• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims Declare That They Must Cannibalize Human Flesh For Allah, They Take An Innocent Man, Carve H

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Somehow I doubt that Buddha would be very impressed.
He likely wouldn't have been impressed with the Buddhist establishment in Sri Lanka blocking peace efforts with the Tamil Tigers again and again either. Or the Buddhists in southern Thailand provoking trouble with the Islamic residents.

Not that I have anything against Buddhism; but its right wing mixes with politics and ethnic cleansing and war as badly as other religions' do.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
He likely wouldn't have been impressed with the Buddhist establishment in Sri Lanka blocking peace efforts with the Tamil Tigers again and again either. Or the Buddhists in southern Thailand provoking trouble with the Islamic residents.

Not that I have anything against Buddhism; but its right wing mixes with politics and ethnic cleansing and war as badly as other religions' do.
I think the only real difference is that Muslim extremists have gone beyond local borders and have spilled onto the world stage. That, itself, IS unique.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the only real difference is that Muslim extremists have gone beyond local borders and have spilled onto the world stage. That, itself, IS unique.
Meanwhile spending even more aggression on each other, Sunni v Shia across the Middle East.

As Northern Ireland showed, we can be good haters, we tribal humans.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Yeah...the main parallels to that in recent history have been political more than religious.

But Islam almost has a boot in the politics camp. Perhaps that's important?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yeah...the main parallels to that in recent history have been political more than religious.

But Islam almost has a boot in the politics camp. Perhaps that's important?
I do agree but sadly there is no division in Islam between religion and politics.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The difference also is there is absolutely nothing in Buddha's sayings Sutta discourses that in any way shape or form justify what's happening in Myanmar and what happened in Sri Lanka. Everything in there opposes such things in completely unambiguous terms. So they have no excuse whatsoever. The people who are doing this are much Buddhists as Creationists are scientists. o_O

The decline of Buddhism to this last pitiful state in South and South East Asia saddens me no end. But I will let Gandalf speak,

Sniff sniff.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The difference also is there is absolutely nothing in Buddha's sayings Sutta discourses that in any way shape or form justify what's happening in Myanmar and what happened in Sri Lanka. Everything in there opposes such things in completely unambiguous terms. So they have no excuse whatsoever. The people who are doing this are much Buddhists as Creationists are scientists. o_O
I stand corrected. Thank you.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
What does one man eating a heart (whatever the reasoning) have to do with Islam?
Have you read any of the posts here? If you did you must have missed the additional links to Islam and cannibalism and the Syrian Muslim talking about eating the heart of those he defeated.

What evidence have you that this is not true?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Have you read any of the posts here? If you did you must have missed the additional links to Islam and cannibalism and the Syrian Muslim talking about eating the heart of those he defeated.

What evidence have you that this is not true?
Are you asking me to prove a negative? That's a bit unreasonable.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
How about discuss why you believe any of this is false
For starters, the website is known for spreading "fake news" (false stories). So, I'm not going to be gullible enough to just take their word for it unless it is corroborated by a more reputable source.
(from PolitiFact's guide to fake news websites)
upload_2017-9-14_10-5-34.png

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس