• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims Don't Hate Christians

Nothingness888

The Quran tells the "believers" it doesn't matter what religion you are as long as you believe in the highest, one true God. It recommends "believers" to take in all sources from God, specifically the Torah and the Gospels.

Say: "O People of the Book! Ye have no ground to stand upon unless you stand fast by the Torah, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord." Surah 5:68

Lo! Muslims, Jews, Christians, and Sabians - whoever believeth in God and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. Surah 2:62

Comparing the warring scriptures would be like comparing the Israelites and saying the stoning, killing and extermination of nonbelievers is an inherit trait in the religion of Jews and Christians. It was instructions for those times, for the people to follow from their prophet. The same is said about the Quran. Muhammad actually eliminated much polytheism and worship of gods and brought billions of people to the One God.

The scriptures of peace in religions is what stands throughout time.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
True. Muslims who actually follow their religion don't hate Christians or Jews. We're all supposed to be brothers and sisters in our worship of God.

Repox

Truth Seeker
True. Muslims who actually follow their religion don't hate Christians or Jews. We're all supposed to be brothers and sisters in our worship of God.

Is that really true? If so, why is there so much hate and animosity against Jews by Muslims in nations surrounding Israel? Why have Jews fought three major wars to defend Israel? What is the explanation for Jihadist using acts of terror to kill Jews, all in the name of Allah?

I would accept your proposition of Muslims not hating Jews if history wasn't contradictory. Maybe some Muslims disagree with what Muslim extremist do, but they're not very vocal in their objections.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Is that really true? If so, why is there so much hate and animosity against Jews by Muslims in nations surrounding Israel? Why have Jews fought three major wars to defend Israel? What is the explanation for Jihadist using acts of terror to kill Jews, all in the name of Allah?

I would accept your proposition of Muslims not hating Jews if history wasn't contradictory.

That's a political and social situation and religion has been warped accordingly. The Islamist movement is recent and emerged as a violent backlash to what is seen as Westernization as well as having a strong aspect of Arab and Muslim nationalism.

Repox

Truth Seeker
That's a political and social situation and religion has been warped accordingly. The Islamist movement is recent and emerged as a violent backlash to what is seen as Westernization as well as having a strong aspect of Arab and Muslim nationalism.

I don't think your use of "political and social" applies. Much of what you may term political for Arab nations and Iran is more religious inasmuch as those governments are theocratic regimes, which means there is Islamic consent to political actions. You may call it Westernization, but not necessary because Western nations impose their will. Based on history, Islamic nations have adopting Western standards to move forward into the new world. If it were truly Western, Arab nations and Iran would be adopting democratic institutions. It was thought the Arab Spring was movement toward democracy, but recent developments indicate otherwise.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't think your use of "political and social" applies. Much of what you may term political for Arab nations and Iran is more religious inasmuch as those governments are theocratic regimes, which means there is Islamic consent to political actions. You may call it Westernization, but not necessary because Western nations impose their will. Based on history, Islamic nations have adopting Western standards to move forward into the new world. If it were truly Western, Arab nations and Iran would be adopting democratic institutions. It was thought the Arab Spring was movement toward democracy, but recent developments indicate otherwise.

I am talking about what Islamism is as a socio-political ideology. It does have a severe hatred of Western culture and is strongly nationalist. It is a socio-political ideology that has interpreted Islam to suit their goals. It's no different from any other form of religious extremism in that respect.

Repox

Truth Seeker
I am talking about what Islamism is as a socio-political ideology. It does have a severe hatred of Western culture and is strongly nationalist. It is a socio-political ideology that has interpreted Islam to suit their goals. It's no different from any other form of religious extremism in that respect.

You might compare today's Islamic regimes to Western nations existing hundreds of years ago, but not today. For most of today's Islamic nations, there is no such thing as a political institution without a strong Islamic bias. In today's world, Islamic nations are extreme examples. Western nations have become mostly democratized.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Some do, some don't. Just because someone's beliefs should dictate that they shouldn't in nature, doesn't mean they don't.

Sees

Dragonslayer
The Quran tells the "believers" it doesn't matter what religion you are as long as you believe in the highest, one true God. It recommends "believers" to take in all sources from God, specifically the Torah and the Gospels.

Say: "O People of the Book! Ye have no ground to stand upon unless you stand fast by the Torah, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord." Surah 5:68

Lo! Muslims, Jews, Christians, and Sabians - whoever believeth in God and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. Surah 2:62

Comparing the warring scriptures would be like comparing the Israelites and saying the stoning, killing and extermination of nonbelievers is an inherit trait in the religion of Jews and Christians. It was instructions for those times, for the people to follow from their prophet. The same is said about the Quran. Muhammad actually eliminated much polytheism and worship of gods and brought billions of people to the One God.

The scriptures of peace in religions is what stands throughout time.

What about all the polytheists, atheists, etc.?

We want love and peace.

Nothingness888

I would accept your proposition of Muslims not hating Jews if history wasn't contradictory. Maybe some Muslims disagree with what Muslim extremist do, but they're not very vocal in their objections.

It is an issue over land. Israel has the same situation of Israel in the Bible. Muslims believe they own a portion of the land in Israel, and Israel believes it all belongs to them. It's a pitiful situation that simple "sharing" could solve.

Nothingness888

If you are referring to the current war, and rush of Muslims going to the CIA funded Al Queda, the reason is obvious. We have standing armies all over the world, and this causes people to hate America. In the Islam nations specifically, we kill their children and family with our drones, and don't even give as much as a false apology. Under this hurt it causes them to flow over to Al Queda and follow their false doctrines that aren't even in the Quran (ie. 72 virgins, and Jihad). If we simply stopped invading them, and killing the innocent then much of their "hatred" would disperse.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
You can say that for everyone.

Absolutely. But some seem conditioned to hate more than others based on their religion. I've been told by some Muslims that Allah wants them to hate non-believers. I don't know if the scripture actually asks them to or not though.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Absolutely. But some seem conditioned to hate more than others based on their religion. I've been told by some Muslims that Allah wants them to hate non-believers. I don't know if the scripture actually asks them to or not though.

If religion is the sum of one's beliefs (unorganized or organize religion), wouldn't all hate be based on one's religion? Same goes for "secular" politics.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hey all, how's it going :)

I'm an Orthodox Muslim and I don't hate anyone simply because of their beliefs.

Well frankly, I used to hate some, specially Christians and Jews, but as I grew up and matured, I realized that I was in grave error and now I feel really bad about it. Beliefs must be considered according to what they are, not for what its so called people do.

Individuals represent them selves not what they claim to be and follow.

I understand why many hate Muslims, but I assure you that I and so many good Muslims, the media don't get a hold of, don't deserve such hatred.

My Islamic teachings are to never take anyone, no matter what their beliefs are, as enemies unless they wage war to kill or to exile me from my home, and only as an act of defense.

Anyway, the bottom line is, Orthodox Islam does not teach to hate non Muslims. I don't.

Love ya all :)

Clarity

If I were to judge this question through the prism of media reports, I'd say you live in a cave. (But of course we all know that the media will only report the blood and guts and Muslims quietly going about their business aren't news-worthy. So the media is a poor source of information.)

If I were to judge this question based on the Muslims that I've met, I'd say that Muslims are non-issues and that they're apathetic to what the Quran says on anything and simply go about their business. (But even though I've met Muslims in a number of different countries, I don't think my sample can be considered representative.)

Therefore the only way left to me to judge is how well Muslims, as a whole, practice what they preach, one persistant unanswered question question is this: Why can't a religion of peace contain and eradicate hundreds of thousands of terrorists preaching a different Islam? This is a religion, after all. How far are Muslims willing to go to take their religion back? Why would the danger of terrorism cow them into inaction?

Repox

Truth Seeker

In fact some verses in the Quran ask Muslims to hate and destroy unbelievers. Here are those versus:

Sura 9, verse 5, reads: "fight and slay unbelievers wherever ye find them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war. But if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them . . . ."

Sura 9, verse 29, reads: "fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of truth, even if they are of the 40 people of the book, until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Sura 5, verse 51 reads: "Oh ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends and protectors; they are but friends of protectors of each other. And he amongst you that turns to them for friendship is of them. Verily Allah guideth not the unjust."

Sura 3, verse 28, introduces the doctrine of taqiyya, which holds that Muslims should not be friends with the infidel except as deception, always with the end goal of converting, subduing, or destroying them.

Sura 5, verse 64. And the Jews say: The hand of Allah is tied up! Their hands shall be shackled and they shall be cursed for what they say. Nay, both His hands are spread out, He expends as He pleases; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord will certainly make many of them increase in inordinacy and unbelief; and We have put enmity and hatred among them till the day of resurrection; whenever they kindle a fire for war Allah puts it out, and they strive to make mischief in the land; and Allah does not love the mischief-makers.

Last edited:

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Hey all, how's it going :)

I'm an Orthodox Muslim and I don't hate anyone simply because of their beliefs.

Well frankly, I used to hate some, specially Christians and Jews, but as I grew up and matured, I realized that I was in grave error and now I feel really bad about it. Beliefs must be considered according to what they are, not for what its so called people do.

Individuals represent them selves not what they claim to be and follow.

I understand why many hate Muslims, but I assure you that I and so many good Muslims, the media don't get a hold of, don't deserve such hatred.

My Islamic teachings are to never take anyone, no matter what their beliefs are, as enemies unless they wage war to kill or to exile me from my home, and only as an act of defense.

Anyway, the bottom line is, Orthodox Islam does not teach to hate non Muslims. I don't.

Love ya all :)
If only all Muslims were like you. May your tribe increase!