• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mussolini was like Abraham Lincoln

Spiderman

Veteran Member
qqq.jpg
th2YWIV94L.jpg
th2X3UOO10.jpg
th56D799GL.jpg

"Our cause in Ethiopia is a just one. In a few days it will be laid before the League's counsel. It will be laid before the whole world—proof that the Ethiopians are a barbaric people, sunk in the practice of slavery."--Benito Mussolini

Mussolini was like Abraham Lincoln invading the south in his conquest of the Ethiopian Empire, recognizing the need to abolish slavery in a place where the Kings of that nation could not, for it was so ingrained in Ethiopian tradition. The civilized world was horrified and pressured the Ethiopians to end their barbaric slavery. People in the Confederate states were criticized by other slave-owners when they were not able to provide for their slaves even more so than if they didn't provide for their livestock, but in Ethiopia, many of the slave-owners could not provide for their slaves, as Ethiopia is the country I know of that has the worst reputation for starvation.

Some Ethiopian Emperors when pressured by the outside, like Menelik, tried but realized he could not stop it, because it was simply seen as Ethiopian culture. The Brutal Ethiopian Empire had a reputation as the worst place for slavery by some and was The largest slavery-driven polity in the Horn of Africa before the nineteenth century was the Ethiopian Empire. Slavery in Ethiopia - Wikipedia

The Russians and French armed the Ethiopian Empire to send 15,000 Italians home in body bags in 1895 and Mussolini was under pressure to hold Ethiopia accountable for hundreds of Italians killed in an incident in 1934. Mussolini decided it was time to intervene, believing he could succeed at ending slavery where Emperors failed. Ethiopians were also teaching that Italian Catholics worshipped the Devil, the rastifarians often saw the pope as the Devil Incarnate, and that their Kings were sometimes reincarnations of Jesus Christ, that their Dynasty dated back to 10,000 BC which there was no historical evidence for, and they thought it was cool in rastifariansism to wear dreadlocks and smoke cannabis as a sacrament. Mussolini had compassion on the Ethiopians and believed it was unfair for them to grow up brainwashed and fed nothing but lies, bigotry, and hate. America and the British Empire at that time were far more racist than was Fascist Italy, and he also feared Ethiopia would become a British Colony if Italy didn't step in first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Mussolini hoped to bring Ethiopians better education and healthcare, end Ethiopian slavery, and utilize the resources better as an Italian Colony where unemployed Italians could go find work and many Italians wanted to get jobs in the military which the conquest of Ethiopia enabled and created. Many Ethiopian slaves were liberated by the conquest

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
they thought it was cool in rastifariansism to wear dirty dreadlocks crawling with bugs and smoke cannabis as a sacrament.
I've never seen a Rasta with filthy dreads infested with bugs (I've never seen bugs in anyone's dreads, Rasta or not). What's wrong with cannabis as a sacrament, as well?

You're manic again, aren't you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've never seen a Rasta with filthy dreads infested with bugs (I've never seen bugs in anyone's dreads, Rasta or not). What's wrong with cannabis as a sacrament, as well?

You're manic again, aren't you?
Ever heard of Bob Marley's bugs in his hair. Ethiopian Dreads usually are not clean. Have you studied the Rasta dread tradition? Okay, I accept correction...I made it sound like a lot more of them were doing it than is accurate but I've been studying rastifarianism and it's still the epitome of evil at least how most of them view it. The dread locks thing was irrelevant I guess.

Okay, there is nothing wrong with sacramental cannabis lol :)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
View attachment 34412 View attachment 34415 View attachment 34416 View attachment 34417
"Our cause in Ethiopia is a just one. In a few days it will be laid before the League's counsel. It will be laid before the whole world—proof that the Ethiopians are a barbaric people, sunk in the practice of slavery."--Benito Mussolini

Mussolini was like Abraham Lincoln invading the south in his conquest of the Ethiopian Empire, recognizing the need to abolish slavery in a place where the Kings of that nation could not, for it was so ingrained in Ethiopian tradition. The civilized world was horrified and pressured the Ethiopians to end their barbaric slavery. People in the Confederate states were criticized by other slave-owners when they were not able to provide for their slaves even more so than if they didn't provide for their livestock, but in Ethiopia, many of the slave-owners could not provide for their slaves, as Ethiopia is the country I know of that has the worst reputation for starvation.

Some Ethiopian Emperors when pressured by the outside, like Menelik, tried but realized he could not stop it, because it was simply seen as Ethiopian culture. The Brutal Ethiopian Empire had a reputation as the worst place for slavery by some and was The largest slavery-driven polity in the Horn of Africa before the nineteenth century was the Ethiopian Empire. Slavery in Ethiopia - Wikipedia

The Russians and French armed the Ethiopian Empire to send 15,000 Italians home in body bags in 1895 and Mussolini was under pressure to hold Ethiopia accountable for hundreds of Italians killed in an incident in 1934. Mussolini decided it was time to intervene, believing he could succeed at ending slavery where Emperors failed. Ethiopians were also teaching that Italian Catholics worshipped the Devil, the rastifarians often saw the pope as the Devil Incarnate, and that their Kings were sometimes reincarnations of Jesus Christ, that their Dynasty dated back to 10,000 BC which there was no historical evidence for, and they thought it was cool in rastifariansism to wear dirty dreadlocks crawling with bugs and smoke cannabis as a sacrament. Mussolini had compassion on the Ethiopians and believed it was unfair for them to grow up brainwashed and fed nothing but lies, bigotry, and hate. America and the British Empire at that time were far more racist than was Fascist Italy, and he also feared Ethiopia would become a British Colony if Italy didn't step in first.

Lincoln didn't end slavery in other countries; just in America. Tragically, he was assassinated before he could see the passage of the 13th Amendment.

How did you manage to pick Mussolini? I remember you were posting about Genghis Khan a while back. I guess we all have slightly villainous figures from history we like to idolize or secretly admire.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The dreads I have seen personally were not usually and Bob Marley's were filthy, and Ethiopian hygiene bad, but I accept correction.
You're probably being like many people and wrongly and erroneously assume they are dirty. Tons of people say they are. I've not seen any. Because dirty hair is crap for growing dreads. Greasy, dirty hair doesn't stick/dead together that well. But, even if the dreads have been fake, I've known people who swear and insist its filthy, dirty hair.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You're probably being like many people and wrongly and erroneously assume they are dirty. Tons of people say they are. I've not seen any. Because dirty hair is crap for growing dreads. Greasy, dirty hair doesn't stick/dead together that well. But, even if the dreads have been fake, I've known people who swear and insist its filthy, dirty hair.
I knew a person personally who didn't wash his dreads , but I apologize for believing rumors that dreads were usually messy.

Ethiopia however has an extreme poverty rate and is a third world country. To assume that their dreadlocks were clean when so many didn't have warm running water and shampoo isn't correct but I should not have spoken about dreadlocks like they are a bad thing.

I'm always willing to accept correction so sorry.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
During the Second Italo-Ethiopian War, Italian violations of the laws of war were reported and documented.[4] These included the use of chemical weapons such as mustard gas, the use of concentration camps in counter-insurgency, and attacks on Red Cross facilities[citation needed] (in response to the Ethiopians' use of Dum-Dum bullets, which had been banned by declaration IV, 3 of the Hague Convention, and mutilation of captured soldiers since the first weeks of the war).[5][6][7] According to the Ethiopian government, 382,800 civilian deaths were directly attributable to the Italian invasion. 17,800 women and children killed by bombing, 30,000 people were killed in the massacre of February 1937, 35,000 people died in concentration camps, and 300,000 people died of privations due to the destruction of their villages and farms. The Ethiopian government also claimed that the Italians destroyed 2,000 churches and 525,000 houses, while confiscating or slaughtering 6 million cattle, 7 million sheep and goats, and 1.7 million horses, mules, and camels, leading to the latter deaths.[8]

During the 1936–1941 Italian occupation, atrocities also occurred; in the February 1937 Yekatit 12 massacres as many as 30,000 Ethiopians may have been killed and many more imprisoned as a reprisal for the attempted assassination of Viceroy Rodolfo Graziani. A 2017 study estimated that 19,200 were killed - a fifth of the population of Addis Ababa. The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church was especially singled out. Thousands of Ethiopians also died in concentration camps such as Danane and Nocra.

Italian war crimes - Wikipedia

View attachment 34412 View attachment 34415 View attachment 34416 View attachment 34417

The Russians and French armed the Ethiopian Empire to send 15,000 Italians home in body bags in 1895 and Mussolini was under pressure to hold Ethiopia accountable for hundreds of Italians killed in an incident in 1934. Mussolini decided it was time to intervene, believing he could succeed at ending slavery where Emperors failed. Ethiopians were also teaching that Italian Catholics worshipped the Devil, the rastifarians often saw the pope as the Devil Incarnate, and that their Kings were sometimes reincarnations of Jesus Christ, that their Dynasty dated back to 10,000 BC which there was no historical evidence for, and they thought it was cool in rastifariansism to wear dreadlocks and smoke cannabis as a sacrament. Mussolini had compassion on the Ethiopians and believed it was unfair for them to grow up brainwashed and fed nothing but lies, bigotry, and hate. America and the British Empire at that time were far more racist than was Fascist Italy, and he also feared Ethiopia would become a British Colony if Italy didn't step in first.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Ever heard of Bob Marley's bugs in his hair. Dreads usually are not clean. Have you studied the Rasta dread tradition? Okay, I accept correction...I made it sound like a lot more of them were doing it than is accurate but I've been studying rastifarianism and it's still the epitome of evil at least how most of them view it. The dread locks thing was irrelevant I guess.

Okay, there is nothing wrong with sacramental cannabis lol :)
No, I've never heard of anyone having bugs in their dreads. I've heard of plenty of Europeans having lice before the 20th century, though. :shrug:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
During the Second Italo-Ethiopian War, Italian violations of the laws of war were reported and documented.[4] These included the use of chemical weapons such as mustard gas, the use of concentration camps in counter-insurgency, and attacks on Red Cross facilities[citation needed] (in response to the Ethiopians' use of Dum-Dum bullets, which had been banned by declaration IV, 3 of the Hague Convention, and mutilation of captured soldiers since the first weeks of the war).[5][6][7] According to the Ethiopian government, 382,800 civilian deaths were directly attributable to the Italian invasion. 17,800 women and children killed by bombing, 30,000 people were killed in the massacre of February 1937, 35,000 people died in concentration camps, and 300,000 people died of privations due to the destruction of their villages and farms. The Ethiopian government also claimed that the Italians destroyed 2,000 churches and 525,000 houses, while confiscating or slaughtering 6 million cattle, 7 million sheep and goats, and 1.7 million horses, mules, and camels, leading to the latter deaths.[8]

During the 1936–1941 Italian occupation, atrocities also occurred; in the February 1937 Yekatit 12 massacres as many as 30,000 Ethiopians may have been killed and many more imprisoned as a reprisal for the attempted assassination of Viceroy Rodolfo Graziani. A 2017 study estimated that 19,200 were killed - a fifth of the population of Addis Ababa. The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church was especially singled out. Thousands of Ethiopians also died in concentration camps such as Danane and Nocra.

Italian war crimes - Wikipedia
Rachele Mussolini points out that her husband was not the best leader and that many italian generals should have been court-martialed and were not.

However, mussolini was not to blame for a lot of stuff either , and the use of gas was not worse than the American use of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It was to help bring quick victory.