messenger of Allah [peace and blessings of Allah be upon him and his Progeny] ordered to his close followers to call all the people in different places to join him in his last pilgrimage. On this pilgrimage he taught them how to perform the pilgrimage in a correct and unified form.

This was first time that the Muslims with this magnitude gathered in one place in the presence of their leader, the Messenger of Allah . On his way to Mekka, more than seventy thousand people followed Prophet . On the fourth day of Dhu'l-Hijjah( ذوالحجة ) more than one hundred thousand Muslims had entered Makkah.

Date
The date of this event was the 18th of Dhu'l-Hijjah of the year 10 AH (10 March 632 CE).

After completing his last pilgrimage (Hajjatul-Wada'), Prophet was leaving Makkah toward Madinah, where he and the crowd of people reached a place called Ghadir Khumm (which is close to today's al-Juhfah). It was a place where people from different provinces used to greet each other before taking different routes for their homes.

Revelation of Qur'anic Verse 5:67

In this place, the following verse of the Qur'an was revealed:

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ..." (Qur'an 5:67)

The last sentence in the above verse indicates that the Prophet was mindful of the reaction of his people in delivering that message but Allah informs him not to worry, for He will protect His Messenger from people.

Sunni references:
(1) Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, under commentary of verse 5:67, v12, pp 49-50, narrated on the authorities of Ibn Abbas, al-Bara Ibn Azib, and Muhammad Ibn Ali.
(2) Nuzul al-Quran, by al-Hafiz Abu Nu'aym narrated on the authorities Abu Sa'id Khudri and Abu Rafi.
(3) Durr al-Manthur, by al-Hafiz al-Suyuti, under commentary of verse 5:67.
(4) Fat-hul Qadir, by Ghazi Shookani, vol. 3, p. 57.
(5) Tafsir Alminar, by Sheykh Muhammad 'Abdoh Mesri, vol. 6, p. 463.
etc.

The Sermon
Upon receiving the verse, the Prophet stopped on that place (the pond of Khumm) which was extremely hot. Then he sent for all people who have been ahead in the way, to come back and waited until all pilgrims who fell behind, arrived and gathered. He ordered Salman [r] to use rocks and camel toolings to make a pulpit (minbar) so he could make his announcement. It was around noon time in the first of the Fall, and due to the extreme heat in that valley, people were wrapping their robes around their feet and legs, and were sitting around the pulpit, on the hot rocks.

On this day the Messenger of Allah spent approximately five hours in this place; three hours of which he was on the pulpit. He recited nearly one hundred verses from The Glorious Quran, and for seventy three times reminded and warned people of their deeds and future. Then he gave them a long speech.

The following is a part of his speech which has been widely narrated by the Sunni traditionists:

Tradition of the Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn)

The Messenger of Allah declared:

"It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. I am leaving for you two precious things and if you adhere to them both, you will never go astray after me. They are the Book of Allah and my Progeny, that is my Ahlul Bayt. The two shall never separate from each other until they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)."

Sunni references:

(1) Al-Mustadrak `ala al-Sahihayn, by al-Hakim al-Naysaburi, vol. 3, p. 109.
(2) Al-Khasa'is, by al-Nasa'i, p. 112 [p. 93] [p. 15].
(3) Al-Mu`jam al-Kabir, by al-Tabarani, vol. 5, pp. 185-6.
(4) Nawadir al-usul, by al-Hakim al-Tirmidhi, pp. 68-9.
(5) Majma` al-Zawa`id wa-Manba` al-Fawa'id, by al-Haythami al-Shafi`i, vol. 9, p. 165.
(6) Manaqib, by Ibn al-Maghazili al-Shafi`i, pp. 16-18.
etc.

Acknowledgement of Authority
Then the Messenger of Allah continued:

"Do I not have more right over the believers than what they have over themselves?"

People cried and answered:

"Yes, O' Messenger of God."

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH&HP) continued:

"O People! Surely Allah is my Master, and I am the Master of all believers."
(Sunni references of this part:
al-Mustadrak A’la al-Sahihain by Hakim Neyshburi, vol. 3 , p. 109.
Also, Al-Bidayah Wan-Nihayah by Imam Ibn Kathir , vol. 7, p. 386.)

Sunni references:
(1)Sahih Ibn Hibban, by Ibn Hibban, vol. 9, p. 42 [vol. 15, p. 375, no. 6931].
(2)Al-Musnad, by Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v. 4, p. 368.
(3)al-Mustadrak `ala al-Sahihayn, by al-Hakim al-Naysaburi, vol. 3, pp. 116-7.
(4)Sunan, by Ibn Majah, vol. 1, p. 43, no. 113.
(5)Al-Mu`jam al-Kabir, by al-Tabarani, vol. 5, pp. 185-6.
(5)Al-Khasa'is, by al-Nasa'i, pp. 120-1[p. 95] [p. 16].
(6)Majma` al-Zawa`id wa-Manba` al-Fawa'id, by Abu al-Hasan al-Haythami al-Shafi`i, Cairo: Maktabat al-Qudsi (10 vols), 1353 vol. 9, p. 165.
etc.

Text (nass) of the Designation

Then followed the key sentence denoting the clear designation of 'Ali as the leader of the Muslim ummah. The Prophet held up the hand of 'Ali and said:

"For whoever I am his Leader (mawla), 'Ali is his Leader (mawla)."
"O' God, love those who love him, and be hostile to those who are hostile to him."

Then, Prophet (s) addressed people and said, "Those who are here ought to deliver this message to those who are absent."
(Sunni references of this part:
Mizan al-'i 'tidal by Zahabi, vol.3, p.224
Majma` al-Zawa`id wa-Manba` al-Fawa'id, by al-Haythami al-Shafi`i, vol. 9, p. 165.
etc.)

Sunni references:
(1)al-Ta'rikh al-kabir, by al-Bukhari, Haydarabad: Da'irat al-Ma`arif al-`Uthmaniyyah, 1361-65 vol. 1, part 1, p. 375.
(2)Al-Musnad, by Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, vol. 5, p. 366.
(3)al-Mustadrak `ala al-Sahihayn, by al-Hakim al-Naysaburi, vol. 3, pp. 116-7.
(4)Sunan, by Ibn Majah, Cairo, 1952 CE, vol. 1, p. 45 no. 118.
(5)Al-Khasa'is, by al-Nasa'i, pp. 120-1[p. 95] [p. 16].
(6)Fath al-Bari Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari, by Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani, Dar ihya al-turath al-`arabi, 1408/1988 vol. 7, p. 61.
(7)Al-Jami` (also called al-Sahih or al-Sunan), by al-Tirmidhi, Cairo: Dar Ihya' al-turath al-`arabi, n.d. vol. 5, p. 633, no. 3646 [vol. 5, p. 297].
(8)Al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqa, by Ibn Hajar al-Makki al-Shafi`i, Cairo: Maktabah al-Qahirah, 1955 CE p. 122 [p. 84].
etc.

Revelation of Qur'anic Verse 5:3
Immediately after the Prophet finished his speech, the following verse of the Qur'an was revealed:

"Today I have perfected your religion and completed my favour upon you, and I was satisfied that Islam be your religion." (Qur'an 5:3)

Sunni references:
(1)Tarikh Baghdad, by al-Khatib al-Baghdadi, vol. 8, p. 290.
(2)Al-Bidayah wal-Nihayah fi al-Tarikh, by Ibn Kathir, Cairo: Matba`at al-Sa`adah (14 vols), 1932- vol. 5, p. 213.
(3)Tadhkirat khawass al-'ummah, by Sibt ibn al-Jawzi Hanafi, p. 18.
(4)Tafsir al-Qur'an al-'Azim, by ibn Kathir Shafe'i, vol. 2, p. 14, narrated on the authorities of 'Abi Sa'id and 'Abi Hurayreh.
etc.

The above verse clearly indicates that Islam without clearing up matter of leadership after Prophet was not complete, and completion of religion was due to announcement of the Prophet's immediate successor.

Oath of Allegiance

After his speech, the Messenger of Allah asked every body to give the oath of allegiance to Ali(a.s.) and congratulate him. Among those who gave him the oath were Umar, Abu Bakr, and Uthman.
It is narrated that Umar and Abu Bakr said:

"Well done Ibn Abi Talib! Today you became the leader (Mawla) of all believing men and women."

Sunni references:
(1) Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v4, p281
(2) Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v12, pp 49-50
(3) Mishkat al-Masabih, by al-Khatib al-Tabrizi, p557
(4) Habib al-Siyar, by Mir Khand, v1, part3, p144
etc.

Wa al-Hamdu Lillahi Rabbil 'Alamin( i.e. All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds ).
WasSalamu 'Ala Man Ittaba'a al-Huda( i.e. May peace be upon him who follows guidance! ).

mojtaba

"Eid al-Ghadeer Mubarak"https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...OHbYLVzEsxU4YhkoA&sig2=Iwdp_E1CQECUMw6Mir_x_g

%D8%BA%D8%AF%DB%8C%D8%B1_%D8%AE%D9%85.jpg

Last edited:

Tomorrows_Child

Each of the sahabah have a special place in the hearts of all Muslims and Prophet Muhammad PBUH himself mentioned many of them as our leaders, labeling Abu Bakr RA as a man who would have been Prophet if Allah and not ended Prophethood with Prophet Muhammad PBUH. Ali, Uthman, Bilal, Umar and many others, may Allah be pleased with them all have been bestowed various similar honours.

So, I assume the point you are trying to make here is that Ali RA should have been Khalifah following the passing of Prophet Muhammad PBUH and ye, he, Ali, himself had no problem with Abu Bakr, Umar or Uthman as his leaders and leaders of the ummah. In fact, when Uthman RA was besieged, he sent his own sons the Imams Hussain and Hussan RA, to guard him. He even threw his hat/turban/head covering into the courtyard of the house of Uthman RA, when the home was under siege to let Uthman know that Ali stood with him. When the terrible martyrdom of Uthman occurred and Ali RA heard, he marched to meet his two sons and struck them, scolding them for not having protected Uthman RA.

So what is the point? If Ali was happy with who was leading him why are you unhappy? Is Ali higher than Bilal, Uthman, Umar, Abu Bakr and the other sahabahs? Our teachings as Sunnis is simple, we love and respect all these great men and women and each one has been given a particular status, neither higher nor lower than the others.

mojtaba

Salamun Alayka brother.

Firstly it should be said that we as Shia believe that Sunnis are our brothers and sisters. We are one Ummah and our God, Prophet, Holy book and Qiblah are same.

Each of the sahabah have a special place in the hearts of all Muslims
Imam Ali is not a Sahabi(i.e., Companion of Prophet Muhammad). He is between Ahlul Bayt who are infallible and Allah has said about them: Allah only desires to repel all impurity from you, O Ahl al-Bayt, and purify you with a thorough purification.( Holy Quran, Sura Al-Ahzab, verse 33 )

Sahih Muslim, English reference : Book 31, Hadith 5955:

' A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle (s) went out one morning wearing a striped cloak of the black camel's hair, then came Husayn and he wrapped him under it along with the other one (Imam Hasan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came Ali and he also took him under it and then said:
" Allah only desires to repel all impurity from you, O Ahl al-Bayt, and purify you with a thorough purification.( Holy Quran, Sura Al-Ahzab, verse 33 )
"

and Prophet Muhammad PBUH himself mentioned many of them as our leaders.
Umar and your great scholars have said that there is not any Nass(divine text, i.e., verses of Qur'an and also Hadith) about leadership of Abu Bakr.

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:
إِنْ أَسْتَخْلِفْ فَقَدْ اسْتَخْلَفَ مَنْ هُوَ خَيْرٌ مِنِّي أَبُو بَكْرٍ وَإِنْ أَتْرُكْ فَقَدْ تَرَكَ مَنْ هُوَ خَيْرٌ مِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صل الله علیه و سلم​
It was said to `Umar, "Will you appoint your successor?" `Umar said, "If I appoint a Caliph (as my successor) it is true that somebody who was better than I, i.e., Abu Bakr, did so, and if I leave the matter undecided, it is true that somebody who was better than I, i.e., Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), did so."
(Source: Sahih al-Bukhari, Book of Judgments (Ahkaam), Chapter: The appointment of a caliph, Hadith 78)

But, it should be said that Prophet Muhammad said to Muslims his Caliphs and said that, until the Hour (day of resurrection), the number of his successors are 12( See: The Twelve Imams ) and the first of them is Ali( See Mutiwatir and authentic Hadith of ghadir )

imam Taftazani, one of the greatest sunni scholars says: There is not any Nass for Abu Bakr(والنص منتف في حق أبي بكر).
(Reference: Sharhul Maghsid, vol. 5, pg. 255)

and Prophet Muhammad PBUH himself mentioned many of them as our leaders, labeling Abu Bakr RA as a man who would have been Prophet if Allah and not ended Prophethood with Prophet Muhammad PBUH.
Source?

How Abu Bakr could have been a Prophet while he himself when he became caliph said: ' أقيلوني ولست بخيركم[ Leave me, and I am not the best one between you ] '.
Sunni sources:
1.MajmauzZawa'id, vol. 5, pg. 183
2.Sirah ibn Hisham, vol.2, pg. 661
3.Al-Mo'jam al-Awsat by imam Tabarani, vol. 7, pg. 267.
4.Kenzul Imal, vol. 5, pg.631.
etc.

Or he said:' قد وُلِّيتُ أمركم ولست بخيركم[ I have ruled upon you while I am not the best one between you ] '.
Sunni sources:
1.Al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah by ibn Kathir, vol. 5, pg. 269.
2.Tabaghat ibn Sa'd, vol. 3, pg. 182
3.Kenzul Imal, vol. 5, pg.636.
4.Tafseer al-Gherbeti, vol.3, pg. 262.
etc.

But see this Sahih Hadith about Imam Ali:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) addressing 'Ali said: أَنْتَ مِنِّي بِمَنْزِلَةِ هَارُونَ مِنْ مُوسَى إِلاَّ أَنَّهُ لاَ نَبِيَّ بَعْدِي [You are to me, in the position that Harun was to Musa, except that there is no Prophet after me.].
Sunni Sources:
1. Sahih Muslim, The Book of the Merits of the Companions, Chapter: The Virtues Of 'Ali Bin Abi Talib, Hadith 47.
2. Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Chapters on Virtues, Hadith 3730( author of the book writes:' This hadith is Hasan and Sahih').

Ali, Uthman, Bilal, Umar and many others, may Allah be pleased with them all have been bestowed various similar honors.
Prophet said:
Ali is from me, and I am from Ali.(أَنْتَ مِنِّي وَ أَنَا مِنْكَ)
(Source: Sahih al-Bukhari, Book of Companions of the Prophet, Chapter: The merits of 'Ali bin Abi Talib, Hadith 1)

He also said: 'What do you want from Ali?! Ali is certainly from me, and I am from him, and he is Leader of all faithfuls.'(مَا تُرِيدُونَ مِنْ عَلِيٍّ ، إِنَّ عَلِيًّا مِنِّي ، وَأَنَا مِنْهُ وَ وَلِيُّ كُلِّ مُؤْمِنٍ)
(author of the book says: This Hadith is Sahih, according to Muslim opinion)
(Source: al-Mustadrak `ala al-Sahihayn by al-Hakim al-Naysaburi, Book of Companions of the Prophet, Chapter: The merits of 'Ali bin Abi Talib)

So, I assume the point you are trying to make here is that Ali RA should have been Khalifah following the passing of Prophet Muhammad PBUH
Prophet Muhammad said to Ali:
You are Wali of all faithfuls after me.( أنت ولي كل مؤمن بعدي ومؤمنة)
author of the book says: This Hadith is Sahih al-Isnad
(Source: al-Mustadrak `ala al-Sahihayn by al-Hakim al-Naysaburi, Book of Companions of the Prophet, Chapter: The merits of 'Ali bin Abi Talib)

Also Zahabi in Takhlis of al-Mustadrak of Hakim, and Albani in his book( Al-Silsilatul Sahihah, vol. 5, pg. 222) have said that this hadith is Sahih(authentic).

But what means Wali?
Abu Bakr: I Wallaytu[ verb, and its noun is Wali ](i.e., have ruled) upon you while I am not the best one between you.

Sunni sources:
1.Al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah by ibn Kathir, vol. 5, pg. 269.
2.Tabaghat ibn Sa'd, vol. 3, pg. 182
3.Kenzul Imal, vol. 5, pg.636.
4.Tafseer al-Gherbeti, vol.3, pg. 262.
etc.

So Wali means leader and ruler.

and ye, he, Ali, himself had no problem with Abu Bakr, Umar or Uthman as his leaders and leaders of the ummah. In fact, when Uthman RA was besieged, he sent his own sons the Imams Hussain and Hussan RA, to guard him. He even threw his hat/turban/head covering into the courtyard of the house of Uthman RA, when the home was under siege to let Uthman know that Ali stood with him. When the terrible martyrdom of Uthman occurred and Ali RA heard, he marched to meet his two sons and struck them, scolding them for not having protected Uthman RA.
That narration is fake.
Sources of narration:
Tarikh al-MadinatulMunawwarah by al-Numeyri al-Basri, vol. 2, pg. 301.
Ansabul Ashrab by al-Balaziri, vol. 2, pg. 284.
Al-Aghdul Farid, vol. 4, pg. 273.

Isnad of narration is weak. Isnad is:
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يُوسُفَ بْنِ سُلَيْمَانَ، وَأَحْمَدُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ الرَّمَادِيُّ، قَالا: حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامُ بْنُ عَمَّارِ بْنِ نُصَيْرٍ، قال: حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عِيسَي بْنِ سُمَيْعٍ الْقُرَشِيُّ، قَالَ: حَدَّثَنِي ابْنُ أَبِي ذِئْبٍ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، عَنْ سَعِيدِ بْنِ الْمُسَيِّبِ​
Muhammad ibn Yusuf ibn Sulayman, and Ahmad ibn Mansur have narrated to us that Hisham ibn Ammar said that, Muhammad ibn Isa ibn Somay' said that Ibn Abi Ze'b has narrated to me ... .
al-Numeyri, after narrating this narration in his book says:
وَهَذَا حَدِيثٌ كَثِيرُ التَّخْلِيطِ، مُنْكَرُ الإِسْنَادِ لا يُعْرَفُ صَاحِبُهُ الَّذِي رَوَاهُ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي ذِئْبٍ، وَأَمَّا ابْنُ أَبِي ذِئْبٍ وَمَنْ فَوْقَهُ فَأَقْوِيَاءُ​
And this Hadith is a mixture of truth and untruth,[and] Isnad of this Hadith( the chain of narrators of the Hadith) is unacceptable and who has narrated from ابْنُ أَبِي ذِئْبٍ(Ibn Abi Ze'b)[i.e., مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عِيسَي بْنِ سُمَيْعٍ Muhammad ibn Isa ibn Somay'] is unknown.
(Reference: Tarikh al-MadinatulMunawwarah by al-Numeyri al-Basri, vol. 2, pg. 301.)

Also, Abul Wafa Ibrahim ibn Muhammad al-Halabi al-Tirablosi has mentioned مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عِيسَي بْنِ سُمَيْعٍ(Muhammad ibn Isa ibn Somay') between who make fake Hadiths.
(Reference: At-Tabiin LiAsma'il Mudallisin by Abul Wafa Ibrahim ibn Muhammad al-Halabi al-Tirablosi, vol. 1, pg. 193 )

Last edited:

mojtaba

So what is the point? If Ali was happy with who was leading him why are you unhappy? Is Ali higher than Bilal, Uthman, Umar, Abu Bakr and the other sahabahs? Our teachings as Sunnis is simple, we love and respect all these great men and women and each one has been given a particular status, neither higher nor lower than the others.
This is the point:
Sahih Muslim, The Book of Jihad and Expeditions:
Then he(i.e., Umar) adjured Abbas and 'Ali as he had adjured the other persons and asked: Do you both know this? They said: Yes.
He said: When the Messenger of Allah (S) passed away, Abu Bakr said:" I am the successor of the Messenger of Allah (S)." Both of you came to demand your shares from the property (left behind by the Messenger of Allah). (Referring to Hadhrat 'Abbas), he said: You demanded your share from the property of your nephew, and he (referring to Hadhrat 'Ali) demanded a share on behalf of his wife from the property of her father. Abu Bakr said: The Messenger of Allah (S) had said:" We do not have any heirs; what we leave behind is (to be given in) charity." So both of you see him( i.e., Abu Bakr ) to be a liar, sinful, treacherous and dishonest. ....When Abu Bakr passed away and (I have become) the successor of the Messenger of Allah (S) and Abu Bakr , you see me(i.e., Umar) to be a liar, sinful, treacherous and dishonest.

Consider that the truth is with Ali and Ali is with the truth and truth goes wherever he goes(i.e., Imam Ali is the truth, itself).

Prophet(peace be upon him and his pure Ahlul Bayt) said: "رحم الله علياً. اللهم أدر الحق معه حيث دار"
"May Allah bless Ali. O Allah! twist the truth with him wherever he goes."

Hakim, the author of the book says: This Hadith is Sahih.
(One of the sources of the Hadith: al-Mustadrak `ala al-Sahihayn by al-Hakim al-Naysaburi, vol. 4, pg. 94 )

Also he(peace be upon him and his pure Ahlul Bayt) said: "علي مع القرآن والقرآن مع علي لن يتفرقا حتى يردا علي الحوض"
"Ali is with Qur'an and Qur'an is with Ali. The two shall never separate from each other until they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)."

Hakim the author of the book says: This Hadith is Sahih.
(One of the sources of the Hadith: al-Mustadrak `ala al-Sahihayn by al-Hakim al-Naysaburi, vol. 4, pg. 93)

Last edited:

mojtaba

Some of the Sunnite scholars who interpreted the word 'Mowla' in the narration of Qadir as the intended concept of Shiites are as follow

1, Imam Abu Hamed Qazali (505 Hejrah)

He as it has been mentioned pertaining to his biography is one of the Sunnite great figures and scholars who has said in such a manner that;

لكن أسفرت الحجة وجهها وأجمع الجماهير على متن الحديث من خطبته في يوم غدير خم باتفاق الجميع وهو يقول: من كنت مولاه فعلي مولاه. فقال عمر: بخ بخ يا أبا الحسن لقد أصبحت مولاي ومولى كل مؤمن ومؤمنة. فهذا تسليم ورضى وتحكيم. ثم بعد هذا غلب الهوى لحب الرياسة وحمل عمود الخلافة وعقود البنود وخفقان الهوى في قعقعة الرايات واشتباك ازدحام الخيول وفتح الأمصار سقاهم كأس الهوى، فعادوا إلى الخلاف الأول فنبذوه وراء ظهورهم، واشتروا به ثمنا قليلا.​

But the truth became evident and the crowd of people gathered to hear the discourse text of the narration in the day of Qadir Khom which is agreed upon it by the whole people (in that discourse) the holy prophet of GOD states that; whoever I am his Mawla then Ali is his Mawla and in this moment Omar said to Ali; O Abu Al-Hasan. Congratulations, congratulations, from now you are my Mawla (Imam) and the Mawla of every faithful man and woman.

This Omar’s sentence in fact, indicates his satisfaction, admission and surrender to this command but after that the low desires and love of domination overcame him and he put the pillar of the Caliphate on his own shoulder and the contracts and promises have been forgotten in the silence of low desires and evil wills and among the sound of the clashing spears and the crowd of horses, armies and military expeditions and they became completely irrigated from the wine of low desires and wicked wills

And that is why, the people returned to the first day and same initial divisions and they have broken their own promises and contacts and sold them in a low price

-Majmuat Rasael Al-Emam Al-Ghazali, Ketab Ser Al-Alamin, p 483, Tabaat Mosahahat Monghehat, Ebrahim Amin Muhammad, Al-Maktab Al-Tofighiye

While Sabt Ibn Jozi has thoroughly attributed the book Sir Al-Alemin to Qazali he also mentioned his exact comments as well as he quoted his remark with no rejection

وذكر أبو حامد الغزالي في كتاب سر العالمين وكشف ما في الدارين ألفاظا تشبه هذا. فقال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم لعلي يوم غدير خم: من كنت مولاه فعلي مولاه. فقال عمر بن الخطاب: بخ بخ يا أبا الحسن أصبحت مولاي ومولى كل مؤمن ومؤمنة. قال: وهذا تسليم ورضى وتحكيم، ثم بعد هذا غلب الهوى حبا للرياسة وعقد البنود وخفقان الرايات وازدحام الخيول في فتح الأمصار وأمر الخلافة ونهيها، فحملهم على الخلاف فنبذوه وراء ظهورهم واشتروا به ثمنا قليلا فبئس ما يشترون.​

Abu Hamed Qazali has mentioned in his own book Sir Al-Alemin Va Kashf Ma Fe Al-Darayn some words similar to these comments. The holy prophet of GOD (peace and bless of GOD be upon him and his progeny) stated to Ali in the day of Qadir Khom that; whoever I am his Mawla then this Ali is his Mawla

This Omar’s sentence in fact, indicates his satisfaction, admission and surrender to this command but after that the low desires and love of domination overcame him and he put the pillar of the Caliphate on his own shoulder and the contracts and promises have been forgotten in the silence of low desires and evil wills and among the sound of the clashing spears and the crowd of horses, armies and military expeditions and they became completely irrigated from the wine of low desires and wicked wills

And that is why, the people returned to the first day and same initial divisions and they have broken their own promises and contacts and sold them in a low price

-Tazkerat Khavas Al-Emamat, p 62

While Zahabi is impacted by the character of Qazali but he had no choice except to justify as below thus, after mentioning the above comments in his own book says in this manner that;

وما أدري ما عذره في هذا؟ والظاهر أنه رجع عنه، وتبع الحق، فإن الرجل من بحور العلم، والله أعلم.​

I do not know what kind of excuse does Qazali have for this statement? And seemingly he has returned from this view and once again he has obeyed the truth and indeed he is of the seas of science. And GOD knows better

-Seir Alam Al-Nobala, Zahabi, v 19 p 328

The personality of Abu Hamed Qazali from the standpoint of the Sunnite scholars

Yafei says pertaining to the biography of Qazali that

وفضائل الإمام حجة الاسلام أبي حامد الغزالي رضي الله عنه أكثر من أن تحصر، وأشهر من أن تشهر. وقد روينا من الشيخ الفقيه الإمام العارف بالله، رفيع المقام الذي اشتهرت كرامته العظيمة وترادفت وقال للشمس يوما قفي فوقفت حتى بلغ المنزل الذي يريد من مكان بعيد.​

The virtues of Imam Hojat Al-Islam Abu Hamed Qazali (may GOD be pleased with him) are more which go beyond the limitation and are well-known to be introduced and the virtues of this Shakh Faqih (religious jurist) Imam and the learned man of GOD are so eminent and as high as the sun and once he said to the sun; stay in the sky and the sun stayed in the sky until he reached to his own destination situated in a far distance

-Marat Al-Janan, Havadeth Sonat 505

Souti says pertaining to the personality of Qazali that;

وعلى رأس الخامسة الإمام أبو حامد الغزالي، وذلك لتميزه بكثرة المصنفات البديعات، وغوصه في بحور العلم... حتى قال بعض العلماء الأكابر الجامعين بين العلم الظاهر والباطن: لو كان بعد النبي صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم نبي لكان الغزالي، وأنه يحصل ثبوت معجزاته ببعض مصنفاته.​

And Imam Abu Hamed Qazali is on the top of the fifth group and this is due to his new works and his deep meditation in the seas of science… and so far as some of the great scholars of inward as well as outward knowledge have said pertaining to him that;

If there was a prophet after the holy prophet of GOD in fact, that person was Qazali and some of his own miracles are evident through his books and works

-Al-Tanbea be Man Yabetha Allah Ala Ras Kol Mae, Siuti, p 12

Zarqani says pertaining to the character of Qazali that;

ذكر له الأسنوي في «المهمات» ترجمة حسنة منها: هو قطب الوجود والبركة الشاملة لكل موجود، وروح خلاصة أهل الإيمان، والطريق الموصل إلى رضا الرحمن، يتقرب به إلى الله تعالى كل صديق، ولا يبغضه إلا ملحد أو زنديق. مات بطوس سنة 505.​

Osnavi in the book Al-Mohemat has presented a sound translation and very adequate biography pertaining to Qazali and says in this manner that; he is a pillar of the existence and enjoys a blessing which encompass every beings and he is the abstract soul of the believer men and the path unto the satisfaction of Allah the almighty and each trustful man is able to reach to Allah via him and no one expresses grudge and hatred to him except a Zendiq or an apostate and he passed away in the year 505 Hejrah in Tus.

-Sharh Al-Mavaheb Al-Ledonya, v 1 p 36

Sir Al-Alemin is Qazali’s book

And there is no doubt or uncertainty in attribution of the book Sir Al-Alemin to Qazali because,

Zahabi in Mizan Al-Etedal, v 1 p 500 and Sayr Alam Alnabla, v 19 p 328, p 403 and Lesan Al-Mizan, v 2, p 215 and iBn Jozi in Tazkrah Khavas Alomah, p 62 and Esmaeil Pasha Baqdadi in Ezah Al-maknon , v 2, p 11, p 80 have emphasized upon this point

Last edited:

Union

Congrad Mojtaba . You made your point very clear . Sunni can't stand against all the evidences from their own books (+ much more you have in your bag for sure :)) in favor of Ali's Khilafat that Prophet Muhammad appointed him for so .

mojtaba

Congrad Mojtaba . You made your point very clear . Sunni can't stand against all the evidences from their own books (+ much more you have in your bag for sure :)) in favor of Ali's Khilafat that Prophet Muhammad appointed him for so .
Thank you.:hibiscus:
It should be said that Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him and his progeny) did not appoint Imam Ali for Khilaphah.Rather, Allah(swt) appointed him and Prophet Muhammad delivered what has been sent down to him from his Lord.

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ..."(Qur'an 5:67)

Union

Thank you.:hibiscus:
It should be said that Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him and his progeny) did not appoint Imam Ali for Khilaphah.Rather, Allah(swt) appointed him and Prophet Muhammad delivered what has been sent down to him from his Lord.

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ..."(Qur'an 5:67)

Well in that case I may differ . Ali's succession may well be confined within Shia and Sunni books but nothing to do with Qur'an . As quran is the message of ALLAH , swt ,and not Hadith/Tafsir , ALLAH , swt , cared a little to mention about it . Remember the appointment of Prophet Haroon mentioned as his brother Prophet Moses' assistant [Q.25:35] and Taloot , the companion of Prophet Moses to be the king of Bani Israel [Q.2:247] , but ALLAH , swt, just ignored to mention Ali the successor to Prophet Muhammad . Why ? Because Islam had fulfilled with Prophet Muhammad , story finished .

mojtaba

Well in that case I may differ . Ali's succession may well be confined within Shia and Sunni books but nothing to do with Qur'an .
Your saying is not rational. According to your belief, all professors, docters, instructers, students and scholars of history are wasting their time!!!

You are rejecting the history of Islam. Is this rational?!

According to holy Qur'an, we should follow the remnant of the knowledge of the past,

[46:4]Bring me a Book before this, or some remnant of a knowledge, if you speak truly.

In this verse, 'Book' refers to divine books like Qur'an and 'remnant of a knowledge' refers to the historical books.

As quran is the message of ALLAH , swt ,and not Hadith/Tafsir , ALLAH , swt , cared a little to mention about it . Remember the appointment of Prophet Haroon mentioned as his brother Prophet Moses' assistant [Q.25:35] and Taloot , the companion of Prophet Moses to be the king of Bani Israel [Q.2:247] , but ALLAH , swt, just ignored to mention Ali the successor to Prophet Muhammad . Why ? Because Islam had fulfilled with Prophet Muhammad , story finished .

Because you do not consider the Islamic history, you think that Qur'an has cared a little to mention about the Successors of the Prophet. According to Holy Qur'an, Prophet Muhammad was the teacher of Qur'an,

[3:164] Allah certainly favoured the faithful when He raised up among them an apostle from among themselves to recite to them His signs and to purify them and teach them the Book and wisdom, and earlier they had indeed been in manifest error.

[16:44]We have sent down the reminder[Qur'an] to you so that you may clarify for the people that which has been sent down to them[ in Qur'an ], so that they may reflect.

This is one of the responsibilities of Prophet Muhammad that theach and clarify the verses of Qur'an to us.

If you want to reject all historical books which say us the sayings of the Prophet, go ahead. But I think this is not a rational manner.

Last edited:

Union

Your saying is not rational. According to your belief, all professors, docters, instructers, students and scholars of history are wasting their time!!!

You are rejecting the history of Islam. Is this rational?!

According to holy Qur'an, we should follow the remnant of the knowledge of the past,

[46:4]Bring me a Book before this, or some remnant of a knowledge, if you speak truly.

In this verse, 'Book' refers to divine books like Qur'an and 'remnant of a knowledge' refers to the historical books.

History and story are separate issues compared to the messages of Qur’an . There is no problem to seek knowledge from anyone / any source but when it refers the tenet of Islam, it has to be in the Qur’an . In this particular case , Shia deem Imamate of Ali to be one of the fundamental doctrines of Islam while ALLAH , swt, stopped by declaring the Prophet hood of Muhammad and commanded Muslim to accept it immediately while left the other .

Hence Khilafate of Ali in the history might be an important issue to ponder but not as a tenet of Islam .

Because you do not consider the Islamic history, you think that Qur'an has cared a little to mention about the Successors of the Prophet. According to Holy Qur'an, Prophet Muhammad was the teacher of Qur'an,

[3:164] Allah certainly favoured the faithful when He raised up among them an apostle from among themselves to recite to them His signs and to purify them and teach them the Book and wisdom, and earlier they had indeed been in manifest error.

[16:44]We have sent down the reminder[Qur'an] to you so that you may clarify for the people that which has been sent down to them[ in Qur'an ], so that they may reflect.

This is one of the responsibilities of Prophet Muhammad that theach and clarify the verses of Qur'an to us.

If you want to reject all historical books which say us the sayings of the Prophet, go ahead. But I think this is not a rational manner.

‘Teaching’, ‘Clarifying’ etc. are associated to the Qur’an and not the Hadith . Imagine a scenario of a Q/A session:

Imam Ali: Prophet, Who is ALLAH?
Prophet Muhammad: He is the One and Only GOD….[Q112.1]

Imam Ali: How to recite Shahada ?
Prophet Muhammad: La Ilaha Illa ALLAH [Q3.18]

Imam Ali: What is the purpose of Salah ?
Prophet Muhammad: To remember ALLAH [Q20.14]

…………………………………

Prophet was teaching and clarifying from the Qur'an and not from his own interpretation at all .When Prophet Muhammad was teaching or clarifying Qur’an , Sunni think that he was teaching Sahih Bukhari and Shia think that he was teaching Al-Kafi . In truth that was not the case.

Shia and Sunni think Qur’an is a vague book with no sense to read without Hadith while ALLAH swt thinks otherwise:

Qur’an is explained in detail [Q6.114,7.52,17.89,18.54 etc]

Qur'an is sufficient [Q6.19,41.03 etc]

Qur’an is the best Tafsir [Q25.33]

Qur’an is the best Hadith [Q39.23]

Qur’an guides to the best path [Q17.09]

Qur’an is revealed with GOD’s knowledge which is ample/complete[Q4.166]

And many more …Thanks .

mojtaba

But when it refers the tenet of Islam, it has to be in the Qur’an .
The source of your saying in Qur'an?

In this particular case , Shia deem Imamate of Ali to be one of the fundamental doctrines of Islam while ALLAH , swt, stopped by declaring the Prophet hood of Muhammad and commanded Muslim to accept it immediately while left the other .
Hence Khilafate of Ali in the history might be an important issue to ponder but not as a tenet of Islam .

4:59
O you who have faith! Obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those vested with authority among you.

This verse clearly says that we should obey those vested with authority among us.

Because Prophet Muhammad was the teacher of Qur'an, he said to Muslims that 'those vested with authority' are his 12 Successors. The names of these Successors has mentioned in both Shia and Sunni books.

‘Teaching’, ‘Clarifying’ etc. are associated to the Qur’an and not the Hadith . Imagine a scenario of a Q/A session:

Imam Ali: Prophet, Who is ALLAH?
Prophet Muhammad: He is the One and Only GOD….[Q112.1]

Imam Ali: How to recite Shahada ?
Prophet Muhammad: La Ilaha Illa ALLAH [Q3.18]

Imam Ali: What is the purpose of Salah ?
Prophet Muhammad: To remember ALLAH [Q20.14]

…………………………………

Prophet was teaching and clarifying from the Qur'an and not from his own interpretation at all .When Prophet Muhammad was teaching or clarifying Qur’an , Sunni think that he was teaching Sahih Bukhari and Shia think that he was teaching Al-Kafi . In truth that was not the case.

[5:38]As for the thief, man or woman, cut off their hands as a requital for what they have earned. [That is] an exemplary punishment from Allah, and Allah is allmighty, all-wise.

Answer my questions regarding this verse only by Qur'an.

What is the measure in which the hand should be amputated?

Shia and Sunni think Qur’an is a vague book with no sense to read without Hadith while ALLAH swt thinks otherwise:

Qur’an is explained in detail [Q6.114,7.52,17.89,18.54 etc]

Qur'an is sufficient [Q6.19,41.03 etc]

Qur’an is the best Tafsir [Q25.33]

Qur’an is the best Hadith [Q39.23]

Qur’an guides to the best path [Q17.09]

Qur’an is revealed with GOD’s knowledge which is ample/complete[Q4.166]

And many more …Thanks .
Qur'an is a complete Book, but needs its true teacher, as Qur'an itself says.

Prophet is a Radiant Lamp[33:46]

Prophet is the teacher of Qur'an[2:129/ 3:164/ 62:2]

Prophet is who clarify Qur'an[16:44]

Whoever obeys the Apostle certainly obeys Allah[4:80]

Prophet is certainly a good example for true Muslims[33:21]

Prophet's spirite was the destination of the Divine revelation[2:97/ 26:194]

etc.

Last edited:

Union

The source of your saying in Qur'an?

Dozens of verses can assert this truth in the Qur'an , but the following one is enough to mention at this moment :

[003:007] He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - they are the substance of the Book - and others (which are) allegorical. But those in whose hearts is doubt pursue, forsooth, that which is allegorical seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking to explain it. None knoweth its explanation save Allah. And those who are of sound instruction say: We believe therein; the whole is from our Lord; but only men of understanding really heed.

Hence according to the Qur'an , there are two types of verses within :

01- First category (Muhakama*decisive/lawful/rulegiving ) dealt with the clear verses which are comprehensible to everybody . These are the main substances of Islam (e.g., Aqida , Halal , Haram etc.) .

02- The rest are allegorical/obscure/materialistic (Mutasabiha) which are comprehensible to the men endowed with knowledge in that specific field . Examples , verses dealt with astronomy would be vivid to the scientists of that field and not the the doctors , whereas verses related to embryology etc. will be vivid to the doctors and physicians and not to others .

4:59
O you who have faith! Obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those vested with authority among you.

This verse clearly says that we should obey those vested with authority among us.

Because Prophet Muhammad was the teacher of Qur'an, he said to Muslims that 'those vested with authority' are his 12 Successors. The names of these Successors has mentioned in both Shia and Sunni books.

As I told you before Shia interpret Qur'an to suit what they believe and so do Sunni . Verse 4.59 has absolutely nothing to do with 12 Imams or 4 Caliphs etc . It is a general implicated verse , wise and vast in meaning . Hold on , I got this Sahih Hadith which 1.5 Billion Sunni believe regarding this verse , but do you believe that ? Of course not , because it doesn't suit your Shia made doctrine :

Sahih Bukhari 6.108 :
Narrated Ibn `Abbas: The Verse: “Obey Allah and Obey the Apostle and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority.” (4.59) was revealed in connection with `Abdullah bin Hudhafa bin Qais bin `Adi’ when the Prophet appointed him as the commander of a Sariyya (army detachment).

As per the above Sahih Sunni Hadith the Ulul Amr in verse 4.59 was Abdullah bin Hudhafa bin Qais bin `Adi .

[5:38]As for the thief, man or woman, cut off their hands as a requital for what they have earned. [That is] an exemplary punishment from Allah, and Allah is allmighty, all-wise.

Answer my questions regarding this verse only by Qur'an.

What is the measure in which the hand should be amputated?
http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...of-theft-in-quran-cut-off-their-hands.158448/
Rationalizing the punishment of theft in Quran : Cut-off their Hands

Qur'an is a complete Book, but needs its true teacher, as Qur'an itself says.

Prophet is a Radiant Lamp[33:46]

Prophet is the teacher of Qur'an[2:129/ 3:164/ 62:2]

Prophet is who clarify Qur'an[16:44]

Whoever obeys the Apostle certainly obeys Allah[4:80]

Prophet is certainly a good example for true Muslims[33:21]

Prophet's spirite was the destination of the Divine revelation[2:97/ 26:194]

etc.

Qur'an is a complete book , as you admitted , but also needs corrupted book like Al-Bukhari/Al-Kafi to be completed .Contradicting , isn't it ?

mojtaba

Dozens of verses can assert this truth in the Qur'an , but the following one is enough to mention at this moment :

[003:007] He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - they are the substance of the Book - and others (which are) allegorical. But those in whose hearts is doubt pursue, forsooth, that which is allegorical seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking to explain it. None knoweth its explanation save Allah. And those who are of sound instruction say: We believe therein; the whole is from our Lord; but only men of understanding really heed.

Hence according to the Qur'an , there are two types of verses within :

01- First category (Muhakama*decisive/lawful/rulegiving ) dealt with the clear verses which are comprehensible to everybody . These are the main substances of Islam (e.g., Aqida , Halal , Haram etc.) .

02- The rest are allegorical/obscure/materialistic (Mutasabiha) which are comprehensible to the men endowed with knowledge in that specific field . Examples , verses dealt with astronomy would be vivid to the scientists of that field and not the the doctors , whereas verses related to embryology etc. will be vivid to the doctors and physicians and not to others .
Is appointing of the Qiblah Muhkam or Mutishabih?

As I told you before Shia interpret Qur'an to suit what they believe and so do Sunni . Verse 4.59 has absolutely nothing to do with 12 Imams or 4 Caliphs etc . It is a general implicated verse , wise and vast in meaning . Hold on , I got this Sahih Hadith which 1.5 Billion Sunni believe regarding this verse , but do you believe that ? Of course not , because it doesn't suit your Shia made doctrine :

Sahih Bukhari 6.108 :
Narrated Ibn `Abbas: The Verse: “Obey Allah and Obey the Apostle and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority.” (4.59) was revealed in connection with `Abdullah bin Hudhafa bin Qais bin `Adi’ when the Prophet appointed him as the commander of a Sariyya (army detachment).

As per the above Sahih Sunni Hadith the Ulul Amr in verse 4.59 was Abdullah bin Hudhafa bin Qais bin `Adi .
That saying is not a Hadith. So it is out of context.

But the names of Ulul Amr is in the Hadith of Prophet, and whoever obeys the Apostle certainly obeys Allah[4:80]

This article only says a possibility of the punishment and as itself says, that is only another Possibility, nothing else.

Qur'an is a complete book , as you admitted , but also needs corrupted book like Al-Bukhari/Al-Kafi to be completed .Contradicting , isn't it ?
Qur'an is complete, as I mentioned, but when a book is complete, this does not mean that it does not need a teacher. Qur'an itself says that it is complete, but also says that it needs a teacher, i.e. Allah's apostle.
What do you say about this verse?

So only Prophet Muhammad can clarify the verses of Qur'an. For example, the different posibilities of the ways of the punishment of the thieves, Who can say to us the true possibility? Qur'an says Prophet Muhammad. But Unfortunately, you and your man-made articles say what is not in the Hadiths of Prophet Muhammad.

Union

Is appointing of the Qiblah Muhkam or Mutishabih?

If you could have studied Qiblah from Qur'an only , this question could have been appeared redundant to you . Qiblah is not any physical location as per Qur'an .

That saying is not a Hadith. So it is out of context.

But the names of Ulul Amr is in the Hadith of Prophet, and whoever obeys the Apostle certainly obeys Allah[4:80]

Why you say it is not Hadith ? And just for matter of interest , though I know Shia and Sunni made their own Hadith to suit their religion , please provide a Sahih Hadith straight from Prophet Muhammad mentioned 12 Imams names . Just curious .

This article only says a possibility of the punishment and as itself says, that is only another Possibility, nothing else.

Those possibilities are the implication of the verse . Imagine your own child would steal 1 dollar from you pocket . What you gonna do ? Cut his hands ? What about a thief whose hands were cut already or he doesn't have any hands at all ? Those options/possibilities of the verse are the right solutions to choose from . Thanks to ALLAH , swt whose verses are full of practicality .

Qur'an is complete, as I mentioned, but when a book is complete, this does not mean that it does not need a teacher. Qur'an itself says that it is complete, but also says that it needs a teacher, i.e. Allah's apostle.
What do you say about this verse?

So only Prophet Muhammad can clarify the verses of Qur'an. For example, the different posibilities of the ways of the punishment of the thieves, Who can say to us the true possibility? Qur'an says Prophet Muhammad. But Unfortunately, you and your man-made articles say what is not in the Hadiths of Prophet Muhammad.

Okay let us a take a step forward to discuss this issue . Show me from Shia world a single book apart from Qur'an , that Prophet Muhammad left as his teachings . The manuscript - where it is now now , how old is it ?
Thanks .

mojtaba

If you could have studied Qiblah from Qur'an only , this question could have been appeared redundant to you . Qiblah is not any physical location as per Qur'an .

Why you say it is not Hadith ? And just for matter of interest , though I know Shia and Sunni made their own Hadith to suit their religion , please provide a Sahih Hadith straight from Prophet Muhammad mentioned 12 Imams names . Just curious .

Those possibilities are the implication of the verse . Imagine your own child would steal 1 dollar from you pocket . What you gonna do ? Cut his hands ? What about a thief whose hands were cut already or he doesn't have any hands at all ? Those options/possibilities of the verse are the right solutions to choose from . Thanks to ALLAH , swt whose verses are full of practicality .

Okay let us a take a step forward to discuss this issue . Show me from Shia world a single book apart from Qur'an , that Prophet Muhammad left as his teachings . The manuscript - where it is now now , how old is it ?
Thanks .
Good bye.

mojtaba

In Musnad Al-Bizar, vol. 4, p 41, it is quoted from Sad Ibne Abi Waqas who said,
إن رسول الله أخذ بيد علي، فقال: ألست أولي بالمؤمنين من أنفسهم؟ من کنت وليه فإن عليا وليه.

Indeed, the Messenger of Allah(saw) took the hand of 'Ali and said: 'Am I not more worthy of the believers than their own selves?'
(Then he said,)'Those whose Master I am, so Ali is certainly his Master.'

Heithami, who is a famous Sunni scholar, says in Majma Al Zawaid, vol. 9, p 107 that the Hadith is authentic( رواه البزار و رجاله ثقات ).

Yasin-shalal

Yasin-shalal
Each of the sahabah have a special place in the hearts of all Muslims and Prophet Muhammad PBUH himself mentioned many of them as our leaders, labeling Abu Bakr RA as a man who would have been Prophet if Allah and not ended Prophethood with Prophet Muhammad PBUH. Ali, Uthman, Bilal, Umar and many others, may Allah be pleased with them all have been bestowed various similar honours.
Salam
Brother, Abubakr, according to even your own books, was not able to answer simple questions from Quran! The ones who knew almost nothing about Fiqh and Quran got the leadership and betrayed "the door of knowledge city"!

Yasin-shalal

Yasin-shalal
Fi

- Ali(a.s.) was happy?! Dont you study your own books?!
- And of course, Ali(a.s.) was higher than any of the companions. Any doubt?!
- Being "simple" has nothing to do with being "right"
- You love those who used to fight each other and swear at each other :)

mojtaba

Tahhavi[ a famous Sunni scholar ] writes that;

كما حدثنا أَحْمَدُ بن شُعَيْبٍ قال أخبرنا محمد بن الْمُثَنَّى قال حدثنا يحيى بن حَمَّادٍ قال حدثنا أبو عَوَانَةَ عن سُلَيْمَانَ يَعْنِي الأَعْمَشَ قال حدثنا حَبِيبُ بن أبي ثَابِتٍ عن أبي الطُّفَيْلِ عن زَيْدِ بن أَرْقَمَ قال لَمَّا رَجَعَ رسول اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عن حَجَّةِ الْوَدَاعِ وَ نَزَلَ بِغَدِيرِ خُمٍّ ، أَمَرَ بِدَوْحَاتٍ فَقُمِّمْنَ ثُمَّ قال كَأَنِّي دُعِيتُ فَأَجَبْتُ إنِّي قد تَرَكْتُ فِيكُمْ الثَّقَلَيْنِ أَحَدُهُمَا أَكْبَرُ من الآخَرِ كِتَابَ اللَّهِ عز وجل و َعِتْرَتِي أَهْلَ بَيْتِي فَانْظُرُوا كَيْفَ تَخْلُفُونِي فِيهِمَا فَإِنَّهُمَا لَنْ يَتَفَرَّقَا حتى يَرِدَا عَلَيَّ الْحَوْضَ ثُمَّ قال : «إنَّ اللَّهَ عز وجل مَوْلاَيَ و أنا وَلِيُّ كل مُؤْمِنٍ» ثُمَّ أَخَذَ بِيَدِ عَلِيٍّ رضي الله عنه فقال : « من كنت وَلِيَّهُ فَهَذَا وَلِيُّهُ اللَّهُمَّ وَالِ من وَالاَهُ وَ عَادِ من عَادَاهُ » فقلت لِزَيْدٍ سَمِعْتُهُ من رسول اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم فقال : ما كان في الدَّوْحَاتِ أَحَدٌ إِلاَّ رَآهُ بِعَيْنَيْهِ وَ سَمِعَهُ بِأُذُنَيْهِ .​

قال أبو جَعْفَر : فَهَذَا الْحَدِيثُ ، صَحِيحُ الإِسْنَادِ لاَ طَعْنَ لأَحَدٍ في أَحَدٍ من رُوَاتِهِ فيه
Zayd Ibn Arqam said that; when the holy prophet of GOD (peace and bless of GOD be upon him and his progeny) returned from Haj Al-Veda and arrived at Qadir Khom then his companions built a pulpit from the trunk of the trees as His Holiness ordered and then the holy prophet of climbed up that pulpit and stated, 'my demise time is getting close and I am going to leave you while I will leave you two precious things which one is more merit than the other, the holy Book of Allah the Almighty and my Progeny, my Ahl Al-Bayt. Beware how do you want to treat them and these two never separate from one another until eventually they came to me beside the pond of Kothar[ in Hearafter ]'.
Then the holy Prophet of GOD stated that; 'Allah the Almighty is my Mawla( supervisor ) and I am Wali(supervisor) of the whole believers,' and then he took the hand of Ali and stated that, 'whoever I am his Wali(supervisor) then this Ali is his Wali*, O my Lord, be friend with whoever loves Ali and be enemy with whoever is his enemy.'
Abu Tofayl says, 'I said to Zayd Ibn Arqam( a Sahabi ), 'did you hear from the holy prophet of GOD?' He said, 'whoever were present there has seen with his own eyes and heard with his own ears.'

Abu Jafar said that; this narration is a Sahih (authentic) narration and no one is allowed to blame any of its narrators.

(Sharh Moshkel Al-Asar, Abu Jafar Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Salame Al-Tahavi v 5 p 18 and 19; published by: Al-Resalat Institute; Beirut; 1408 Hegira; 1987; First Edition; researched by: Shoaib Al-Arnowt)

Haakim [another Sunni famous and eminent imam of Hadith] has also narrated this narration in Mustadrak with another route of the narrators and after that he has said, 'This narration according to the rule of Bokhari and Moslem (to be accepted as an authentic narration) is a sound saying but they have not mentioned that in their own two books (Sahih Bokhari and Sahih Moslem) and the narration of Salamah Ibn Kahil from Abu Tofayl is that proof that it is an authentic narration according to the rules of Bokhari and Moslem.'

See the source(Al-Mustadrak of Haakim) in islamweb library( a Sunni authentic website ), link.
See in the Al-Maktabah Ash-Shaamilah( another Sunni authentic website ), link.

*The meaning of "Wali"
"Wali” means “supervisor”. According to Sahih Muslim and other authenric Hadith books, Omar said to Ali Ibne Abi Talib (AS) and Abbas:

لما توفى رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم قال أبو بكر: أنا ولى رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم، . . . ، ثم توفى أبو بكر و أنا ولى رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم.
When the Messenger of Allah pssed away, Abu Bakr siad, ' I am Wali[ supervisor ] of Messenger of Allah(saws)'... then Abu Bakr died, while I am Wali[ supervisor ] of Messenger of Allah(saws')
Sources,
1. Sahih Muslim, Arabic, English.
2.Sahih Ibn Habban(with the research of Shu'ayb al-Arna'ut«شعيب الأرنؤوط»), v14, p577. The researcher of the book who is a Muti'assib Wahhabi scholar has said that the narration is Sahih.
3.Albani, another Wahhabi scholar also has narrated this narration in his book and has said that it is Sahih(التعليقات الحسان علي صحيح إبن حبان ، ج9 ، ص319 ـ 320, At-Ta'liqatulHisan 'Ala Sahihi 'Ibn Habban, v9, p319-320).