• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must you believe in Jesus to avoid hell?

MJFlores

would that be .....nodding your head to personage
or
consideration to the teachings and life to follow those teachings

Believe in Jesus and what he says, including the parables - be sure you know what they are.

A lot of people have complicated minds, geez things ought to be simple.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Actually, the word used is hades, not hell. In many translations hell and hades are mixed, but they are not the same, because in the end, hades will be thrown into hell.
Because you will not leave my soul in Hades, Neither will you allow your Holy One to see decay.
Acts 2:27
…Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them. They were judged, each one according to his works. Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:12-15
And death actually seems to be this life.

Surely, as we know death exists here on Earth.
Since the time is coming when ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
then, under Christ's thousand-year reign over Earth death on Earth will cease.
I find this is a reason why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the ' healing ' benefits to earth's nations as promised at Revelation 22:2.
Healing as described in Isaiah 35th chapter when No one will say, "I am sick..." - Isaiah 33:24.
Through Christ, mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on Earth again, and 'there will be' the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous as per Acts of the Apostles 24:15.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
First we need to discuss what type of hell we are looking at. What is hell, a place for trash outside Jerusalem as literally read? Or is it this world and it's chaos we live in? Or a place like Hades, a place with a "God" of the underworld seeking to torment those who that one has managed to manipulate into going there with that ones rulership of Earth and spiritworld as some claim?
I find more than one type of hell:
Gehenna (Not hades/sheol) is the trash pit outside of Jerusalem.
King James translated Gehenna into English as hell fire, thus putting the flames in the grave (hades / sheol)
Righteous Jesus went to biblical hell the day he died according to Acts of the Apostles 2:27.
Jesus did Not go to some religious-myth hellfire, but false clergy often teach fire as being the Bible's hell.
Rather, Jesus went to the temporary stone-cold grave for the 'sleeping dead'.
Since Jesus taught ' sleep (Not pain) in death ' - John 11:11-14 - then Jesus was sleeping while dead.
Jesus being well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which he would have learned about death's sleep from them.
Such as: Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17 Psalms 146:4; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5.