• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims used as a scapegoat

Theweirdtophat

I feel that they are using Muslims and trying to get people to hate them in order to cause conflict. I feel it's a divide and conquer mentality. Trying to make some Muslims angry or allow Muslims to enter Europe in order to **** off Europeans and then make an excuse to install martial law when things get chaotic. And ever since 9/11 many people have acted as if all Muslims are to blame and that they all have the same beliefs rules and customs.

I think Muslims will eventually be persecuted much like the Jews were and many other religious groups. I don't know why people think the idea is impossible when it's been done before. Also in WW2, America put Japanese Americans in camps. Who's to say Muslims won't be in camps, too?

buddhist

The only winners in such cultural wars are authoritarian governments. It's a great opportunity for them to grow richer and stronger.

The common People - on all sides - are the losers.

buddhist

"Good people" do nothing because those same authoritarian governments and their agents have, in recent decades, cowed people to believe that any opposition is to commit the most heinous crime of racism.

Theweirdtophat

They are now. But I don't know why people are so afraid of questioning their own government. Corrupt governments are bullies. They talk tough and intimidate but once you stand up they back down.

Theweirdtophat

Except in many revolutions governments ended up backing down and some political leaders were thrown out. So I don't know why people think it's impossible when it's been done before. The same thing happens over and over. Governments get corrupt and scare people by making an example out of them, people get tired of the nonsense, revolution happens and they are overthrown and most of the time are replaced by someone just as bad if not worse.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The OP seems to believe in a lot of foresight and deliberate intent and malice from the rethorical 'them'.

I think that is entirely unrealistic. Also, I find the comparison between wariness of Muslims and antisemitism entirely misguided.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Well if Muslims have so many radicals and extremists, I'm afraid they are not to be left out of the blaming circle. Not to mention those careless in charge of them. But I agree, this is still not an excuse to put all Muslims, or even most of them, under the same tooth brush (if I get the expression right).

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I think Muslims will eventually be persecuted much like the Jews were and many other religious groups.
What is crazy about that sentence, is that when you realize who owns the media, who is largely responsible for 9/11, and all the other false flags....

You'd think they'd not want others to suffer as they have; yet that is the whole point, none of it is as it seems. o_O

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I feel that they are using Muslims and trying to get people to hate them in order to cause conflict. I feel it's a divide and conquer mentality. Trying to make some Muslims angry or allow Muslims to enter Europe in order to **** off Europeans and then make an excuse to install martial law when things get chaotic. And ever since 9/11 many people have acted as if all Muslims are to blame and that they all have the same beliefs rules and customs.

I think Muslims will eventually be persecuted much like the Jews were and many other religious groups. I don't know why people think the idea is impossible when it's been done before. Also in WW2, America put Japanese Americans in camps. Who's to say Muslims won't be in camps, too?

I visited a website yesterday where a person posted 'I hate all Muslims'. They call Muhammad a Paedophile and say vile things about the Quran.

They post a news clip of a terrorist attack and then cite verses of the Quran. It's such hatred & bigotry. People who promote this hatred have an agenda to make everyone hate all Muslims and we must not succumb to this poison. Muslims are human beings too. There is good and bad in all people. No one race or religion is entirely evil.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Well if Muslims have so many radicals and extremists, I'm afraid they are not to be left out of the blaming circle. Not to mention those careless in charge of them. But I agree, this is still not an excuse to put all Muslims, or even most of them, under the same tooth brush (if I get the expression right).

There are about 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. I estimated a general number were terrorists then tried to get a percentage using a calculator and I couldn't get a percentage it's so small.

Muslims must not become the next Jews. This poison in some people's minds to demonise Muslims is a sickness and it's spreading.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I visited a website yesterday where a person posted 'I hate all Muslims'. They call Muhammad a Paedophile and say vile things about the Quran.

They post a news clip of a terrorist attack and then cite verses of the Quran. It's such hatred & bigotry. People who promote this hatred have an agenda to make everyone hate all Muslims and we must not succumb to this poison. Muslims are human beings too. There is good and bad in all people. No one race or religion is entirely evil.
Because hating is easier than loving or understanding. And humans are lazy selfish animals.

But hatred is more effective than love,that's for sure.

The only winners in such cultural wars are authoritarian governments. It's a great opportunity for them to grow richer and stronger.

This is exactly the opposite of what is true.

The precise strategy of the terrorists is to cause the governments to overreact to terrorism so they become poorer and weaker. Unfortunately the governments, the media and the 'common people', dance to the terrorists' tune.

use_your_brain

I wonder none blames the modern invasions towards islamic lands. What if the recent islamic movements is the reaction on the invasions? Of course one can raise up the violent passages from scriptural texts, but it is coincidental, since everyone I think will get insanity when their beloved families or beloved villages are getting bombarded by someone.

Flankerl

The problem with the relation to the treatment of Jews in the first half of the 20th century and Muslims today is that it falls apart pretty fast.

There was no animosity from Jews to the mainstream population they lived in. No Terrorism, no mass rapes... nothing. In fact in the Western part of Europe most Jews were quite integrated, served in the First World War for their respective country and so forth.

Its not comparable.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Folks, Muslim communities have consistently shown a tendency to voluntarily gather in authoritarian regimes; to fail to provide even basic personal freedoms and education; to engage in bitter internal divisions and accusations; and a barely-disguised doctrine of assimilation.

The Jewish people are different and better in every single sense. Muslim immigrants are a serious issue, like to admit it or not, in a way that Jewish communities never were.