• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims have nothing to do with Jerusalem- Qur'an says.

Ruh

:: This thread is intended to discuss the issue from a religious point of view, not from a political point of view ::
Straight away Qur’an instructed to leave alone the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) with all their affairs. Jerusalem belonged to them for thousands years and all on a sudden Omar decided to invade Jerusalem just to snatch it away from them.

Qur’an instructs Muslims to focus on the Mecca, where the Sacred Mosque (Al-Masjid Al-Haram) is located and at best to show interest in Medina which is the final resting place for Prophet Muhammad (saw). Both of the cities are mentioned in Qur’an while Jerusalem mentioned not for a single time. On the contrary the heartbeat of Bible is Jerusalem, close to 1000 times it chanted Jerusalem directly or indirectly.

Tradition said that at first Muslim used to pray facing Jerusalem. Then the verses of Qur’an revealed where Almighty GOD instructed Muslims to change their direction from Jerusalem to Sacred Mosque in Mecca (2:144). Wasn’t that a clear proposition from GOD of Islam to be comprehended that physically and spiritually Muslim had nothing to do with Jerusalem?

Israel was promised to the children of Israel and was destined for them. Almighty GOD had confirmed this historical fact in several passages of Qur’an (5:19-20, 10:93, 17:104, 28:3-6, 7:137).

HE, the Exalted also confirmed that Children of Ishmael would settle as Muslims in Mecca, through the prayers of his father Abraham (2:125-129, 14:35-41, 22:26). Abraham prayed for a nation to rise in the Mecca from Ishmael’s progeny. If you read those passages side by side, it becomes very evident that Muslims were instructed to restrict all of their rituals and religious affairs within the compound of Mecca.

So what are we getting here? GOD of the Qur’an wants Children of Israel to have Jerusalem and wants children of Ishmael to have Mecca. Isn’t it a fair deal?

Ruh.

danieldemol

Premium Member
:: This thread is intended to discuss the issue from a religious point of view, not from a political point of view ::
Straight away Qur’an instructed to leave alone the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) with all their affairs. Jerusalem belonged to them for thousands years and all on a sudden Omar decided to invade Jerusalem just to snatch it away from them.

Qur’an instructs Muslims to focus on the Mecca, where the Sacred Mosque (Al-Masjid Al-Haram) is located and at best to show interest in Medina which is the final resting place for Prophet Muhammad (saw). Both of the cities are mentioned in Qur’an while Jerusalem mentioned not for a single time. On the contrary the heartbeat of Bible is Jerusalem, close to 1000 times it chanted Jerusalem directly or indirectly.

Tradition said that at first Muslim used to pray facing Jerusalem. Then the verses of Qur’an revealed where Almighty GOD instructed Muslims to change their direction from Jerusalem to Sacred Mosque in Mecca (2:144). Wasn’t that a clear proposition from GOD of Islam to be comprehended that physically and spiritually Muslim had nothing to do with Jerusalem?

Israel was promised to the children of Israel and was destined for them. Almighty GOD had confirmed this historical fact in several passages of Qur’an (5:19-20, 10:93, 17:104, 28:3-6, 7:137).

HE, the Exalted also confirmed that Children of Ishmael would settle as Muslims in Mecca, through the prayers of his father Abraham (2:125-129, 14:35-41, 22:26). Abraham prayed for a nation to rise in the Mecca from Ishmael’s progeny. If you read those passages side by side, it becomes very evident that Muslims were instructed to restrict all of their rituals and religious affairs within the compound of Mecca.

So what are we getting here? GOD of the Qur’an wants Children of Israel to have Jerusalem and wants children of Ishmael to have Mecca. Isn’t it a fair deal?

Ruh.

I like your exegesis on this topic, however I think your parting question “Isn’t it a fair deal?” In order to be comprehensively answered would have to consider existing political realities on the ground, not just what was atttributed to God by the ancients.

Ruh

I like your exegesis on this topic, however I think your parting question “Isn’t it a fair deal?” In order to be comprehensively answered would have to consider existing political realities on the ground, not just what was atttributed to God by the ancients.

I know . 70,000 people perished in 70 years :worried: ! If sectarian Muslim would ponder on Qur'an alone , in last 1400 years so many jumbles could have been avoided .

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Just out of curiosity, why would God want different peoples to have their own separate territory anyway? Wouldn't He want ALL of his children to share ALL of His land?

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I never understood why followers of the Creator were so obsessed with physical land, myself, especially to the point of killing each other over it.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Humans in natural life always learn their own lesson by what they claim was God advice.

And God in natural philosophical science themes is the body of stone, from which human sciences developed theories and reactions.

Human DNA was itself formed in its own Holy Land....how the title Holy was implied to land. Diversity in medical science says, DNA actually proves that once we owned the same human parental genetics, then it diversified.

So you then look at Holy Land, and ask why you use the word "land", and it relates to the Temple mount, ground Temple, pyramid sciences, and how out of space UFO lands on the ground in variations.

DNA diversity, Holy Land owned.

As radiation/radio wave technology of the ancients was transmutation of metals in a form of metallurgy that involved using unnatural radio active transmitted signals in the technology, it attacked human life and sacrificed it.

How that awareness was given in natural life about technology abusing the land owners.…...due to radiation and radio wave in Holy Land changing due to use of machination.

The reason for it. The teaching was that only O the stone planet is one, the first and the only. Hence scientific alchemy/transmutation/nuclear conditions was outlawed by human reasoning.

Living as a human in society is a mutual human family agreement to accept the reason for family diversity and honour, and love and respect that shared diversity for it is personally empowering to love your family in the human ideals of how their spirit expresses their life differently to your own. And I marvel at how diverse humans are, and what they express in such beautiful self and unique experiences.

Trade is and always belonged to human travel over many lands, and those humans were always welcomed and honoured in any other country.....due to diversity.

Ruh

Just out of curiosity, why would God want different peoples to have their own separate territory anyway? Wouldn't He want ALL of his children to share ALL of His land?

It's not GOD rather human who are not generous enough to tolerate others' interests and cultures ..

Ruh

Humans in natural life always learn their own lesson by what they claim was God advice.

And God in natural philosophical science themes is the body of stone, from which human sciences developed theories and reactions.

Human DNA was itself formed in its own Holy Land....how the title Holy was implied to land. Diversity in medical science says, DNA actually proves that once we owned the same human parental genetics, then it diversified.

So you then look at Holy Land, and ask why you use the word "land", and it relates to the Temple mount, ground Temple, pyramid sciences, and how out of space UFO lands on the ground in variations.

DNA diversity, Holy Land owned.

As radiation/radio wave technology of the ancients was transmutation of metals in a form of metallurgy that involved using unnatural radio active transmitted signals in the technology, it attacked human life and sacrificed it.

How that awareness was given in natural life about technology abusing the land owners.…...due to radiation and radio wave in Holy Land changing due to use of machination.

The reason for it. The teaching was that only O the stone planet is one, the first and the only. Hence scientific alchemy/transmutation/nuclear conditions was outlawed by human reasoning.

Living as a human in society is a mutual human family agreement to accept the reason for family diversity and honour, and love and respect that shared diversity for it is personally empowering to love your family in the human ideals of how their spirit expresses their life differently to your own. And I marvel at how diverse humans are, and what they express in such beautiful self and unique experiences.

Trade is and always belonged to human travel over many lands, and those humans were always welcomed and honoured in any other country.....due to diversity.

I din't really get you ? Sorry blame that on me ..:worried:

Agnostisch

Egyptian Man
Jews have the right to enter Jerusalem, and I am sure it is the right of the Jews, but there is only one condition that must be fulfilled. The scholars of Israel know very well what this condition is....
The Coffin.
The Key to the Door of the Holy Land.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
all on a sudden Omar decided to invade Jerusalem just to snatch it away from them.

Salam brother. I know your contention relates to what the Qur'an has to say on the matter. But Jerusalem also certainly gets a mention in a number of the Ahadith testifying to its importance for Muslims too. Ws.

Ruh

Jews have the right to enter Jerusalem, and I am sure it is the right of the Jews, but there is only one condition that must be fulfilled. The scholars of Israel know very well what this condition is....
The Coffin.
The Key to the Door of the Holy Land.
Tough Guy :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Ruh

Salam brother. I know your contention relates to what the Qur'an has to say on the matter. But Jerusalem also certainly gets a mention in a number of the Ahadith testifying to its importance for Muslims too. Ws.
W. Salam . Ahadith have nothing to do with Islam bro . It was created hundreds years after the demise of the Prophet with conjectures and fabrications . If Muslims would stick with Qur'an only , Muslims would live in peace in this world today .

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
W. Salam . Ahadith have nothing to do with Islam bro . It was created hundreds years after the demise of the Prophet with conjectures and fabrications . If Muslims would stick with Qur'an only , Muslims would live in peace in this world today .

Salam. Ah, so you are a card-carrying Qur'an-only Muslim. Fair enough. Nevertheless, Islam as it is defined by the vast majority of Muslims today does include the Ahadith. So whether you like it or not, it has everything to do with Islam. Further, do you disregard the 'science of hadith' which pays close attention to the transmission of each Hadith, looking at the trustworthiness of every transmitter in the chain of transmission of each? Moreover, Imam Malik's Muwatta, the first compilation of Ahadith, was hardly put together hundreds of years after the death of the Prophet (pbuh). And I think you are being optimistic if you think that if Muslims stuck with the Qur'an alone, Muslims would live in peace in the world - Muslims are after all just people, and just as prone to finding ways to go to war as anybody else (and there are enough 'war' verses in the Qur'an for them to use to justify their decisions in this regard). Ws.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Do you have kids? Then you know that your kids are individuals, not at all the same. You might have one take music lessons, and another try out for the football team. One might be in excellerated classes, and another need tutoring. One with special needs my need far far more of the family resources than the neurotypical child. You can't treat your children the same. It would just be wrong.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you have kids? Then you know that your kids are individuals, not at all the same. You might have one take music lessons, and another try out for the football team. One might be in excellerated classes, and another need tutoring. One with special needs my need far far more of the family resources than the neurotypical child. You can't treat your children the same. It would just be wrong.

True, although they typically wouldn't have to form their own separate countries in order to do different activities.

Ruh

Salam. Ah, so you are a card-carrying Qur'an-only Muslim. Fair enough. Nevertheless, Islam as it is defined by the vast majority of Muslims today does include the Ahadith. So whether you like it or not, it has everything to do with Islam. Further, do you disregard the 'science of hadith' which pays close attention to the transmission of each Hadith, looking at the trustworthiness of every transmitter in the chain of transmission of each? Moreover, Imam Malik's Muwatta, the first compilation of Ahadith, was hardly put together hundreds of years after the death of the Prophet (pbuh). And I think you are being optimistic if you think that if Muslims stuck with the Qur'an alone, Muslims would live in peace in the world - Muslims are after all just people, and just as prone to finding ways to go to war as anybody else (and there are enough 'war' verses in the Qur'an for them to use to justify their decisions in this regard). Ws.

Followers of Ahadith= Majority , then a sign for you to ponder upon :

"A Book of which the verses are made plain, an Arabic Quran for a people who know. A herald of good news and a warner, but most of them turn aside so they hear not." (41:3-4)

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Followers of Ahadith= Majority , then a sign for you to ponder upon :

"A Book of which the verses are made plain, an Arabic Quran for a people who know. A herald of good news and a warner, but most of them turn aside so they hear not." (41:3-4)

Salam. I don't think this verse refers to those of us who pay attention to the Ahadith as well as the Qur'an. After all, we do not turn aside from the Qur'an. Ws.