• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Muslims Only] Hating sahaba:Is it disbelief or misguidance?

mojtaba

33,000 companions' swears of allegiance to Abu Bakar weight way more than that what you argued above . It meant that thousands of Prophet's companions knew those Ahadith in favor of Abu Bakra's successorship without a few numbers who supported Ali .
This is not correct.
1.(Sahib Al-Bukhari) Umar said,
إِنَّمَا كَانَتْ بَيْعَةُ أَبِي بَكْرٍ فَلْتَةً وَتَمَّتْ أَلاَ وَإِنَّهَا قَدْ كَانَتْ كَذَلِكَ وَلَكِنَّ اللَّهَ وَقَى شَرَّهَا​
'The pledge of allegiance given to Abu Bakr was given suddenly and then ended. No doubt, it was like that, but Allah saved (the people) from its evil'

2.(Sahih Al-Bukhari) Umar siad,
وَإِنَّهُ قَدْ كَانَ مِنْ خَبَرِنَا حِينَ تَوَفَّى اللَّهُ نَبِيَّهُ صلى الله عليه وسلم إِلاَّ أَنَّ الأَنْصَارَ خَالَفُونَا وَاجْتَمَعُوا بِأَسْرِهِمْ فِي سَقِيفَةِ بَنِي سَاعِدَةَ، وَخَالَفَ عَنَّا عَلِيٌّ وَالزُّبَيْرُ وَمَنْ مَعَهُمَا،​
'And no doubt after the death of the Prophet (S) we were informed that the Ansar disagreed with us and gathered in the shed of Bani Sa`da. `Ali and Zubair and whoever was with them, opposed us.'

3.فقالت الأنصار أو بعض الأنصار : لا نبايع إلا عليا. So, all of Ansar or a group of them said, ' we give the pledge of allegiance only to Ali '

Al-Kamil fi Al-Tarikh by Ibn Athir, V.2, P.325.
Tarikh Al-Tabari, V.2, P.443.

4. (Sahih Al-Bukhari) Aesha said that at the time of the selection of Abu Bakr:
خَوَّفَ عُمَرُ النَّاسَ وَإِنَّ فِيهِمْ لَنِفَاقًا​
'Umar frightened the people, and indeed there were hypocrisy in them.'

5.Lady Fatima never gave the pledge of allegiance to Abu Bakr and passed away while she was angry from Abu Bakr.
Bukhari has narrated in his book, Sahih al-Bukhari,
"Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Messenger(s) got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died."
The incident of Qadir Khom might have that Yemeni invasion issue and that misunderstanding between Ali and his soldiers as in context . At least all Sunni
do believe so .
The first one who mentioned this issue, was Ibn Kathir( Al-Bidaya wa Al-Nihaya, V.5, P.122 ). He siad the issue 764 years after the event of Qadir Khom! Before him, there was not anything about this issue.

Anyway, according to Sunni authentic books( see Sira of Ibn Hisham, Tarikh At-Tabari), Imam Ali went to Mecca sooner than his soldiers, because of the order of Rasulallah(sawaws). So, the soldiers who were from Sahaba, used the Qana'im without the leave of Prophet or Imam Ali. So, when they arrived to Mecca, Imam Ali saw them using Qana'im which were indeed Beytul Mal( the using from Beytul Mal and Qana'im of war is possible after the order of the master of the soldiers and Rasulallah ). Then Imam Ali(a.s.) said to them that they should stop their doing untill the order of Rasulullah(sawaws). So, the soldiers complained from Imam Ali in the present of the Prophet. So Prophet said to them, أيها الناس ، لا تشكوا عليا ، فوالله إنه لأخشن في ذات الله ، أو في سبيل الله ، من أن يشكى( O people, do not complain from Ali, because by Allah, he is serious in the religion of Allah, and in the way of Allah, so the complaint from him is not worthy ).
Then, this issue ended totally, and Prophet began the doing of Hajj and then learned Sahaba the Hajj Manasik and Sonan.
Then, Prophet at least 4 or 5 times declared sermons in Arafa, Mina, by the mosqe of Khaif, .... that there were not only one thing about that issue in them.

So, after Hajj ended, the Prophet and Sahaba prepared to return to their cities. When they reached to Qadir Khom, a place which the ways of the people seprate from each other, Prophet ordered Sahaba to gather in Qadir place and then they did Salat. After Salat, Prophet declared the sermon of Qadir and he said in it,
My demise time is getting close and I am going to leave you while I will leave you two precious things which one is more merit than the other, theholy Book of Allah the Almighty and my Progeny, my Ahl Al-Bayt. If you adhere to them both, you will never go astray after me. Beware how do you want to treat them and these two never separate from one anotheruntil eventually they came to me beside the pond of Kothar[ in Hearafter ]'.
Then the holy Prophet of GOD stated that; 'Allah the Almighty is my supervisor and I am Wali supervisor of the whole believers,' and then he took the hand of Ali and stated that, 'whoever I am his supervisor then this Ali is his supervisor, O my Lord, love those that love Ali and be enemy with whoever is his enemy.'

You can not find only a weak Hadith which says that Prophet only a bit refered to the issue of Imam Ali and Sahaba.
The sayings of Prophet that his demise time is being close, and he is leaving two precious which do not seprate from each other until Qiyama, two precious things that we must follow them, and also his saying that Allah is his supervisor and he, himself is supervisor of whole believerse, and immediatly taking hand of Imam Ali and saying that whoever Prophet is his supervisor, so Ali is his supervisor, clearly prove that this issue is exactly about leadership of Ummah.
Also, note the congratulation of Umar to Imam Ali. After Khotba of Qadir, Umar said to Imam Ali, ' O son of Abi Talib. Congratulations, from now you are the supervisor of every faithful man and woman.'(Musnad Ahmad, V.4, P.281)[فَلَقِيَهُ عُمَرُ بَعْدَ ذلك فقال له هنياء يا بن أبي طَالِبٍ أَصْبَحْتَ وَأَمْسَيْتَ مولي كل مُؤْمِنٍ وَمُؤْمِنَةٍ.] Albani and Mulla Ali Al-Ghari has said the Hadith is Sahih.

Plus the issue of different meanings of the term "mawla' is another never ending debate .
In the narratins, there are many ones which the term 'Wali' is mentioned. Anyway, Mawla or Wali, in Sahih Muslim and Sahih Ibn Habban and another book, the term Wali is used by Umar in due to mentioning the Khilapha of Prophet.
Umar said,
لما توفى رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم قال أبو بكر: أنا ولى رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم، . . . ، ثم توفى أبو بكر و أنا ولى رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم.
'When the Messenger of Allah passed away, Abu Bakr siad, ' I am Wali[ supervisor ] of Messenger of Allah(saws)'... then Abu Bakr died, while I am Wali[ supervisor ] of Messenger of Allah(saws')'
Sources,
1. Sahih Muslim, Arabic, English.
2.Sahih Ibn Habban(with the research of Shu'ayb al-Arna'ut«شعيب الأرنؤوط»), v14, p577. The researcher of the book who is a Muti'assib Wahhabi scholar has said that the narration is Sahih.
3.Albani, another Wahhabi scholar also has narrated this narration in his book and has said that it is Sahih(التعليقات الحسان علي صحيح إبن حبان ، ج9 ، ص319 ـ 320, At-Ta'liqatulHisan 'Ala Sahihi 'Ibn Habban, v9, p319-320).

Last edited:

mojtaba

5 days before his death Prophet appointed Abu Bakar the Imam in the Salah and he himself also prayed behind him . This is a lethal weapon in Sunnis' bag to prove the latest attestation of prophet's approval of Abu Bakar's khilafat , which happened way after the incident of Qadir o Khom .

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 11, Number 680:

Narrated 'Aisha:
When the Prophet, became ill in his fatal illness, Someone came to inform him about the prayer, and the Prophet told him to tell Abu Bakr to lead the people in the prayer. I said, "Abu Bakr is a soft-hearted man and if he stands for the prayer in your place, he would weep and would not be able to recite the Qur'an." The Prophet said, "Tell Abu Bakr to lead the prayer." I said the same as before. He (repeated the same order and) on the third or the fourth time he said, "You are the companions of Joseph. Tell Abu Bakr to lead the prayer." So Abu Bakr led the prayer and meanwhile the Prophet felt better and came out with the help of two men; as if I see him just now dragging his feet on the ground. When Abu Bakr saw him, he tried to retreat but the Prophet beckoned him to carry on. Abu Bakr retreated a bit and the Prophet sat on his (left) side. Abu Bakr was repeating the Takbir (Allahu Akbar) of Allah's Apostle for the people to hear.
There are not a Hadith which says Prophet said his Salat behind Abu Bakr.

Anyway, there are many narrations which say that Prophet appointed some of Sahaba as Imam of people in Salat. For example, see Sonan Abi Dawood, Albani has said Hadith is Sahih[Anas said that the Prophet (s) appointed Ibn Umm Maktum as substitute to lead the people in prayer], So, that Hadith can not prove anything for Khilapha of Abu Bakr. Also, if this event could help Abu Bakr for taking Khilafa, why didn't he used from it in Saqifa? Also, if Prophet truely appointed him as the forefront of Salat, why did he - even when he was so weak - went to the mousqe with so much difficulties?( Prophet came out with the help of two men; as if I see him just now dragging his feet on the ground.)

Also, the Hadiths regarding this issue, reject each other. One Hadith says that Abu Bakr became leader of people and Prophet became his leader[ Sahih Al-Bukjari, فكان أبو بكر يصلي بصلاة رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم والناس يصلون بصلاة أبي بكر (i.e., Abu Bakr was following the prayer of Allah's Messenger (s) and the people were following the prayer of Abu Bakr ) ]. But, another Hadith group say that, After Prophet went to mousqe, Abu Bakr went aside and then became Mukabbir( he was making Takbir of Prophet audible to the people ), so Prophet himself lead the people[ Sahih Al-Bukhari, أبو بكر يسمع الناس التكبير( i.e., AbuBakr was repeating the Takbir (i.e., Allahu Akbar) of Allah's Messenger(s) for the people to hear) and Sahih Muslim, وَكَانَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ، يُصَلِّي بِالنَّاسِ وَأَبُو بَكْرٍ يُسْمِعُهُمُ التَّكْبِيرَ( i.e., The Messenger of Allah (s) sat and led the people in prayer and Abu Bakr was by his side and he was making (takbir) audible to the people) ].

Also, according to some Sunni narrations, even Prophet Muhammad used to say his prayer behind 'Abdu r-Rahman ibn 'Awf.(صلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم خلف عبد الرحمن بن عوف صلاة الفجر, Sahih Ibn Khuzayma).[ on contrary to Sunni scholars, we do not accept such this Hadiths, because of the first verse of Chapter 49, anyway, because Sunnis believe in such these Hadiths, so we can use those Hadiths againts them ]. So, if we accept that Prophet apponited Abu Bakr as forefront of Salat, but this issue could not help for proving his Khilaphah. Because, based on this incorrect logic, we should believe that Abdu r-Rahman was appointed as Khaliph by Prophet, because he said his prayers behind Abdur Rahman and this appointment is more stronger than that of Abu Bakr.

Was Salamu 'Ala Man 'Ittaba'a-lhuda

Last edited:

mojtaba

Hussain(r.a) was not afraid but fought for his "right"(according to shias)
You are not correct. We do not believe that Imam Husain fought for his right. Accordin to both Sunni and Shia history books, Imam Husain did not accept giving of the swear of allegiance to a person like Yazid(La'natullahi Alayh) who used to wine and some the eminent Muslims( after martyrdom of Imam Husain) that were indeed between them some of the Sahaba or Tabeiin, after meeting with Yazid and returning to Medina, said about him, ' we have returned from a man who is not a faithful, drinks wine and musicians and dancers play music and dance before him and be witness we have discharged him from caliphate.'(Sunni sources,1.Al-Bidayat wa Al-Nihayat, v 8 p 235, 236/ 2.Al-Kamel Ibn Athir, v 4 p 103/ 3.Tarikh Tabari, v 7 p 4)

So, because Imam Husain did not accept giving of the swear of allegiance to Yazid, he(Yazid) ordered others to kill Imam Husain. If there was not the Qiyam of Imam Husain(a.s.), be sure that there would not be Islam. When a Kafir person like Yazid becomes the Caliph of Rasulallah, so that, Al-Islamus Salam( good bye Islam! ).
The 3 first Caliphs used to care some of the barriers, but Yazid used to do so bad sins in public. He said apparently, لا وحي نزل no revealition was sent down( See this article( search لا وحي نزل in it), which is from King Saud University )

Brother, Ali(r.a) destroyed the whole imamat ideology of shiasm the first second and third bayahs he gave to the three caliphs.

Of course shias believe Ali(r.a) was afraid and used taqiyah to save islam, yet Hussain(r.a) was not afraid but fought for his "right"(according to shias) until he attained martyrdom and by doing so he saved islam.

So one imam uses taqiyyah and saves islam, other imam fights and saves islam. Subhanallah thats very strange from shia ideology.
According to Sunni Hadiths, Prophet Muhammad(sawaws), himself ordered Imam Ali to be patient as much as he can, when the discord and issue after the death of dear Prophet(sawaws) takes place.[ Hadiths are authentic ].

حدثنا عبد اللَّهِ حدثني محمد بن أبي بَكْرٍ المقدمي ثنا فُضَيْلُ بن سُلَيْمَانَ يَعْنِى النميري ثنا محمد بن أبي يحيى عن إِيَاسِ بن عَمْرٍو الأسلمي عن علي بن أبي طَالِبٍ رضي الله عنه قال قال رسول اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم إنه سَيَكُونُ بعدي اخْتِلاَفٌ أو أَمْرٍ فَإِنِ اسْتَطَعْتَ أَنْ تَكُونَ السِّلْمَ فَافْعَلْ.​
Imam Ali said,
'Messenger of Allah said to me , "A discord and issue will certainly happen after my death. If you would be able to reconcile, so do." .'
Musnad Ahmad, V.1, P.90
Majma' Az-Zawa'id by Al-Heythami, V.7, P.234.( Heythami says that the narrators in the route of the narrators are reliable )

Last edited: