• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims, can you be friends with members of other religions?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Muslims, can you be friends with members of other religions according to the Quran?
Peace be on you.
1-God is Islam is Lord of all worlds / peoples.
Quran
[1:2]All praise to Allah Lord of all worlds / people.

2-Prophet of Islam is mercy for all people:
[21:108]And We have sent thee not but as mercy for all worlds.

3-Righteous people of previous religions are acknowledged:
[2;63] Surely, the Believers, and the Jews, and the Christians and the Sabians — whichever party from among these truly believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good deeds — shall have their reward with their Lord, and no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=126&region=E1&CR=EN,E2&CR=EN,E2

4-Any exclusions mentioned not to make hearty friends are certain people from large religions who continued to annihilates Muslims.

5-True Islam is for all people, so good conduct to all people is must.

6-Obviously a closeness with people of same faith is superior to all others, it is like family.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Yes, we can

We also can marry to Christians and Jews women.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was a neighbore to a Jew,he was visiting him everytime he got sick.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Then I think I will need some elaboration and/or examples in order to understand how one differentiates friends from allies and protectors.

Servant_of_the_One1

Against believers? So you mean in some sort of conflict? Armed conflict, perhaps?

Yes exacly buddy

For example a muslim state cannot surrender muslims to nonmuslim land, they cannot support nonmuslims against muslims. This is clearly forbidden. For example Ottoman caliphate cannot give muslims to nonmuslim states who wants to punish them.

However Luis, i consider alqeada and isis to be disbelieving apostates. They are enemies of all mankind.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
5-51
O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.

I do believe this is not coincidence or prediction before 1400 years ago!
This talking about now , West and Israel.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
*** Staff Reminder ***

Please remember this thread is in the Islam DIR. If you are not a Muslim, please refrain from responding to the question as per Rule 10.