• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: difference between Nabi & Resul

.lava

Veteran Member
Selam my brothers and sisters,

here i like to talk about the difference between the concepts of Nebi and Resul.
in todays' society, people claim Nabi and Resul mean the same. but they don't. in time, citizens of Islamic nations followed commentaries of people instead of the Holy Book Qur'an.

i knopw there are real messengers of Allah Almighty who give their all lives with pleasure to serve Allah. those are the ones who were given duties from Allah Almighty. i donot confuse them with people who claims they're men of God.

Nebi is subjet of makaam of Nubuvvet. Nabi means Prophet. Muhammed (PBUH) is the last Nabi of all.

33 / AL AHZAP – 40: Muhammed (PBUH) is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the Last (Seal) of the Nabis (Prophets); and Allah is All-Knower of all things.

according to Al Ahzap:40 makaam of Nubuvvet was sealed. Allah Almighty does not say: “Muhammad (PBUH) is the last resul (messenger) and the last nabi (prophet).” Allah Almighty says: “Muhammad (PBUH) is the resul (messenger) of Allah and the last prophet (nabi), Hatam-ul Anbiya.”

Resul is subject of makaam of Risalet. Resul means messenger. if it was said Resullulah that means "messenger of Allah"

in all times of world history there've always been Resuls. today there are Resuls all around the world. a man cannot announce himself a Resul. only Allah Almighty choses whoever it wants.

most of the Muslims call Resuls "liars" because they think Resul and Nabi are the same concept. Resuls arenot prophets. but Nabis are Prophets and they are also messengers of Allah, naturally.

16 / AN-NAHL - 36: For We assuredly sent (appointed) amongst every People (tribe) a messenger so they become servants and avoid the Satanic Way (TAGUT, man and jinn demons). Some of them (those who depended on a messenger) attained HIDAYAT (the true guidance leading to Allah) and some of them (those who did not depend on a messenger) were inevitably (established) in DALALET (misguidance). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth).

10 / YÛNUS - 47: Every nation (people) has been sent a messenger. When their messenger came to them, they were judged between them with justice. They are not treated unjustly.

14 / IBRAHIM - 4: There is no Messenger that We sent except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. So Allah leaves those (who do not wish to reach Allah) whom He pleases in DALALET (Misguidance), and guides whom He pleases to Himself (HIDAYAT= True Guidance leading to Allah). He is Exalted in power, the All-Wise.

in these verses, Allah Almighty didnt use the word Nabi for a reason. because however Nabis were sent for all humankind (and Jinns) they werenot sent in every nation. but messengers, Resuls were sent to every nation. a Resul among them who speak the language of the certain nation. today in every nation there are Resuls who explains Islam and invites people to the religion of Allah. this process of messengers has never ended.

thank you for your time

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
oops!

Those indeed seem very common with the "Quran Only" Guys.!

if you are really a submitter Lava, then open this thread in the Quran Only subforum...Not to get people confused

.lava

Veteran Member

i donot know what submitter means. in case it is the name of the one who surrenders to Allah then yes, i am the 3rd level of hidayet.
these arenot 'ideas', it is the Holy Book Qur'an.

.lava

Veteran Member
oops!

Those indeed seem very common with the "Quran Only" Guys.!

if you are really a submitter Lava, then open this thread in the Quran Only subforum...Not to get people confused

Bible, Tavrat and Qur'an were given by Allah Almighty. they all explained the religion of Allah which is Islam=surrender. it is named as religion of Abraham. therefor this board suits very well. in other words i am willing to send for everyone who has book.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Yeah, language wise, we are all submitters (since we are muslims)...But ideology wise, submitters referres to those who believe in the Quran only, or sometimes referred to as "Quranic"

Quranic muslims are those who dont believe in the prophet's sunna and in the Ahadeeth...And one of their beliefs is what you are mentioning here in the thread

.lava

Veteran Member
Yeah, language wise, we are all submitters (since we are muslims)...But ideology wise, submitters referres to those who believe in the Quran only, or sometimes referred to as "Quranic"

Quranic muslims are those who dont believe in the prophet's sunna and in the Ahadeeth...And one of their beliefs is what you are mentioning here in the thread

if you're Muslim that makes you "Amenu"---a believer
submissions is more than that.

there are no different kinds of Islam. there is only one and it is written in the Book Qur'an.

42 / ASH – SHÛRA - 13: Saying, “Establish religion and make no divisions in it,” He (Allah) has ordained the same religion for you as that which We ordained for Noah - that which We have revealed to you - and that which We ordained for Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. The thing (invitation to Allah and to have faith in Allah) to which you invited was hard for those MUSHRIK (those who attribute a partner to Allah). Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases and guides (takes) unto Himself those who turn to Him.

all the Muslims who follows command of Allah Almighty do care for Sunnah of Muhammed (PBUH) for example we go for salaat 7 times a day. that's Sunnah. we go fasting every thursday, that is Sunnah too. it is out of question to avoid Sunnah of Habibullah.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Sure, and as I told you, we are all submitters language wise...but conceptually, submitters referres to a certain division who claim that the sunna is fake, and we should only follow Quran

So, you do follow the sunna?...I mean you believe in the Ahadeeth?

And how come you pray 7 times a day?...They are only 5!

Salam :)

Do I miss something here?

Mujahid Mohammed

Bible, Tavrat and Qur'an were given by Allah Almighty. they all explained the religion of Allah which is Islam=surrender. it is named as religion of Abraham. therefor this board suits very well. in other words i am willing to send for everyone who has book.
Have you ever read the bible? Seriously as a former Christian who is now muslim a statement like that tells me that at best you have not studied christianity or the history of the bible. At worst you have never really read the bible.

Mujahid Mohammed

Now the Ulama state that a Nabi is a prophet and a Rasool is a Messenger. Imam Nawawi comments on this and states that a Rasool brings a new law and is ordered to implement sharia whereas the Nabi follows the law the Rasool brings. the example is Musa and Haroon. Musa was a Messenger one of the five and his brother was made a nabi, Musa peace be upon him brought the Torah whereas Haroon followed the implemented what Musa brought. Peace.

.lava

Veteran Member
Sure, and as I told you, we are all submitters language wise...but conceptually, submitters referres to a certain division who claim that the sunna is fake, and we should only follow Quran

So, you do follow the sunna?...I mean you believe in the Ahadeeth?

And how come you pray 7 times a day?...They are only 5!

Salam :)

Do I miss something here?

yes 7 times a day, that's what Prophet and all sahabi did. yet two of them is Sunnah, 5 of them is obligation for all. those two are Sunnah of Muhammed (PBUH) one of them is called nigth salaat (between midnight and morning salaat) and other one is called Duha (between morning salaat and the one we do before noon)

what does it mean? fake Sunnah? what is ahadeeth? please explain.

being a Muslim is not enough for submission. being a Muslim means, you have faith in Allah, you believe Muhammed (PBUH) is its messenger and prophet, you believe after life, you believe angels of Allah...etc it basicly means you are a believer. submission is a lifetime process. that process begins when you want to reach Allah.

.lava

Veteran Member
Have you ever read the bible? Seriously as a former Christian who is now muslim a statement like that tells me that at best you have not studied christianity or the history of the bible. At worst you have never really read the bible.

i red it once. but it's been changed. it is not original text anymore.
therefor Qur'an is the only source for all humankind. as Allah promised noone has power to change even a letter in the text of Qur'an. but of course the original Bible was given by Allah Almighty. i have no doubt about it.

with priceless help of my Murshid;

The Torah, Bible and Qur’an instruct and obligate a religion, which was lived by Moses and his people, lived by Jesus and his apostles, and by Mohammed and the companions who followed him. This religion is the Hanif religion, which includes seven stages and four submissions.
This religion consists of 3 essentials:
  1. Believing in one God (Oneness).
  2. To unite in one group composed of people wishing to reach Allah (Unity).
  3. To surrender the spirit and submit the physical body, the soul and the free will to Allah (Submissions).

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
i red it once. but it's been changed. it is not original text anymore.
therefor Qur'an is the only source for all humankind. as Allah promised noone has power to change even a letter in the text of Qur'an. but of course the original Bible was given by Allah Almighty. i have no doubt about it.

with priceless help of my Murshid;

The Torah, Bible and Qur’an instruct and obligate a religion, which was lived by Moses and his people, lived by Jesus and his apostles, and by Mohammed and the companions who followed him. This religion is the Hanif religion, which includes seven stages and four submissions.
This religion consists of 3 essentials:
  1. Believing in one God (Oneness).
  2. To unite in one group composed of people wishing to reach Allah (Unity).
  3. To surrender the spirit and submit the physical body, the soul and the free will to Allah (Submissions).

Well, you then seem not to be Quranic..

Quranic people are those who dont believe in the Sunna, and say that all the Ahadeeth (Quotes by the prophet) are fake, and they follow their own Shariaa' based on the Quran alone

But honestly, I dont know what your Murshid was telling you, never heard about the 7 stages, nor the 4 submissions:confused:

Is he following a certain sect?

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

We Bahai's are also quite familiar with the concepts of nabi and Ras'ul and the distinctions between them!

We take nabi to indicate a minor prophet such as Jeremiah or Micah. Ras'ul, in contrast, refers to a major Divine Messenger such as Jesus, Muhammad, or Baha'u'llah, our Founder.

And the distinction is key because in the Qur'an Muhammad is called the Seal of the nabi, NOT of the Ras'ul! This is why we see the common Muslim impression that Muhammad is the last Divine Messenger as mistaken. While Muhammad may be considered the end (Seal) of the minor prophets, this in no way prevents further Messengers now or in the future (which IOV there will indeed be).

Best regards, :)

Bruce

.lava

Veteran Member
Well, you then seem not to be Quranic..

Quranic people are those who dont believe in the Sunna, and say that all the Ahadeeth (Quotes by the prophet) are fake, and they follow their own Shariaa' based on the Quran alone

But honestly, I dont know what your Murshid was telling you, never heard about the 7 stages, nor the 4 submissions:confused:

Is he following a certain sect?

my lovely friend,

there is only one religion of Allah.
i do believe in Hadiths of course. there are hundreds of fake hadiths though. you must distinguish between real and fake ones. it is your responsiblity. real hadiths never conflict with Qur'an. as Mohammed (PBUH) said it once we must compare hadiths with Qur'an. because Qur'an is the only source it is words of Allah.

please consider...
there are no different kinds of Islam. it is just one, ever since Adam (PBUH) was created. religion of Allah has never and will never change.

.lava

Veteran Member
Greetings!

We Bahai's are also quite familiar with the concepts of nabi and Ras'ul and the distinctions between them!

We take nabi to indicate a minor prophet such as Jeremiah or Micah. Ras'ul, in contrast, refers to a major Divine Messenger such as Jesus, Muhammad, or Baha'u'llah, our Founder.

And the distinction is key because in the Qur'an Muhammad is called the Seal of the nabi, NOT of the Ras'ul! This is why we see the common Muslim impression that Muhammad is the last Divine Messenger as mistaken. While Muhammad may be considered the end (Seal) of the minor prophets, this in no way prevents further Messengers now or in the future (which IOV there will indeed be).

Best regards, :)

Bruce

hi Bruce,

i donot know what you mean by "minor"
prophets are prophets. the greatest one is Muhammed (PBUH) therefor he was the last one. rasul means messenger and they keep coming.

A

angellous_evangellous

***MOD ADVISORY***

Please note that this is a same-faith debate.

Thanks,
A_E

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Allah Almighty does not say: “Muhammad (PBUH) is the last resul (messenger) and the last nabi (prophet).

Allah said so because in Arabic, it would be a very weak argument if you are repeating yourself and going in circles. Nabi is a prophet; a man whom Allah communicated with either with direct revelation, orally, or even by inspiration. On the other hand, when this nabi is commanded by God to spread the MESSAGE to people, then he will become a Rasul "MESSENGER" but not just a Nabi "Prophet".

today there are Resuls all around the world. a man cannot announce himself a Resul. only Allah Almighty choses whoever it wants.

Today?

Do you mean we have prophets today and God already announced them?

most of the Muslims call Resuls "liars" because they think Resul and Nabi are the same concept. Resuls arenot prophets. but Nabis are Prophets and they are also messengers of Allah, naturally.

So are you saying now that there are prophets after prophet Mohammed and MOST of the Muslims rejected them JUST because they are confused about this concept, seriously?

today in every nation there are Resuls who explains Islam and invites people to the religion of Allah. this process of messengers has never ended.

Can you please name some of them in my area? Or even in yours?

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Dear sister lava..

Your are not a Quranic indeed, since you believe in the ahadeeth...But it's weird you still agree with some of their concepts, that are acknowledged by muslim scholars to be invalid..

I wanna know exactly please, what source of information do you follow in learning about islam :)

Thanks